Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

37% of Steam Games Never Loaded by Owners

Ars Technica introduces Steam Gauge, where they go all grognard on the topic of game sales on Valve's service based on publically available data. It's very lengthy and detailed, and draws some interesting conclusions about the most owned games on the service (Dota 2 is number one), most played games on Steam (ditto), and more. Perhaps the most interesting statistic they present is "that about 37 percent of the roughly 781 million games registered to various Steam accounts havenít even been loaded a single time.

View
67 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

7. Re: 37% of Steam Games Never Loaded by Owners Apr 16, 2014, 09:09 Strango

This is true for me mainly because of the indie bundles where I buy a bundle for 1 or 2 games that I want and left with 3 or 4 that I'm not interested in.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: 37% of Steam Games Never Loaded by Owners Apr 16, 2014, 09:06 Malachii

These are games, not "needs" lol. I am guilty myself of many unplayed titles because of humble bundles and other bundle deals. I redeem the keys "just in case" but for the most part, have no intention of playing several of the titles.  

5. Re: 37% of Steam Games Never Loaded by Owners Apr 16, 2014, 08:57 Xero

Yes, I do believe this fact to be true as my friend is guilty of this. He shows me his Steam games list and it's like 300 games with probably 200 not even played yet. He just sees a deal and clicks purchase not giving a f*ck about his own cash and whether he really needs the game or not.
Pretty sad society we live in where people live on impulse first before making actual thought out decisions.

Currently playing: Skyrim

4. Re: 37% of Steam Games Never Loaded by Owners Apr 16, 2014, 08:53 djinn

InBlack wrote on Apr 16, 2014, 08:41:
Yes the majority of people are beyond retarded. Not exactly breaking news but still, an interesting confirmation that PC gamers are no exception to the rule.

Endless sales + impulse buying + no time to play them all.

[edit] Looked at the actual stats graph. Didn't a lot of these games come with bundles like Orange Box etc? You buy the bundle for the good stuff and end up getting a lot of stuff you don't need or want.

3. Re: 37% of Steam Games Never Loaded by Owners Apr 16, 2014, 08:43 nin

Not to worry - this years goal is to hit 39%!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

2. Re: 37% of Steam Games Never Loaded by Owners Apr 16, 2014, 08:41 InBlack

Yes the majority of people are beyond retarded. Not exactly breaking news but still, an interesting confirmation that PC gamers are no exception to the rule.  

I have a nifty blue line!

1. Re: 37% of Steam Games Never Loaded by Owners Apr 16, 2014, 08:25 SpectralMeat

So more people owns Ricochet than Skyrim?
WTF?!

Steam: SpectralMeat

67 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo