Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November

A new trailer from Activision offers an official reveal for Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare following yesterday's tease and in advance of the promised full reveal on Sunday. This might actually be that reveal, though the Call of Duty website still has a countdown timer that will hit zero around 10:00 am EDT Sunday. Though they are just taking first wraps off the game, they are already offering a release date for the military shooter sequel, saying: "Power changes everything on November 4th, 2014." They also offer another hint about the game's futuristic setting, saying: "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare envisions battlegrounds of the future, where both technology and tactic have evolved to usher in a new era of combat for the franchise." As for the clip, it features an impressively rendered Kevin Spacey going off on a bit of an ominous rant about the benefits of a benevolent dictatorship.

View
67 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

27. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November May 2, 2014, 12:46 Hump

SpectralMeat wrote on May 2, 2014, 12:30:
Hump wrote on May 2, 2014, 12:23:
isn't Sledgehammer the ones responsible for the last piece of shit "Ghosts"?
No that was Infinity Ward

wow, I'm pretty shocked that they've fallen that far from their heyday.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November May 2, 2014, 12:39 ASeven

InBlack wrote on May 2, 2014, 10:17:
Why did they render his likeness? Doesnt that cost like millions compared to you know actually filming him??

With the astronomical costs of AAA developing, nothing like piling even more on the costs by hiring big Hollywood stars.

CoD sales have been in decline since MW3. If Activision isn't careful, they may find themselves not making enough revenue from CoD sales to cover the cost of marketing and hiring these big stars.

25. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November May 2, 2014, 12:34 Beamer

Jivaro wrote on May 2, 2014, 10:01:
A good and lengthy single player campaign would go a long way with someone like me though.

The Ghosts single player campaign was the best they've had, I think. No infinite spawning, and the set pieces were more involved and required you to do more.
It was decent. A 7.5/10. And it was the right length. A "lengthy" single player campaign in a game like this, or in my opinion, nearly any FPS (even if it's open world, FC3 outstayed its welcome) is a bad thing. FPS games start getting old around 10 hours, usually.

Ghosts multiplayer was atrocious, the bots were actually very well done but the maps were horrible, the perks didn't feel right, and the killstreaks were a step back from the over the top chaos of MW3.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

24. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November May 2, 2014, 12:30 SpectralMeat

Hump wrote on May 2, 2014, 12:23:
No that was Infinity Ward

Steam: SpectralMeat

23. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November May 2, 2014, 12:28 Beamer

Do you guys still get microphone-spamming 14 year old bigots, or are you basing this on your experiences 5 years ago?

I played a decent amount of Ghosts and an enormous amount of MW3 and very, very rarely found myself in a game against 14 year old bigots, or really any bigots. There were some on occasion, but far less than there were in the early days and far less than when I played hours of CS a day back in like 1999.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

22. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November May 2, 2014, 12:23 Hump

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

21. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November May 2, 2014, 11:46 Task

call of duty house of cards edition footage captured on xbone?  

20. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November May 2, 2014, 11:35 ochentay4

Well, I'm not a fan of CoD series, always prefered BF, but this trailer loos great, even my wife who hates videogames in general said wow. Looking forward! (got to get a PS4!!!).  

19. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November May 2, 2014, 11:32 Creston

InBlack wrote on May 2, 2014, 10:17:
Why did they render his likeness? Doesnt that cost like millions compared to you know actually filming him??

With stuff like this, don't they just film the guy and then sort of turn convert it into a game-looking render? I think that's the way that LA Noire did it.

Anyway, it's a nice trailer, and it is sorta cool to see them tackling at least somewhat futuristic ideas now. So for the next 8 CoDs, it'll be "futuristic warfare", after which the whole thing will reset to Ancient Rome.

18. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November May 2, 2014, 11:22 Creston

Flak wrote on May 2, 2014, 08:45:
Titanfall meets Elysium meets angry, 14-year old microphone spamming bigots...And it'll break all of the gaming sales records, hooray!

I don't think they can lay claim to that anymore. Ghosts didn't break nothing.

17. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November May 2, 2014, 10:51 nin

Cutter wrote on May 2, 2014, 10:44:
How many tricks does this pony have again?

"It's no longer that we flog the dead horse, it's the speed and skill at which we do so."

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

16. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November May 2, 2014, 10:44 Cutter

How many tricks does this pony have again?

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

15. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November May 2, 2014, 10:17 InBlack

Typical Internet Smartass Reaction to Call of Doody:

BROTARD BS, CALL OF DOODY CRAP, NOT THIS FUCKING SHIT AGAIN, boohooo, screw you Activision, blah blah rant rant, blah blah....

OOOoooOOO Kevin Spacey??!!

*presses pre-order button.

/end

I have a nifty blue line!

14. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November May 2, 2014, 10:12 SpectralMeat

Kris Redbeard wrote on May 2, 2014, 10:05:
Man, I can't wait for that next-gen fish AI!
Yep the fish will have an Ai for each eye ball.

Steam: SpectralMeat

13. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November May 2, 2014, 10:05 Kris Redbeard

Man, I can't wait for that next-gen fish AI!  

GROUND BRANCH
Mature Classic Tactical First Person Shooter

12. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November May 2, 2014, 10:01 Jivaro

Well done trailer...can't really go wrong with Kevin Spacey. We shall see if it's actually different enough from the last 100 million CoD games for me to buy in. They are obviously trying to establish that it is in fact different, that doesn't mean it really will be. A good and lengthy single player campaign would go a long way with someone like me though.  

11. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November May 2, 2014, 09:52 Verno

Well, this is the first Sledgehammer one and it had a 3 year dev cycle so it'll be interesting to see how it ends up.  

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

10. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November May 2, 2014, 09:49 xXBatmanXx

After seeing what a cluster Ghosts was (visually ugly and terrible mess)....I get it, different studio, bla bla bla. But they are just releasing anything they can for cash grab.  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

9. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November May 2, 2014, 09:44 wtf_man

Call-a-doodie, Call-a-doodie, Call-a-doodie, Call-a-doodie, Call-a-doodie, Call-a-doodie, X-Box Go Home!

I never could get into this series... and I like shooters. I'm not sure of the appeal... but I have to admit I have very little knowledge, other than watching friends play, or trying a demo here and there (when they released one).

That said... this one looks more interesting than COD:Ghosts

8. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November May 2, 2014, 09:41 Jackplug

Oh wow, nice gfx but it will all fall down to the same gameplay style, just like every other cod game.  

67 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo