Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Wolfenstein Gameplay Trailer

A new trailer is now online for Wolfenstein: The New Order, showing off gameplay from the upcoming World War II shooter. The clip follows a "stealth versus mayhem" theme, as it shows two different approaches to a mission, one a Sam Fisher-style stealth approach, while the other a more genuine B.J. Blazkowicz approach with guns ablaze. Thanks DSOGaming.

View
36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

36. Re: Wolfenstein Gameplay Trailer Apr 30, 2014, 17:13 jdreyer

I keep seeing people complain about the graphics of this game. I think it looks great. Nothing to complain about here.  

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

35. Re: Wolfenstein Gameplay Trailer Apr 30, 2014, 13:42 SpectralMeat

I haven't see anything in this or any other trailers of this game that makes want to play it.
It just look generic and repetitive.
Got the " 'Murica fuck yeah" vibe

Steam: SpectralMeat

34. Re: Wolfenstein Gameplay Trailer Apr 30, 2014, 13:42 Creston

I will say this, however. If all the German-Remake songs that we keep hearing in the trailers are actually all in the game, this will have the Greatest Soundtrack Ever Made. I will absolutely buy a copy of the soundtrack.

33. Re: Wolfenstein Gameplay Trailer Apr 30, 2014, 13:37 Creston

Kajetan wrote on Apr 30, 2014, 08:28:
Ludomancer wrote on Apr 29, 2014, 19:47:
This is literally a game from 10 years ago
What wrong with all those good games from 10 years ago? I still play them.

They don't sell for 60 dollars anymore. This will. (or at least, will try to.)

32. Re: Wolfenstein Gameplay Trailer Apr 30, 2014, 11:42 Frags4Fun

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 29, 2014, 19:00:
It's not too difficult to get a feel for where the center of the screen is to be able to shoot without crosshairs, or some people even physically mark the center of any screen they use primarily for gaming with a Sharpie dot. But considering this appears to be the console version, I'd say it's just aim-assist. The kind where it will change the trajectory of your shot off of dead-center in order to hit the target you were "close enough" to aiming at.

I would recommend putting a piece of clear tape in the middle of your monitor and drawing a crosshair with a fine tip red Sharpie rather than actually marking the screen itself. I've been doing this for years due to Hardcore mode in the BF games not having a way to aim with grenade launchers. Works great for hip-fire as well. I usually pull up an ACOG scope and trace it out onto my piece of tape. It's cheezy, I know, but I'm getting old.

31. Re: Wolfenstein Gameplay Trailer Apr 30, 2014, 08:28 Kajetan

Ludomancer wrote on Apr 29, 2014, 19:47:
This is literally a game from 10 years ago
What wrong with all those good games from 10 years ago? I still play them.

30. Re: Wolfenstein Gameplay Trailer Apr 30, 2014, 07:23 Quboid

Jerykk wrote on Apr 29, 2014, 22:57:
The aiming looks suspiciously like auto-aim but I'll assume that's optional on the PC. I don't like how he snipes with a silenced pistol at the 2:00 mark, auto-aim auto-shmaim, a pistol couldn't hit the broad side of a barn at that range and a silenced one wouldn't penetrate wet bread.

If you're looking for realism in a Wolfenstein game, you may be barking up the wrong tree...

Next you'll be telling me that Hitler didn't really have chain gun arms. Come on!

- Quboid

29. Re: Wolfenstein Gameplay Trailer Apr 30, 2014, 04:24 theyarecomingforyou

Ha, I just read the Steam page. Apparently it will have a "deep game narrative" and be rendered in "stunning detail". Hilarious.  

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

28. Re: Wolfenstein Gameplay Trailer Apr 30, 2014, 04:21 theyarecomingforyou

ItBurn wrote on Apr 29, 2014, 22:58:
Is it really the Rage engine? If so, I'm scared, the textures in rage were horrrrrrible.
Yup, though it won't be using MegaTexture to the same extent. Even so, just look at the terrible texture quality and lighting in the trailer. As for the gameplay, it will probably be fun for about 30 minutes before the novelty wears off.

It certainly won't be worth picking up until a major Steam sale. It's hilarious that it has been priced as a AAA game.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

27. Re: Wolfenstein Gameplay Trailer Apr 30, 2014, 03:50 InBlack

This looks like every single generic shooter in the last 10 years or so. In a Nazi skin. Not that the Nazi skin is necessarily bad, but if its the ONLY thing you got, well that should be worrisome indeed.  

I have a nifty blue line!

26. Re: Wolfenstein Gameplay Trailer Apr 30, 2014, 03:36 Mordecai Walfish

This looks like it would be very boring in 'stealth mode'. Mayhem all the way! I couldn't imagine myself playing Wolfenstein any other way..  

25. Re: Wolfenstein Gameplay Trailer Apr 30, 2014, 02:02 saluk

I like them bringing back more of the stealth from the first game. Doesn't look spectacular, and I'm not really into straight fps anymore.  

24. Re: Wolfenstein Gameplay Trailer Apr 30, 2014, 00:54 jdreyer

Also, those watermelons 'sploded nicely. Rifle  

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

23. Re: Wolfenstein Gameplay Trailer Apr 29, 2014, 23:37 NKD

Might be worth a shot. Will wait and see as is my usual motto. Trailers don't really tell you much.  

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

22. Re: Wolfenstein Gameplay Trailer Apr 29, 2014, 23:26 Creston

siapnar wrote on Apr 29, 2014, 19:41:
nin wrote on Apr 29, 2014, 18:19:
I had zero interest in this when it was announced. But now, the more I see of it? I think it looks fun...

Same. I also think their marketing team is doing a fantastic job. Every trailer they've released since E3 last year is super badass

Beware of trailers. Beveryfuckingware of trailers...

21. Re: Wolfenstein Gameplay Trailer Apr 29, 2014, 23:20 Task

No thanks.

And wtf, were they AUTO-regenerating health? Fucks sake. Rest of the game is QTE's no doubt.

Playing: The Witcher 2, Dragon Age: Origins, FF8

20. Re: Wolfenstein Gameplay Trailer Apr 29, 2014, 23:15 PHJF

Not seeing any occult goings on in any of these trailers. Giant mechs, sure, but dark magic and Wolfenstein go hand in hand.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

19. Re: Wolfenstein Gameplay Trailer Apr 29, 2014, 22:58 ItBurn

I have no idea why, because the facts aren't that special, but I really want to play this...

Is it really the Rage engine? If so, I'm scared, the textures in rage were horrrrrrible.

18. Re: Wolfenstein Gameplay Trailer Apr 29, 2014, 22:57 Jerykk

The aiming looks suspiciously like auto-aim but I'll assume that's optional on the PC. I don't like how he snipes with a silenced pistol at the 2:00 mark, auto-aim auto-shmaim, a pistol couldn't hit the broad side of a barn at that range and a silenced one wouldn't penetrate wet bread.

If you're looking for realism in a Wolfenstein game, you may be barking up the wrong tree...

17. Re: Wolfenstein Gameplay Trailer Apr 29, 2014, 22:49 eRe4s3r

CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 29, 2014, 19:11:
nin wrote on Apr 29, 2014, 18:19:
I had zero interest in this when it was announced. But now, the more I see of it? I think it looks fun...

^ this... too bad the uncut and uncensored version is unavailable in my country (thanks a lot Steam region lock... NOT) so I'm gonna have to pirate this fucker!

Same problem.... video is region locked, game is region locked... so fuck em

36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo