Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November

A new trailer from Activision offers an official reveal for Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare following yesterday's tease and in advance of the promised full reveal on Sunday. This might actually be that reveal, though the Call of Duty website still has a countdown timer that will hit zero around 10:00 am EDT Sunday. Though they are just taking first wraps off the game, they are already offering a release date for the military shooter sequel, saying: "Power changes everything on November 4th, 2014." They also offer another hint about the game's futuristic setting, saying: "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare envisions battlegrounds of the future, where both technology and tactic have evolved to usher in a new era of combat for the franchise." As for the clip, it features an impressively rendered Kevin Spacey going off on a bit of an ominous rant about the benefits of a benevolent dictatorship.

View
67 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

67. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November May 3, 2014, 02:32 netnerd85

jdreyer wrote on May 2, 2014, 16:04:
This is a pretty cool trailer. I would say this is a major effort to iterate the franchise. It's definitely not just a cash grab. Both the engine upgrade and the gameplay changes introduced with all the futuristic technology have seen to that. The issues I will have as a PC gamer will be that of course it won't be moddable, and of course there won't be multiplayer with bots.
Ghosts has bots, I played the freeweekend thingyo. I was very suprised and could not even beat the bloddy things, most shameful I can tell you!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

66. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November May 2, 2014, 23:24 jdreyer

SpectralMeat wrote on May 2, 2014, 20:39:
Fantaz wrote on May 2, 2014, 20:34:
i like to rent or borrow these games to play just for the singleplayer campaign.
Wasn't the single player portion available on the free weekends?

Nope, only the MP. I tried a couple times to access it, but no dice.

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

65. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November May 2, 2014, 20:39 SpectralMeat

Fantaz wrote on May 2, 2014, 20:34:
i like to rent or borrow these games to play just for the singleplayer campaign.
Wasn't the single player portion available on the free weekends?

Steam: SpectralMeat

64. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November May 2, 2014, 20:34 Fantaz

Creston wrote on May 2, 2014, 14:55:
SpectralMeat wrote on May 2, 2014, 14:46:
Sadly Creston a lot of people doesn't care about that stuff. For one thing they buy these games for the MP. How else do you think Act. can make record profits on DLC map packs?
I personally have zero interest in SP when it comes to CoD. Same thing I can say about BF games.
What they should do is make the SP and MP 2 separate games and let people buy them separately. $39.99 for SP or MP only or $60 for both.

That's exactly what I said, actually.

I can't imagine that there are that many people who buy CoD for their SP campaigns, it's MP only, but if they go MP only then Activision has a hard time justifying a $60 price tag. And the campaign really doesn't cost that much to make. It's just a pure profit motivator, really.

i like to rent or borrow these games to play just for the singleplayer campaign. not a fan of CoD's multiplayer, and prefer CS and BF series instead for that.

63. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November May 2, 2014, 19:58 jdreyer

Hump wrote on May 2, 2014, 17:50:
As an aside, I hope Respawn Ent. made enough cash from Titanfall that they will be able to do a proper full AAA game with a good single player campaign in the near future.

those guys knew how to make a great gaming experience when they were at their peak.....

Ditto.

62. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November May 2, 2014, 17:50 Hump

As an aside, I hope Respawn Ent. made enough cash from Titanfall that they will be able to do a proper full AAA game with a good single player campaign in the near future.

those guys knew how to make a great gaming experience when they were at their peak.....

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

61. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November May 2, 2014, 17:50 jdreyer

Creston wrote on May 2, 2014, 17:06:
This is a pretty cool trailer. I would say this is a major effort to iterate the franchise. It's definitely not just a cash grab. Both the engine upgrade and the gameplay changes introduced with all the futuristic technology have seen to that.

You get all that from one 2 minute trailer? Their marketing department loves you.

Well, the engine is obviously upgraded. They've basically been using the same engine since 2007 or something.

The new tech that they are showing off in the game trailer are going to create new tactics and strategies. The exoskeleton will allow you speed, strength, and jumping capabilities that you haven't had before in the franchise. Ditto for the stealth. There was some future tech in BLOps2, but I don't think any of that stuff was in there. That being said all that looks like it was from the SP campaign. I'll be interesting to see what/how they put into the MP version.

60. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November May 2, 2014, 17:19 HorrorScope

Living in the area another thought that came immediately to mind was "Good thing those in Marin county have God's money so the can helicopter into San Fran as the Golden Gate is fucked!"  

59. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November May 2, 2014, 17:06 Creston

This is a pretty cool trailer. I would say this is a major effort to iterate the franchise. It's definitely not just a cash grab. Both the engine upgrade and the gameplay changes introduced with all the futuristic technology have seen to that.

You get all that from one 2 minute trailer? Their marketing department loves you.

58. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November May 2, 2014, 16:57 BobBob

Got milk?  
http://tinyurl.com/WeatherImmunity Whew

57. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November May 2, 2014, 16:47 BitWraith

This is a pretty cool trailer. I would say this is a major effort to iterate the franchise. It's definitely not just a cash grab. Both the engine upgrade and the gameplay changes introduced with all the futuristic technology have seen to that. The issues I will have as a PC gamer will be that of course it won't be moddable, and of course there won't be multiplayer with bots.

And it will have some weird stutter / lag issue.

Seriously, though, I'm looking forward to this. I always enjoy these games. They're easy, entertaining, and short.

56. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November May 2, 2014, 16:04 jdreyer

55. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November May 2, 2014, 15:54 eRe4s3r

Task wrote on May 2, 2014, 15:22:
eRe4s3r wrote on May 2, 2014, 14:56:
Pretty much same here Does nobody ever wonder why we don't have such charismatic speakers in the real world? Why nobody ever speaks the truth in politics anymore?

Its because Machiavellians, corruption, and "maintaining the status quo" always win the day. There is a historical precedent for it, over 5,000 years or more worth. That's the real world, usually people keep falling INTO or FOR it. A book, a video game, a show, a movie, are the stuff where people pretend of humans being better.

MLK appeared before the world and told of how our government lies and is the greatest purveyor of violence in the world, the cold hard truth. He got a bullet from the government for his efforts.

In that case the problem are the people that accept such Machiavellian ways in political environments...

What you describe is imo everything that's wrong with the western world. The status quo is not a vision for the future. Status quo inspires no one to strife for a better world.

And that's why nothing advances, why no politician in Germany has a vision for the future... makes me sad, no, angry.

54. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November May 2, 2014, 15:54 harlock

HorrorScope wrote on May 2, 2014, 15:48:
Also raise your hand... Who thought when they saw "The following was captured on a Xbox One" said to themselves "What I see next will be the worst it will look for next-gen and PC", lol.

XBONED

53. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November May 2, 2014, 15:51 SpectralMeat

HorrorScope wrote on May 2, 2014, 15:48:
Also raise your hand... Who thought when they saw "The following was captured on a Xbox One" said to themselves "What I see next will be the worst it will look for next-gen and PC", lol.
What I thought when I saw that was
Exclusive DLC release first on the Xbone
They have to please their target audience

Steam: SpectralMeat

52. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November May 2, 2014, 15:51 HorrorScope

Why nobody ever speaks the truth in politics anymore?

They'd all be self-incriminating. They know it, we know it. We truly have settled for what is being offered to us.

51. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November May 2, 2014, 15:48 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on May 2, 2014, 15:06:
Does nobody ever wonder why we don't have such charismatic speakers in the real world?

What? For all his faults, Obama is a terrific speaker.

I think what he meant was substance as well as delivery. Obama is more delivery than anything, which is better than what we had previous, that person had no business talking in public imo.

50. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November May 2, 2014, 15:45 PHJF

What, no laser rifles? Isn't the future supposed to be all pew pew pew???  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

49. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November May 2, 2014, 15:32 Task

Maybe we can have Kevin Spacey narrate Tangerine Bolen's message, eh? Better than any Call of Broduty power fantasy story ;).  

Playing: The Witcher 2, Dragon Age: Origins, FF8

48. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November May 2, 2014, 15:28 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on May 2, 2014, 15:06:
Does nobody ever wonder why we don't have such charismatic speakers in the real world?

What? For all his faults, Obama is a terrific speaker.

I'll give you that, but you ever heard a speech from Merkel or any of heir goonies in German Parliament? If you want sleeping pill replacements, you can listen to that garbage.

Merkel in particular can't hold a tone in a speech for longer than 3 seconds. And then of course, primary problem is nobody would ever tell you the truth about anything. Most speeches we Germans get to hear are absolute bullshit PR lies. Anything any politician ever said about Russia, USA and Ukraine for example... urgh.

You can't even imagine how good you have it to be lied to by someone who is at least charismatic about it!

And they wonder why nobody gives a damn about EU elections?

67 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo