Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

On Sale

• The Amazing Spider-Man on Steam. Save 66%.
  • Avoid - Sensory Overload on Steam. Save 15%.
  • Dark Lore Mysteries: The Hunt For Truth on Steam. Save 15%.
  • Feral Games Bundle for Mac on Macgamestore.com.
  • PC and Android 9 on Humble Bundle.
  • Titanfall on Best Buy. Save 25%. Thanks Dealzon.
  • Voodoo Whisperer Curse of a Legend on Steam. Save 15%.
  • The Wolf Among Us on Steam. Save 40%.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: On Sale Apr 9, 2014, 16:27 Prez

The length of time between episodes is why I hate episodic gaming. If I buy Wolf before the season is completed I will not play it until the enitr story arc is finished. I understand the reason it takes so long, as game development is different than producing a TV serial in many many ways, but regardless the wait in between is what turned me off from episodic gaming.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: On Sale Apr 9, 2014, 09:18 Quboid

Jerykk wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 04:39:
Each episode is between 1-2 hours long. Assuming the next two episodes maintain that trend, the total hours will end up being between 6-8 for most people and that's if you don't bother replaying anything. For $15, that's a pretty good deal these days, even if you choose to wait until all the episodes are out before starting.

You act like they're just half-assing the series but from what I've played thus far, that certainly isn't the case. I'm already enjoying it more than both seasons of TWD.

I don't have any problem with the quality. The length of each episode is a bit disappointing but not too bad and I'd rather they made good short episodes than dull long ones with filler.

The problem is the time between episodes. A new episode isn't a sequel, it's a continuation of the same story and it is frustrating to have to leave an interesting story for months at a time.

I presume Ep3 starts off seconds after Ep2's cliff-hanger and I expect the game will treat this like it's a matter of seconds later. But for me, it's been 6 weeks. I don't remember the exact choices I made or who I suspected of what. I don't remember the precise nature of my relationship with the various good-for-nothings. It's not going to feel quite the same like TV episodes a week apart do and I'm going to spend the first half hour (which will be a significant portion of the episode) trying to remember if I liked the person I'm talking to - and then go through it all again in a few months when Ep4 is out.

The game isn't half assed but the management is: they seemingly allocated the other half of their ass to work on TWD2. I have no particularly objection to the price but it's always nice to save a few bucks.

- Quboid

8. Re: On Sale Apr 9, 2014, 04:39 Jerykk

Each episode is between 1-2 hours long. Assuming the next two episodes maintain that trend, the total hours will end up being between 6-8 for most people and that's if you don't bother replaying anything. For $15, that's a pretty good deal these days, even if you choose to wait until all the episodes are out before starting.

You act like they're just half-assing the series but from what I've played thus far, that certainly isn't the case. I'm already enjoying it more than both seasons of TWD.

7. Re: On Sale Apr 9, 2014, 02:26 Cutter

Because they keep delaying it for all their other projects and it's short, like stupidly short. I think the last EP was an hour, maybe. Yes, what's there is good - particularly if you're a fan of the series - but the way TT has handled it and how short it is so far is a real pisser. Whatever, it's your money. We're just trying to warn people.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

6. Re: On Sale Apr 9, 2014, 00:33 Domgrief

Jerykk wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 00:04:
Cutter wrote on Apr 8, 2014, 19:43:
Exactly right. Wait for the bargain bin. And do not buy TT games before they're finished.

I don't really understand this logic. If you think it's a very good game, why wait until it hits the bargain bin?

I think it's less about the bargain bin (though I'm sure all of us enjoy a good discount), and more about maximising enjoyment.

I certainly enjoy binging on a season of TV more than I enjoy waiting 4 weeks between instalments during the middle of a normal TV season. The same is true for games, and TT are at a point where they sometimes take months between releases. That's long enough to forget the plot.

5. Re: On Sale Apr 9, 2014, 00:04 Jerykk

Cutter wrote on Apr 8, 2014, 19:43:
Quboid wrote on Apr 8, 2014, 19:39:
Prez wrote on Apr 8, 2014, 19:30:
And the series is $15! Hmmm...

I'd wait. It will probably be heavily discounted when it's complete and you won't have the ridiculous wait between episodes. I won't buy another Tell Tale game before it's complete again.

It's a very good game if you know the sort, I definitely recommend picking it up when the final episode is released.

Exactly right. Wait for the bargain bin. And do not buy TT games before they're finished.

I don't really understand this logic. If you think it's a very good game, why wait until it hits the bargain bin? Is it not worth $15, even if the last two episodes aren't out yet? When all the episodes are out, that'll be 10+ hours of quality gaming.

4. Re: On Sale Apr 8, 2014, 19:43 Cutter

Quboid wrote on Apr 8, 2014, 19:39:

I'd wait. It will probably be heavily discounted when it's complete and you won't have the ridiculous wait between episodes. I won't buy another Tell Tale game before it's complete again.

It's a very good game if you know the sort, I definitely recommend picking it up when the final episode is released.

3. Re: On Sale Apr 8, 2014, 19:39 Quboid

It's a very good game if you know the sort of game it is, I definitely recommend picking it up when the final episode is released.

This comment was edited on Apr 8, 2014, 19:49.

- Quboid

2. Re: On Sale Apr 8, 2014, 19:30 Prez

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

1. Re: On Sale Apr 8, 2014, 18:55 Cutter

TWAU Ep 3. is out today...effing finally.

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo