Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Homeworld Remastered CE Includes Light-up Ship

Polygon has images and details for a 12" spaceship model to be included in the collector's edition of Homeworld Remastered, Gearbox's upcoming space strategy reboot. They say Gearbox's Steve Gibson told PAX attendees that they are spending "an irresponsible amount" on the limited edition ship, and they hope to break even on the LED-powered, light-up bonus.

View
28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

28. Re: Homeworld Remastered Includes Light-up Ship Apr 15, 2014, 08:53 SpectralMeat

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

27. Re: Homeworld Remastered Includes Light-up Ship Apr 15, 2014, 08:50 nin

Darks wrote on Apr 15, 2014, 08:28:
Beamer wrote on Apr 14, 2014, 10:29:
Darks wrote on Apr 14, 2014, 10:03:
TangledThorns wrote on Apr 13, 2014, 17:49:
Looks like my wife's vibrator.

I guess you failed your wife if she needs one of those.

really?
is this an opinion people that have actually dated women and have a healthy opinion on sexuality have?

No, thatís a fact. I have never, ever had a woman who needed one and felt she needed to be pleased with one. Wife included. If you have a woman who needs to be pleased with one, then you are doing something wrong.

Or you have a woman too embarrassed to tell you.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

26. Re: Homeworld Remastered Includes Light-up Ship Apr 15, 2014, 08:28 Darks

Beamer wrote on Apr 14, 2014, 10:29:

really?
is this an opinion people that have actually dated women and have a healthy opinion on sexuality have?

No, thatís a fact. I have never, ever had a woman who needed one and felt she needed to be pleased with one. Wife included. If you have a woman who needs to be pleased with one, then you are doing something wrong.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

25. Re: Homeworld Remastered Includes Light-up Ship Apr 15, 2014, 08:21 Mad Max RW

Do these video game "Collector's Editions" do anything other than depreciate in value? I always find them hugely discounted on Amazon for months and years after launch. Meanwhile hard to find games in mint condition (you know, actually collectable) like Blade Runner start at around $100.  

24. Re: Homeworld Remastered Includes Light-up Ship Apr 15, 2014, 04:56 InBlack

jdreyer wrote on Apr 14, 2014, 14:34:
InBlack wrote on Apr 14, 2014, 04:04:
jacobvandy wrote on Apr 13, 2014, 16:16:
They didn't have to re-release the classics, you know... If it weren't Gearbox, you'd have a mobile remake instead (these guys were bidding on the IP, also). I doubt they're overly concerned with throwing money at the remastering when they could be putting that into the inevitable sequel.

Hang on a sec are you telling me Gearbox is also working on a sequel to Homerworld 1/2?? Fucking hell, that is not good news...

I know, right? Borderlands series TOTALLY sucked.

How many beloved franchises has Gearbox ruined?? Borderlands is their own IP, and there is always an exception to the rule

I have a nifty blue line!

23. Re: Homeworld Remastered Includes Light-up Ship Apr 14, 2014, 14:34 jdreyer

They didn't have to re-release the classics, you know... If it weren't Gearbox, you'd have a mobile remake instead (these guys were bidding on the IP, also). I doubt they're overly concerned with throwing money at the remastering when they could be putting that into the inevitable sequel.

Hang on a sec are you telling me Gearbox is also working on a sequel to Homerworld 1/2?? Fucking hell, that is not good news...

I know, right? Borderlands series TOTALLY sucked.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

22. Re: Homeworld Remastered Includes Light-up Ship Apr 14, 2014, 11:05 Orogogus

Dmitri_M wrote on Apr 14, 2014, 09:39:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 13, 2014, 23:28:
Dmitri_M wrote on Apr 13, 2014, 21:06:
I don't want the game because I already paid for it over 10 years ago.

So, play the old one. No one is forcing you to buy this.

No one is forcing you to defend a re-release of an old game as being a legitimate purchase

No, but seriously, the attitude that companies should cater to me and no one else is pretty old. Not everyone has played Homeworld, and besides when a new game gets made in an old franchise (Thief, X-COM, Deus Ex) there are always a ton of fanboys who say that the only thing they want is the old game with updated graphics. There are a ton of games I don't want to buy, but it doesn't need a special snowflake post every time.

21. Re: Homeworld Remastered Includes Light-up Ship Apr 14, 2014, 10:29 Beamer

really?

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

20. Re: Homeworld Remastered Includes Light-up Ship Apr 14, 2014, 10:03 Darks

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

19. Re: Homeworld Remastered Includes Light-up Ship Apr 14, 2014, 09:39 Dmitri_M

jdreyer wrote on Apr 13, 2014, 23:28:

No one is forcing you to defend a re-release of an old game as being a legitimate purchase

18. Re: Homeworld Remastered Includes Light-up Ship Apr 14, 2014, 08:33 nin

A year ago...(although I admit it doesn't feel like it's been that long.)

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

17. Re: Homeworld Remastered Includes Light-up Ship Apr 14, 2014, 07:47 MoreLuckThanSkill

I have no interest in buying the CE, but I will definitely take a look at the bare bones remastered Homeworld versions. Hopefully Gearbox doesn't get too greedy with their pricing, and/or these become Steam sale material.

Homeworld is probably one of my favorite games, all time. Homeworld 2 never really ran correctly on any system I had at the time, never got around to finishing it. The last time I tried to install HW2(in Win XP?) it failed to run as well, so at the very least it'll be nice to have usable copies.

16. Re: Homeworld Remastered Includes Light-up Ship Apr 14, 2014, 04:04 InBlack

I have a nifty blue line!

15. Re: Homeworld Remastered Includes Light-up Ship Apr 14, 2014, 01:34 Cutter

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 13, 2014, 21:21:
does it light up in the dark?

That reminds me of that line...I don't wear glow-in-the-dark condoms because it ain't hard to see.

Hiiiii-o!
Pimp

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

14. Re: Homeworld Remastered Includes Light-up Ship Apr 13, 2014, 23:28 jdreyer

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

13. Re: Homeworld Remastered Includes Light-up Ship Apr 13, 2014, 21:21 SpectralMeat

does it light up in the dark?

Steam: SpectralMeat

12. Re: Homeworld Remastered Includes Light-up Ship Apr 13, 2014, 21:06 Dmitri_M

11. Re: Homeworld Remastered Includes Light-up Ship Apr 13, 2014, 20:53 verybad1

So your wife REALLY likes scifi ehh.

10. Re: Homeworld Remastered Includes Light-up Ship Apr 13, 2014, 20:52 verybad1

It's not the remasetered game I'm looking forward to, it's the mods (complex was damn good) that are made on it. If for some reason Gearbox makes it unmoddable (eg online DRM) then I will NEVER, NEVER ever buy a single product from them again.

9. Re: Homeworld Remastered Includes Light-up Ship Apr 13, 2014, 17:49 TangledThorns

28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo