Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

I'm guessing Hostess going bankrupt was not a publicity stunt but I can personally attest to the clever psychological influence of the ending and restarting production of Twinkies that this caused. This weekend I saw boxes of these had returned to the shelves in the supermarket, and because of all the hype, decided to pick up a box. Then I saw that they were also selling banana Twinkies, which actually sounded appealing, so I picked up a box of those too. This means I probably bought more Twinkies this weekend than I previously had in my entire life, as I've never been the biggest fan. That said, they didn't have nearly the uniform factory perfection I remember, as there was a noticeable settling of oil at the bottom that, while not necessarily desirable, at least seemed quite food-like. And yes, the banana variety was actually pretty darned good.

Cream-filled Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Cloud Wars - Sunny Day Extreme.
Steam King.
Links: Motorized Team Fortress Minigun Replica Is Every Cosplayer's Dream.
Story: What's In Store For "Archer" Next Season?
Science: Hugh Herr: The new bionics that let us run, climb and dance.
Move over exoplanets, exomoons may harbor life, too.
Got Gas? It Could Mean You've Got Healthy Gut Microbes. Thanks Boing Boing.
Images: Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill spotted in London. Thanks nin.
Media: Han ALWAYS Shoots First.
Jamie Foxx Sings Unsexy Words Sexily. Thanks nin.
TMNT theme sing-along. Thanks Samson.
Tony Hawk You're Not: Florida Dad Boots 6-Year-Old Down a Skateboard Ramp.

View
32 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

32. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 30, 2014, 17:16 jdreyer

1badmf wrote on Apr 30, 2014, 06:04:
it better not be of old age either. he better bite the dust at least attempting to shoot first even if his palsy prevents him from squeezing the trigger in time.

In a blaster duel with Greedo's son!!!

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

31. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 30, 2014, 17:15 jdreyer

1badmf wrote on Apr 30, 2014, 04:06:
well alec guinness is dead. billy dee williams isn't.

Heh, yeah, my poor attempt at a joke.

30. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 30, 2014, 08:51 nin

BitWraith wrote on Apr 30, 2014, 08:21:

Have you seen him recently? He's not far off...

Yeah, he looks pretty rough. Then again, so does Meyhew (I suspect that 20 pounds of makeup and fur are about the only reason he's back).

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

29. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 30, 2014, 08:21 BitWraith

Have you seen him recently? He's not far off...

28. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 30, 2014, 08:08 Mad Max RW

InBlack wrote on Apr 30, 2014, 07:37:
Mad Max RW wrote on Apr 30, 2014, 07:17:
InBlack wrote on Apr 30, 2014, 05:54:
Im willing to lay down hard cash that Ford buys the farm in the first movie.

Seems unlikely since they confirmed he lasts through the 2 followup movies. Unless they make him a Jedi (again extremely unlikely) he's not going to be a ghost.

Can you link where they confirmed that? They only info. Ive managed to find stated that he has top billing in the first movie, thats it.

It was mentioned as part of yesterday's cast reveal. Several websites said the same thing, here's a quote from Moviehole:

...Ford is of course reprising his role as cheeky smuggler Han Solo (who’ll apparently be a “gigantic” part of the first film and also around for the next two)...

27. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 30, 2014, 07:37 InBlack

Mad Max RW wrote on Apr 30, 2014, 07:17:

Seems unlikely since they confirmed he lasts through the 2 followup movies. Unless they make him a Jedi (again extremely unlikely) he's not going to be a ghost.

Can you link where they confirmed that? They only info. Ive managed to find stated that he has top billing in the first movie, thats it.

I have a nifty blue line!

26. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 30, 2014, 07:17 Mad Max RW

25. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 30, 2014, 06:04 1badmf

it better not be of old age either. he better bite the dust at least attempting to shoot first even if his palsy prevents him from squeezing the trigger in time.  

24. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 30, 2014, 05:54 InBlack

I have a nifty blue line!

23. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 30, 2014, 04:06 1badmf

22. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 29, 2014, 19:26 jdreyer

1badmf wrote on Apr 29, 2014, 18:22:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 29, 2014, 15:37:
BitWraith wrote on Apr 29, 2014, 13:55:
I dunno. 1-3 were pretty gawd-awful. Everyone on my Facebook feed are losing their crap over Harrison, Hamill and Fisher being in the new film. I know what they're visualizing, but that's not what they're going to get on film. These folks are old and way out of shape.

If it was my movie to make, I would do something completely different and recast everyone. I would pull a move like Abrams did with Star Trek and make my own movie. I know fans of the old series dislike the new Star Treks, but I really enjoy them on their own.

Yeah, that's my thought: no need to bring back the oldies, just make a new movie in that universe with new actors.

the future will always be, as will star wars, but we only have the original three for a short time. they NEED to be in a sendoff movie.

one glaring omission; no lando in the new cast!

Yeah! And no old Ben Kenobi either!

21. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 29, 2014, 18:22 1badmf

I dunno. 1-3 were pretty gawd-awful. Everyone on my Facebook feed are losing their crap over Harrison, Hamill and Fisher being in the new film. I know what they're visualizing, but that's not what they're going to get on film. These folks are old and way out of shape.

If it was my movie to make, I would do something completely different and recast everyone. I would pull a move like Abrams did with Star Trek and make my own movie. I know fans of the old series dislike the new Star Treks, but I really enjoy them on their own.

Yeah, that's my thought: no need to bring back the oldies, just make a new movie in that universe with new actors.

the future will always be, as will star wars, but we only have the original three for a short time. they NEED to be in a sendoff movie.

one glaring omission; no lando in the new cast!

20. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 29, 2014, 16:40 BitWraith

Pigeon wrote on Apr 29, 2014, 16:17:

Just wait till Han goes to make that crucial jump to light-speed when suddenly his back gives out and he can't pull the lever.

I can only hope they have more supporting roles rather than Star Wars: Grumpier Old Men Episode VII

You and me both.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 29, 2014, 16:17 Pigeon

Just wait till Han goes to make that crucial jump to light-speed when suddenly his back gives out and he can't pull the lever.

I can only hope they have more supporting roles rather than Star Wars: Grumpier Old Men Episode VII

18. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 29, 2014, 15:37 jdreyer

17. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 29, 2014, 15:35 jdreyer

Got Gas? It Could Mean You've Got Healthy Gut Microbes.

I must be VERY healthy, because according to my wife I'm single-handedly responsible for global warming.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 29, 2014, 13:55 BitWraith

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 29, 2014, 13:18:
BitWraith wrote on Apr 29, 2014, 11:27:
I just can't see this new Star Wars movie going the right way. And, this is coming from a guy who dresses like Star Wars characters in his free time.

What's the right way? ;p 1-3 or 4-6 ? ;p Do you honestly believe Disney can make Star Wars movies worse than 1-3 ?

15. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 29, 2014, 13:38 nin

Quboid wrote on Apr 29, 2014, 13:20:
nin wrote on Apr 29, 2014, 12:57:
<SWOON!>

Kind of wish my father was around to see this...he took me to all the original movies, and even bought me an AT-AT, as reward for not scratching my chicken pox...

That site's pretty hosed, here's the skinny:

Actors John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow will join the original stars of the saga, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker in the new film.

I've only heard of 2 of the new cast members.

Curious that Ford got first. Combined with Garth's rumor about Solo having a beefed up part...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

14. Archer Apr 29, 2014, 13:28 Creston

I liked Vice (though them bringing up Pam's coke addiction every 2.24 seconds got REALLY irritating), and I thought it was a bit of a cop-out to go the (spoiler) "Well, it was all a CIA deal, and we're back to being ISIS next year!" routine.

I applaud them for stepping out of their comfort zone, however.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 29, 2014, 13:20 Quboid

nin wrote on Apr 29, 2014, 12:57:
<SWOON!>

Kind of wish my father was around to see this...he took me to all the original movies, and even bought me an AT-AT, as reward for not scratching my chicken pox...

That site's pretty hosed, here's the skinny:

Actors John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow will join the original stars of the saga, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker in the new film.

I've only heard of 2 of the new cast members.

- Quboid

32 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo