Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November

A new trailer from Activision offers an official reveal for Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare following yesterday's tease and in advance of the promised full reveal on Sunday. This might actually be that reveal, though the Call of Duty website still has a countdown timer that will hit zero around 10:00 am EDT Sunday. Though they are just taking first wraps off the game, they are already offering a release date for the military shooter sequel, saying: "Power changes everything on November 4th, 2014." They also offer another hint about the game's futuristic setting, saying: "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare envisions battlegrounds of the future, where both technology and tactic have evolved to usher in a new era of combat for the franchise." As for the clip, it features an impressively rendered Kevin Spacey going off on a bit of an ominous rant about the benefits of a benevolent dictatorship.

View
67 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

47. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November May 2, 2014, 15:23 ochentay4

Creston wrote on May 2, 2014, 14:55:
SpectralMeat wrote on May 2, 2014, 14:46:
Sadly Creston a lot of people doesn't care about that stuff. For one thing they buy these games for the MP. How else do you think Act. can make record profits on DLC map packs?
I personally have zero interest in SP when it comes to CoD. Same thing I can say about BF games.
What they should do is make the SP and MP 2 separate games and let people buy them separately. $39.99 for SP or MP only or $60 for both.

That's exactly what I said, actually.

I can't imagine that there are that many people who buy CoD for their SP campaigns, it's MP only, but if they go MP only then Activision has a hard time justifying a $60 price tag. And the campaign really doesn't cost that much to make. It's just a pure profit motivator, really.
Many people don't play online, like me and my friends. We come to each other houses play together the campaing or Split Screen, or LAN party at best. Can't see why everyone doesn't understand what Activision does: they make a yearly product for all audiences and tastes: SP and MP lovers. SP is like a great movie and I love them and MP it's, well I don't know, I don't play it. Everyone complains yet everyone buys it...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

46. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November May 2, 2014, 15:22 Task

eRe4s3r wrote on May 2, 2014, 14:56:
Pretty much same here Does nobody ever wonder why we don't have such charismatic speakers in the real world? Why nobody ever speaks the truth in politics anymore?

Its because Machiavellians, corruption, and "maintaining the status quo" always win the day. There is a historical precedent for it, over 5,000 years or more worth. That's the real world, usually people keep falling INTO or FOR it. A book, a video game, a show, a movie, are the stuff where people pretend of humans being better.

MLK appeared before the world and told of how our government lies and is the greatest purveyor of violence in the world, the cold hard truth. He got a bullet from the government for his efforts.

45. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November May 2, 2014, 15:06 Creston

eRe4s3r wrote on May 2, 2014, 14:56:
Does nobody ever wonder why we don't have such charismatic speakers in the real world?

What? For all his faults, Obama is a terrific speaker.

44. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November May 2, 2014, 14:56 eRe4s3r

HorrorScope wrote on May 2, 2014, 13:41:
I have no clue how good this will be or not, but I have to agree with some of his speech there.

Pretty much same here Does nobody ever wonder why we don't have such charismatic speakers in the real world? Why nobody ever speaks the truth in politics anymore?

Can you imagine someone appearing on prime-time TV, giving this speech? And how many people would enter denial because it destroys their world view that's based on lies and misconceptions?

No idea whether the game will be worth it, but at least they have a good writer

What a sad state of affairs when game trailers have more political vision than politicians.

43. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November May 2, 2014, 14:55 Creston

SpectralMeat wrote on May 2, 2014, 14:46:
Sadly Creston a lot of people doesn't care about that stuff. For one thing they buy these games for the MP. How else do you think Act. can make record profits on DLC map packs?
I personally have zero interest in SP when it comes to CoD. Same thing I can say about BF games.
What they should do is make the SP and MP 2 separate games and let people buy them separately. $39.99 for SP or MP only or $60 for both.

That's exactly what I said, actually.

I can't imagine that there are that many people who buy CoD for their SP campaigns, it's MP only, but if they go MP only then Activision has a hard time justifying a $60 price tag. And the campaign really doesn't cost that much to make. It's just a pure profit motivator, really.

42. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November May 2, 2014, 14:46 SpectralMeat

Steam: SpectralMeat

41. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November May 2, 2014, 14:42 Creston

Parias wrote on May 2, 2014, 14:18:
Creston wrote on May 2, 2014, 14:11:
The last thing Bobby wants to do is come down that $60 price tag, so they keep including a SP campaign few people want or even care about.

Is that really true? I never even bother much with the multiplayer modes in CoD and only really play it for all the scripted craziness in the singleplayer campaigns as I've never been much into competitive gaming. I actually had a lot of fun with CoD1/2's singleplayer.

Why do people dislike the singleplayer modes that much? I didn't realize this was apparently a majority thing.

Not 100% true, obviously, but are there really that many people who plunk down 60 bucks for an uninspired, single-corridor, loud, bombastic single player campaign that lasts five hours and features infinitely spawning enemies until you cross their "stop spawning" script point?

I can't remember which of the CoDs it was, but it features a first level where 3 guys shoot up some Cuban camp, and a guy posted a video of him getting through the entire level without ever firing a shot, and where, when they get into the get-away car and the player is supposedly the driver, he never does anything and yet the car escapes anyway.

That isn't a game anymore, that's a glorified cutscene.

Hey, if there really are droves of people who pay 60 bucks for that, I'll gladly say I was wrong, but then I do have to ask "What the fuck is wrong with you people??"

40. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November May 2, 2014, 14:38 Beamer

SpectralMeat wrote on May 2, 2014, 14:34:
Beamer wrote on May 2, 2014, 14:29:
I've actually never played a Treyarch CoD (even though I own BlOPS2),
I thought their games were the best CoD titles.
Even today Blops2 is the best one out. Ghost was terrible.
My favorite CoD game to date is made by Treyarch it is World at War. Quiet a few years old now, but still fun.

People often say that, but they had to ape the MW multiplayer for a reason - it was really well done.
And, contrary to the opinion here, it actually changed substantially from title to title.

It just sucked in Ghosts.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

39. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November May 2, 2014, 14:34 SpectralMeat

Beamer wrote on May 2, 2014, 14:29:
I've actually never played a Treyarch CoD (even though I own BlOPS2),
I thought their games were the best CoD titles.
Even today Blops2 is the best one out. Ghost was terrible.
My favorite CoD game to date is made by Treyarch it is World at War. Quiet a few years old now, but still fun.

38. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November May 2, 2014, 14:31 Necrophob

Parias wrote on May 2, 2014, 14:18:
The last thing Bobby wants to do is come down that $60 price tag, so they keep including a SP campaign few people want or even care about.

Is that really true? I never even bother much with the multiplayer modes in CoD and only really play it for all the scripted craziness in the singleplayer campaigns as I've never been much into competitive gaming. I actually had a lot of fun with CoD1/2's singleplayer.

Why do people dislike the singleplayer modes that much? I didn't realize this was apparently a majority thing.

I dislike the extreme hand-holding linearity of the single player, and the lack of real interactivity. Case in point: final "boss" fight in MW2.

37. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November May 2, 2014, 14:29 Beamer

SpectralMeat wrote on May 2, 2014, 14:22:
Hump wrote on May 2, 2014, 14:17:
So what happened with Treyarch? Did they get absorbed into IW? or are they still around?
They are still around, they've made Black Ops 2 about a year and a half ago. I assume next year's CoD will be theirs.
Although their PC dev left them so I guess it will be some other group working on the PC port.

Yup. CoD is on a 3 year cycle now, with 3 dev houses, so hopefully that means the extra year will let them to innovate instead of iterate.

I mean, we'll see. I have little faith in IW now. I've actually never played a Treyarch CoD (even though I own BlOPS2), and who knows about these guys making this Halo prequel.

But an extra year can't hurt.

-------------

36. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November May 2, 2014, 14:22 SpectralMeat

Hump wrote on May 2, 2014, 14:17:
So what happened with Treyarch? Did they get absorbed into IW? or are they still around?
They are still around, they've made Black Ops 2 about a year and a half ago. I assume next year's CoD will be theirs.
Although their PC dev left them so I guess it will be some other group working on the PC port.

35. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November May 2, 2014, 14:18 Parias

34. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November May 2, 2014, 14:17 Hump

Beamer wrote on May 2, 2014, 13:02:
Hump wrote on May 2, 2014, 12:46:
SpectralMeat wrote on May 2, 2014, 12:30:
Hump wrote on May 2, 2014, 12:23:
isn't Sledgehammer the ones responsible for the last piece of shit "Ghosts"?
No that was Infinity Ward

wow, I'm pretty shocked that they've fallen that far from their heyday.

Their most experienced, and probably most creative, members all went to Respawn. They were gutted, and this is the result. It was less a product from an experienced devhouse and more a product from a startup.

With that out, they'll probably improve, much like Respawn probably will. Hopefully considerably, because Ghosts fixed a few problems while taking a giant step back on more important issues.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

33. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November May 2, 2014, 14:11 Creston

Necrophob wrote on May 2, 2014, 13:52:
I wonder when Activision realizes their market doesn't give a shit about single player, and they stop wasting time on the 4 hour cinematic mode (oh, you mean it's interactive?).

They'd have a much harder time justifying the $60 price tag if they only did MP, because then the "it's just the same as last year" argument can't be refuted just by pointing at the 5 hour SP campaign, as they always so happily do now.

And let's be honest, the SP campaign costs them probably 15-20 million bucks to make, so it's not that much money in the grand scheme of Call of Duty's revenue.

32. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November May 2, 2014, 13:58 SpectralMeat

Rattlehead wrote on May 2, 2014, 13:35:
Who keeps buying this shit?
It is easier to count who isn't!

31. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November May 2, 2014, 13:52 Necrophob

I wonder when Activision realizes their market doesn't give a shit about single player, and they stop wasting time on the 4 hour cinematic mode (oh, you mean it's interactive?).  

30. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November May 2, 2014, 13:41 HorrorScope

I have no clue how good this will be or not, but I have to agree with some of his speech there.  

29. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November May 2, 2014, 13:35 Rattlehead

Who keeps buying this shit?  

28. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November May 2, 2014, 13:02 Beamer

Hump wrote on May 2, 2014, 12:46:
SpectralMeat wrote on May 2, 2014, 12:30:
Hump wrote on May 2, 2014, 12:23:
isn't Sledgehammer the ones responsible for the last piece of shit "Ghosts"?
No that was Infinity Ward

wow, I'm pretty shocked that they've fallen that far from their heyday.

Their most experienced, and probably most creative, members all went to Respawn. They were gutted, and this is the result. It was less a product from an experienced devhouse and more a product from a startup.

With that out, they'll probably improve, much like Respawn probably will. Hopefully considerably, because Ghosts fixed a few problems while taking a giant step back on more important issues.

-------------

67 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo