Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Alien: Isolation Trailer

GameSpot offers a new narrated trailer showing off the "Lo-fi Sci-fi" Alien: Isolation, Creative Assembly's upcoming game installment in the Alien/Aliens series. Word simply is: "The Alien: Isolation team discuss staying true to the original film in this exclusive insider video from Creative Assembly," and the video kicks off by warning "this trailer uses pre-alpha footage, and represents a work in progress." The clip explains the development team's efforts at creating a setting that matches the feel of the original film, with a very analog/mechanical approach to technology.

View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. Re: Alien: Isolation Trailer Apr 18, 2014, 06:13 InBlack

Darks wrote on Apr 17, 2014, 11:10:
I get what they are trying to do, but letís be realistic first of all. CRT was a way of life when those movies were made. No one had any clue or idea about flat panels or touch screens. This is the same thing that happened with Star Wars and the old Innovated technology when Lucas brought Star Wars up-to-date with the newer looking tech.

I personal feel these guys went in the wrong direction with this on the tech screens. This move takes place a few hundred years into the future. Just imagine what Tech will be like then.

It certainly isnít going to be some crappy ass CRT screens.

CRTs and old-school Tube Electronics are much more resistant to hard radiation compared to transistor based electronics. Fact. Space is full of hard radiation whether stellar or cosmic. Fact.

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: Alien: Isolation Trailer Apr 18, 2014, 01:17 Jerykk

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 17, 2014, 14:13:
Remember Aliens Colonial Marines..... and what bullshit and lies were spread before that released....

Gonna be a let's play material for me, and if it's only 3 hours... well then the let's play was at least worth my time Though thankfully, not my money

Different developers. Granted, Creative Assembly hasn't made any good non-strategy games but I think this looks pretty promising. It's also exploring a part of the franchise that no other Alien game has explored. I always thought that a survival horror game inspired by the original film would be a no-brainer. We'll see how it turns out.

19. Re: Alien: Isolation Trailer Apr 17, 2014, 22:46 SlimRam

"Get away from that CRT monitor with that large magnet, YOU BITCH!!!"  

I'm bringing Sexy Back

Luckily, I kept the receipt

18. Re: Alien: Isolation Trailer Apr 17, 2014, 17:57 Overon

Anything is better than the last aliens game. Or rather we should not believe tech demos. We should wait for the release. Otherwise we risk the infamous graphics downgrade.  

17. Re: Alien: Isolation Trailer Apr 17, 2014, 15:21 Parias

Remember Aliens Colonial Marines..... and what bullshit and lies were spread before that released....

Yes. I also remember earlier games like the Alien vs Predator series, which were quite awesome.

I'm not going to write off an entire enjoyable franchise just because of one bad game from an isolated developer.

16. Re: Alien: Isolation Trailer Apr 17, 2014, 14:36 gilly775

Gonna be a let's play material for me, and if it's only 3 hours... well then the let's play was at least worth my time Though thankfully, not my money

Yeah, but that was a different studio, right? Also, this one has been worked on longer than the other so at least it seems they are getting it right.

Remember AvP or Alien on the C-64? I have faith that this one will do the series justice.

15. Re: Alien: Isolation Trailer Apr 17, 2014, 14:13 eRe4s3r

14. Re: Alien: Isolation Trailer Apr 17, 2014, 13:42 Wildone

We cant possibly imagine that without going into everyone plugged in via their brains, which is cool..but not visually interesting.

I get what they are trying to do, but letís be realistic first of all. CRT was a way of life when those movies were made. No one had any clue or idea about flat panels or touch screens. This is the same thing that happened with Star Wars and the old Innovated technology when Lucas brought Star Wars up-to-date with the newer looking tech.

I personal feel these guys went in the wrong direction with this on the tech screens. This move takes place a few hundred years into the future. Just imagine what Tech will be like then.

13. Re: Alien: Isolation Trailer Apr 17, 2014, 13:05 verybad1

Eirikrautha wrote on Apr 17, 2014, 11:43:

Please. Based on today's kids, it's more likely to be two hairless apes banging stones together...
*social computing*

Is it wrong that I root for the cars when I see some idiot crossing the street against the light while looking at their cell phone?

12. Re: Alien: Isolation Trailer Apr 17, 2014, 12:36 Phasenoise

I realized while watching this just how skeptical and gunshy of being hopeful I've become over some franchises. I keep waiting for the big gameplay trailer with annoying dubstep, HEADSHOT +40 XP messages, and flamethrower DLC.

Certainly seems like it has a chance of not being a steaming pile. Hope they pull it off.

11. Re: Alien: Isolation Trailer Apr 17, 2014, 12:34 Mad Max RW

El Pit wrote on Apr 17, 2014, 11:35:
Mad Max RW wrote on Apr 17, 2014, 11:16:
If you're into the Alien Expanded Universe crap (comics, novels, etc.) they kind of explain away the low-tech with stories of a past technological wipe from some galaxy wide killer computer virus or whatever the hell it was. Most of humanity's advanced technology and history was lost.

SKYNET?

Next: Aliens vs. Terminators

It was already done in Aliens versus Predator versus The Terminator. The story concluded with Ripley 8 (the clone from Alien Resurrection) dying once and for all.

10. Re: Alien: Isolation Trailer Apr 17, 2014, 11:55 Parias

Great trailer - this definitely ramped up interest for me. Looking forward to seeing how this turns out.  

9. Re: Alien: Isolation Trailer Apr 17, 2014, 11:43 Eirikrautha

Please. Based on today's kids, it's more likely to be two hairless apes banging stones together...

8. Re: Alien: Isolation Trailer Apr 17, 2014, 11:35 El Pit

Mad Max RW wrote on Apr 17, 2014, 11:16:
If you're into the Alien Expanded Universe crap (comics, novels, etc.) they kind of explain away the low-tech with stories of a past technological wipe from some galaxy wide killer computer virus or whatever the hell it was. Most of humanity's advanced technology and history was lost.

SKYNET?

Next: Aliens vs. Terminators

Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

7. Re: Alien: Isolation Trailer Apr 17, 2014, 11:31 The Half Elf

Cutter wrote on Apr 17, 2014, 09:39:
Excellent trailer. That just ratcheted up my interest several notches.

Ditto.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

6. Re: Alien: Isolation Trailer Apr 17, 2014, 11:16 Mad Max RW

5. Re: Alien: Isolation Trailer Apr 17, 2014, 11:10 Darks

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

4. Re: Alien: Isolation Trailer Apr 17, 2014, 10:52 Mad Max RW

It worries me they still label everything as "pre-alpha" when the release date is supposedly October 7. In addition, all of the footage so far is from the same staged B-roll stuff they've been showing since the game was announced.  

3. Re: Alien: Isolation Trailer Apr 17, 2014, 10:10 InBlack

Yeah looks great. Still one major thing is nagging me. Where is the game in here? Trying to survive against an Alien on a giant spaceship sounds like scary fun. Once or twice. If its a 3 hour survival horror game that costs 60$ and has no replay value....Dunno. Im going to wait for reviews, which is the smart thing to do anyway.  

I have a nifty blue line!

2. Re: Alien: Isolation Trailer Apr 17, 2014, 09:47 Wallshadows

I really like their approach of being able to recapture the atmosphere of the film by destroying their equipment rather than using shitty grain effects.

I've been cautiously optimistic about this game for some time, although I don't know how I feel about playing as Ripley's daughter, but this snippet makes me pretty excited to see what CA can do to bring some integrity back to the Alien universe.

Also, I wonder if it will have Oculus Rift support?

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo