Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

The Crew This Fall

Ubisoft announces The Crew will be released this fall for Windows, Xbox One, and PS4, offering what they call a "revolutionary" action-driving game set in a massive, open-world recreation of the United States. They celebrate the news with a new gameplay trailer they describe like so: "The Crew’s premiere gameplay trailer, released today, shows four cars, each in a different iconic region of the United States, forming a crew to continue their journey together across the living, breathing open-world." There are more details on The Crew website.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: The Crew This Fall Apr 9, 2014, 14:05 nin

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 13:13:
nin wrote on Apr 8, 2014, 20:41:
Microtransactions + dropping you to the title screen when you lose internet connectivity = fuck you fuck you fuck you

Welcome to the next gen brah!

Yeah, never so quickly has my interest cooled in a game...well, there was also titanfall, which looked awesome, but has no SP. That was disappointing, too.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: The Crew This Fall Apr 9, 2014, 13:13 SpectralMeat

Microtransactions + dropping you to the title screen when you lose internet connectivity = fuck you fuck you fuck you

Welcome to the next gen brah!

Steam: SpectralMeat

7. Re: The Crew This Fall Apr 9, 2014, 09:26 HardCore74

Little to no damage modelling and no cockpit view, but they do have this revolutionary new concept of being able to race online with other people! WOOO! Also, pass.  

6. Re: The Crew This Fall Apr 9, 2014, 01:54 Creston

Well, that's one game I don't have to buy this year.

On a side note, one thing I always found funny is how it's this "recreation of the United States", and yet there's somehow a massive mountain range basically smack in the middle of North Dakota. o_O

5. Re: The Crew This Fall Apr 9, 2014, 00:47 Slick

sooo let me get this straight, when your internet dies, you cease to be able to play a multiplayer game. check. unless you'd really consider buying something like this for singleplayer, then yeah, that sucks. there are better SP racers out there. i've only ever been interested in the MP. so if my internet dies, then i wouldn't be playing it anyways. if their servers die and i can't play however, that is a TOTALLY different story, and one that would have anyone appalled.

and then they offer shortcut routes for people who want to get quick short-cuts to unlock car parts instead of grinding them. how would that affect anyone progressing normally? unless it's a game-breaking unlock that turns your car into a DeLorean which can just skip backwards in time so they've finished the race before it's begun, i don't see how it would impact my experience playing the game normally. unless my entire premise for playing the game was to be the first to get all the unlocks personally, and my day would be ruined by seeing any other player with said unlocks that isn't me.

You've been slicked. Wash up. -nin

4. Re: The Crew This Fall Apr 8, 2014, 22:04 Dagnamit

wow. interest gone.

2. Re: The Crew This Fall Apr 8, 2014, 19:40 Agent.X7

The game that was so good, they delayed it most of a year! (Because nothing really made it stand out from the 6 other race games that were supposed to be released at the same time.)  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

1. Re: The Crew This Fall Apr 8, 2014, 18:43 Cutter

Concept is good. Always wanted to do a Gumball Rally game. However, this looks pure arcade and probably rife with microtransactions and P2W shite.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo