Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Homeworld Remastered CE Includes Light-up Ship

Polygon has images and details for a 12" spaceship model to be included in the collector's edition of Homeworld Remastered, Gearbox's upcoming space strategy reboot. They say Gearbox's Steve Gibson told PAX attendees that they are spending "an irresponsible amount" on the limited edition ship, and they hope to break even on the LED-powered, light-up bonus.

View
28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

8. Re: Homeworld Remastered Includes Light-up Ship Apr 13, 2014, 17:29 Cutter

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 13, 2014, 16:16:
They didn't have to re-release the classics, you know... If it weren't Gearbox, you'd have a mobile remake instead (these guys were bidding on the IP, also). I doubt they're overly concerned with throwing money at the remastering when they could be putting that into the inevitable sequel.

Do it right, or don't do it at all.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 13, 2014, 17:03 Mashiki Amiketo

DangerDog wrote on Apr 13, 2014, 14:03:
I just want the game for like $20 or so.
That's reasonable in my book. But I'm guessing they'll go ape shit and charge like $40 for it, I'm just glad I've got my originals still.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

6. Re: Homeworld Remastered Includes Light-up Ship Apr 13, 2014, 16:16 jacobvandy

They didn't have to re-release the classics, you know... If it weren't Gearbox, you'd have a mobile remake instead (these guys were bidding on the IP, also). I doubt they're overly concerned with throwing money at the remastering when they could be putting that into the inevitable sequel.  

5. Re: Homeworld Remastered Includes Light-up Ship Apr 13, 2014, 14:38 Beelzebud

Call me crazy but I'd rather them put that "an irresponsible amount" of money into the damned game, and not some trinket.  

4. Re: Homeworld Remastered Includes Light-up Ship Apr 13, 2014, 14:08 jdreyer

That spaceship model looks COOL. Were I not on a budget, I'd get one.

Am looking forward to playing the remastered game. Even at the time, the graphics were pretty pixelicious, even if the game play was sublime.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

3. Re: Homeworld Remastered Includes Light-up Ship Apr 13, 2014, 14:03 DangerDog

I just want the game for like $20 or so.  

2. Re: Homeworld Remastered Includes Light-up Ship Apr 13, 2014, 13:05 The Half Elf

As cool as it is, how much is the remastered game going to cost? If they are expecting me to pay 50-60 bucks they are out of their minds.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

1. Re: Homeworld Remastered Includes Light-up Ship Apr 13, 2014, 12:17 Fantaz

looks cool, but if it's $100+ and costs 10 times it's worth than that's not cool only greedy. they'll just touch up the textures, apply tessellation, release the game and funnel that money to fund their next Borderlands game.  

28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo