Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

BlizzCon 2014 in November; Ticket Sales Next Month

Blizzard announces details about BlizzCon 2014, saying this year's installment in their annual gaming convention will take place on Friday, November 7th and Saturday November 8th at the Anaheim Convention Center in California. The bulk of the $199.00 tickets for the event will go out in two batches on May 7th and May 10th, while a consignment of tickets to the exclusive pre-BlizzCon dinner will go on sale for $750.00 each on May 14th to benefit charity. "BlizzCon is always the biggest highlight of the year for us," said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. "With Hearthstone and Reaper of Souls recently launched and Heroes of the Storm and Warlords of Draenor gearing up for beta, 2014 is already shaping up to be an epic year for Blizzard gamers. We can’t wait to celebrate and share what we’ve been working on with everyone this November." Here's more on the planned festivities:

• Hands-on play time with the latest versions of Blizzard Entertainment games
  • Global finals for Blizzard eSports, including the StarCraft® II World Championship Series Global Finals
  • In-depth discussion panels with Blizzard game developers and artists
  • Competitive and casual tournaments for players to showcase their talents
  • Community contests with great prizes
  • Commemorative merchandise based on Blizzard Entertainment’s game universes
  • More activities and attractions to be announced

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: BlizzCon 2014 in November; Ticket Sales Next Month Apr 26, 2014, 21:41 Ant

I live about an hour away, but that's too expensive. I don't want to be there the whole time either. However, E3. I can go for free (related to my work!) and am trying to go there for my first time ever in my life this year even though I don't game much these days. I couldn't go last year even though I got in.  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: BlizzCon 2014 in November; Ticket Sales Next Month Apr 24, 2014, 13:01 Mr. Tact

As I've said in the past, if I could easily drive there or lived in the area, I'd probably go every couple of years. But not worth the flight...  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

9. Re: BlizzCon 2014 in November; Ticket Sales Next Month Apr 23, 2014, 13:25 Verno

BlizzCon is actually pretty fun, I've been to 2 and its got a great atmosphere. You meet a lot of cool people, my GF was a little intimidated at first since she figured it would be a bunch of manbabies but surprisingly enjoyed it, we met several couples through it and made some friends.  

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown

8. Re: BlizzCon 2014 in November; Ticket Sales Next Month Apr 23, 2014, 10:27 nin

Jivaro wrote on Apr 23, 2014, 09:57:
BlizzCon is the kind of event I could easily see dropping the money for once. 200 bucks is not that big a deal considering everything that goes on at a BlizzCon.

I am too old to consider it an annual pilgrimage though. One year would be good.

Totally agree. I'd love to see it once...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

7. Re: BlizzCon 2014 in November; Ticket Sales Next Month Apr 23, 2014, 09:57 Jivaro

BlizzCon is the kind of event I could easily see dropping the money for once. 200 bucks is not that big a deal considering everything that goes on at a BlizzCon.

I am too old to consider it an annual pilgrimage though. One year would be good.

6. Re: BlizzCon 2014 in November; Ticket Sales Next Month Apr 23, 2014, 09:12 BitWraith

Cutter wrote on Apr 22, 2014, 19:45:
The only thing that boggles my mind more than people wanting to go to this is paying that sort of money for it. Boggles. The. Mind.

If that price is all inclusive for the event, then it's not bad. Dragon*Con tickets at a hundred bucks, and that just gets you in the door. We go there every year for the last ten years. They nickel and dime the hell out of you after that. I spend a thousand bucks down there easily.

5. Re: BlizzCon 2014 in November; Ticket Sales Next Month Apr 23, 2014, 03:56 InBlack

Cutter wrote on Apr 22, 2014, 19:45:
The only thing that boggles my mind more than people wanting to go to this is paying that sort of money for it. Boggles. The. Mind.

Yeah same here. Whats even worse is that whenever I visit the bnet forums I keep wanting to vomit from the absolute despicability of most of the people who post there. Its absolutely impossible to post anything of any intelligent meaning there without getting completely trolled and pissed on at every turn of phrase. Getting to meet some of those people in real life?? for 750$? Not even if Jesus came down from Heaven and asked me nicely, thank you very much...

I have a nifty blue line!

4. Re: BlizzCon 2014 in November; Ticket Sales Next Month Apr 22, 2014, 20:32 ColoradoHoudini

/derailment for a second because i dont see a thread about this--

If people here are looking for the next big MMO and a VERY well-built one at that, Wildstar is opening up the beta to ANYONE that signs up for a beta account.
This weekend, they are opening the beta again (back to back beta weekends).. get in for free.. try it.

I think any of you that enjoy MMOs will absolutely LOVE everything this game has to offer.

3. Re: BlizzCon 2014 in November; Ticket Sales Next Month Apr 22, 2014, 20:15 jacobvandy

It's the VIP club for nerds... I don't get it, either.  

2. Re: BlizzCon 2014 in November; Ticket Sales Next Month Apr 22, 2014, 19:56 deqer

That pricing just makes me want to dislike Blizzard. That may be an invalid reason for disliking a company, but sorry, I just can't help but find myself thinking "wtf? Blizzard, you're weird..."  

1. Re: BlizzCon 2014 in November; Ticket Sales Next Month Apr 22, 2014, 19:45 Cutter

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo