Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

So Craig Ferguson will leave CBS’ The Late Late Show at the end of the year (thanks Ant). I'm usually not up to see it, but I've always liked Craig and his show, so I'm sorry he's going (I think I'm in a minority here). I guess him not ending up heir to Letterman played into this, so my idea for replacing him probably won't fly, but if it was up to me, I'd give his show to Geoff and Secretariat.

Late Night Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Steam King.
Another Planet.
3D Tow Truck Mania.
Link: NASA’s shuttle-carrying 747 makes final journey to museum.
Stories: $250K (illegal) police drone crashes into Lake Conroe. Thanks Slashdot.
Women in US who survive breast cancer and chemo 30% more likely to lose their jobs within 4 years.
Fox Cancels ‘Almost Human’. Fox's sci-fi shows come pre-cancelled.
Media: The Amazing Spider-Man - 8 Bit Cinema.
High School Summed Up In Six Seconds. NSFW. Thanks nin.
Living with Lag - An Oculus Rift experiment. Low ping (pong) bastards!
The Funnies: Deus Ex comic.
xkcd: Morse Code.
Why We Fall Cartoon - Savage Chickens.

View
34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

34. Re: Out of the Blue - Cancer May 1, 2014, 14:41 Steelcamp

Thanks Ya'll  
-------------------------------------------
3 billion+ men in the world and my sisters keep going back to the idiots...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

33. Re: Out of the Blue May 1, 2014, 08:45 nin

Fantaz wrote on May 1, 2014, 01:53:
i went out to the movies today (i go like maybe once or twice a year) to go see Captain America Winter Solider and it was really good! looks like they're going to do another one by how the way it ended.

eRe4s3r wrote on May 1, 2014, 01:23:
So what's the correct order to watch Almost Human then?

i don't think order really matters... it's one of those shows that seems like with every episode there's a new story. it's a pretty decent show.

I liked that one too. Guardians looks like it could be really fun as well...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

32. Re: Out of the Blue May 1, 2014, 01:53 Fantaz

i went out to the movies today (i go like maybe once or twice a year) to go see Captain America Winter Solider and it was really good! looks like they're going to do another one by how the way it ended.

eRe4s3r wrote on May 1, 2014, 01:23:

i don't think order really matters... it's one of those shows that seems like with every episode there's a new story. it's a pretty decent show.

31. Re: Out of the Blue May 1, 2014, 01:23 eRe4s3r

30. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 30, 2014, 23:00 Nathos

Showrunner: I'm over this dumb a** Fox, with all these fake a** ratings

Other TV Channel: Hey
Showrunner: Hey

Showrunner: F*'in TV execs

29. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 30, 2014, 21:43 Quboid

I only experience late night presenters from clips on YouTube but Craig Ferguson is the best general late night presenter, just ahead of Conan. I don't know how well these guys hold up on regular viewing.  

- Quboid

28. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 30, 2014, 21:35 Sepharo

Man you guys are making me think I need to watch Almost Human.
I'm a sucker for those dead sci-fi shows.

27. Re: Out of the Blue - Cancer Apr 30, 2014, 18:19 Creston

nin wrote on Apr 30, 2014, 13:45:
Steelcamp wrote on Apr 30, 2014, 13:37:
As a care taker of a breast cancer survivor I feel bad for the women that have to endure this and then get wammyed with loss of a job. Fortunately my wife has kept her employment and they were happy to have her back after being gone for a year.

Congrats to your wife, and you as well!

Seconded.

26. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 30, 2014, 18:02 Prez

FOX needs to stay out of the Sci-fi business. And the SyFy Channel needs to get back into it...  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

25. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 30, 2014, 15:48 DarkCntry

Those thinking that Almost Human was shown out-of-order are correct, like Firefly the Execs figured they knew better in how a show should be aired and decided to mix-and-match episode air dates.

Sad to say, like Firefly, it created a disjointed feeling which I am sure didn't help viewers keep up.

xXBatmanXx wrote on Apr 30, 2014, 12:57:
RIP Mario....I mean Bob Hoskins, 71.

Don't you mean Eddie Valiant? At least remember him for quality

24. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 30, 2014, 15:29 PHJF

Anyone else watch Penny Dreadful? Showtime went and plastered it all over the internet ahead of airing. It was... OK. Definitely doesn't look to be making up for the loss of Dexter, but at least the macabre Victorian setting is fresh enough for TV.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

23. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 30, 2014, 15:20 Veterator

Pisses me off about Almost Human...there are so many utterly shit shows that just go on and on and on. And while this wasn't the best sci-fi show ever, at least it was funny in a lot of it's material.

Although I can say when they started talking about "The Wall" I was getting rather irritated since all the information about it seemed to be delivered backwards in the way they aired the shows.

Can't help but think the audience that watches these sci-fi shows has gotten fed up with it and found other things to spend their time on.

22. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 30, 2014, 15:20 Shineyguy

Yosemite Sam wrote on Apr 30, 2014, 13:42:
I'm not much of a late night talk show person, but I've seen them all from time to time and Craig was the funniest of the bunch. Course I like that brit humor, guess it doesn't fly with most americans.

Except he's, you know, Scottish.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 30, 2014, 14:30 EvilGrouse

Ferguson. No one does what he does on a nightly basis. The show is basically controlled chaos, and, IMO, is hysterical. It's kind of like Pee Wee's Playhouse for adults. Though I never cared for the Pee Wee show.
Been watching him for years. The craziness will be missed.
Geoff, secretariat, The Shy Fellows, random phone calls, screaming rants at the audience, and the whole Scotish exageration stuff. Riot. DVR the show if you can't stay up. It's worth it.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 30, 2014, 14:11 Cutter

xXBatmanXx wrote on Apr 30, 2014, 12:57:

Aww, RIP Bob. He was always one my faves. The Long Good Friday is still the best Brtitish gangster flick ever made.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

19. Re: Out of the Blue - Cancer Apr 30, 2014, 13:45 nin

Steelcamp wrote on Apr 30, 2014, 13:37:
As a care taker of a breast cancer survivor I feel bad for the women that have to endure this and then get wammyed with loss of a job. Fortunately my wife has kept her employment and they were happy to have her back after being gone for a year.

Congrats to your wife, and you as well!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

18. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 30, 2014, 13:42 Yosemite Sam

I'm not much of a late night talk show person, but I've seen them all from time to time and Craig was the funniest of the bunch. Course I like that brit humor, guess it doesn't fly with most americans.  

PSN id PR345, PST - D3, GTA5, Borderlands 2, Grid 2, GTA4, BoS, RDR, GT5, COD WaW, KZ2, RAGE, Dirt2, MC LA, Skate2, LBP, Dead Nation - Wanna jam? Hit me up on PSN, Mention Blues News.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

17. Re: Out of the Blue - Cancer Apr 30, 2014, 13:37 Steelcamp

-------------------------------------------
3 billion+ men in the world and my sisters keep going back to the idiots...

16. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 30, 2014, 12:57 xXBatmanXx

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

15. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 30, 2014, 12:47 Verno

Speaking of Kings, another show I really enjoyed that got shitcanned despite being brilliant was Kings on NBC. If anyone hasn't seen that then now is the time, I'm sure its on Netflix or etc  

Playing: The Last of Us Remastered
Watching: Kitchen Nightmares, Coherence, The Rover

34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo