Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III XP Bonus

Battle.net announces a 50% XP bonus weekend is underway for Diablo III tonight until Monday. Word is:

Over 1.5 million players around the world have stopped Death since Reaper of Souls™ launched last Tuesday, March 25. To celebrate this achievement and help support your ongoing crusade against the forces of evil, all nephalem who log into Diablo III this weekend will receive a +50% bonus to XP! This bonus XP period begins in the Americas region tonight, April 4 at 5:00 p.m. PDT and ends on Monday, April 7 at 5:00 a.m. PDT.

Thank you so much for being a hero of Sanctuary. We hope you have fun this weekend, and we'll see you in Westmarch!

View
60 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

60. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Apr 8, 2014, 17:01 Cram

Seems the Crusader, overall, got a decent amount of changes in 2.04, including: "Crusaders now take 15% less damage from all sources"  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

59. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Apr 7, 2014, 16:54 Verno

Krovven wrote on Apr 7, 2014, 15:27:
Yea Barbs are fine, but it was a big change from what people were used to and the way things had been in the beta for months. It took some time for people to adjust. Which is why I don't want to see major changes to the Crusader this quickly, just small adjustments.

I don't think Crusaders are as well balanced as Barbarians were back then is the bigger point to take from my comment. Blizzard seems to agree as there appear to be several large changes coming which is great. I think now is actually the better time to make big changes before people get too settled in.

The irony is that my build is getting nerfed with with the damage reduction to Heavens Fury, while everything else is getting buffed. The Justice buff won't make up for it, as Heavens Fury is my elite killer

The legendary that buffs it (name escapes me at the moment) is the reason its getting nerfed, it was way too easy to shotgun elites with it. I know what you mean though, I always hate finding a build that really works for me then it gets adjusted later.

This comment was edited on Apr 7, 2014, 17:02.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Destiny, Fire Emblem
Watching: Continuum, Star Trek TNG, Haunt

58. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Apr 7, 2014, 15:27 Krovven

Yea Barbs are fine, but it was a big change from what people were used to and the way things had been in the beta for months. It took some time for people to adjust. Which is why I don't want to see major changes to the Crusader this quickly, just small adjustments.

I still have shit gear and weapon on my Crusader and still stomping though with the build I've been using. The irony is that my build is getting nerfed with with the damage reduction to Heavens Fury, while everything else is getting buffed. The Justice buff won't make up for it, as Heavens Fury is my elite killer.

This comment was edited on Apr 7, 2014, 15:33.

57. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Apr 7, 2014, 09:00 Verno

Krovven wrote on Apr 7, 2014, 01:20:
There was a massive backlash for the Barbarian nerfs that happened a couple weeks before the beta ended. I was one of the people that didn't like what they did to the Barbarian resource generation. I don't recall anything major about Crusader nerfs, but maybe the Barb nerfs overshadowed that.

Ironically Barbs have been fine since the nerf, a friend of mine even runs an effective build without a fury generator. The Crusader nerfs on the other hand were too drastic and didn't really address other problems with the class. Blizzard will buff them up so I'm not worried about it, my Wizard is a hoot to play right now while I wait.

But when someone is unwilling to post their character so others can see their gear and build for critique...then there is no reason to take them seriously at all.

Nah I disagree, I can get an idea of what someone does or doesn't know based on what they're saying, I don't need to see their build most of the time. Personally I don't post my profiles unless I have a reason or if I'm asking for help. I really don't want people I don't know friending or messaging me and on forums people usually just use it as an excuse to argue/dickwave or to pilfer build/gear ideas. Besides I know several people who have great luck with gear and a good build but aren't what I would consider good players.

This comment was edited on Apr 7, 2014, 09:07.

56. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Apr 7, 2014, 05:29 theyarecomingforyou

Redmask wrote on Apr 6, 2014, 13:29:
It's not hard to be better than Act 4 and you haven't said anything to change my mind about what I disliked.
I'm not trying to claim the storywriting is anything special, just that it's on par with the original game and better than some of the acts. As I said, I don't have any issue with the storytelling - my issue was the lack of originality (locations, enemies) and that there was only one act.

As for my problems with Blizzard and my name change, I said that I wanted to make an official complaint and that escalated the problem. It turns out that I didn't actually need to send any physical documentation and my account details were updated within 12hrs. I don't know whether it's just because I kicked up a fuss or because the initial customer support representative was misinformed (as Blizzard claimed) but it's all resolved now.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

55. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Apr 7, 2014, 03:29 OpticNerve

Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls first-patch 2.0.4 datamined class changes

Here's some datamined info on the class changes that'll probably show up after Tuesday's maintenance downtime. Keep that in mind that things might possibly change though.

If these tweaks are true, some of them are a bit baffling, especially for the Crusader Steed Charge - Endurance rune since that gains a whole whopping 0.5 seconds of duration boost. And it doesn't really help fix the issue with most Crusader spenders being very wrath-inefficient aside from a scant few such as Sweep Attack and Blessed Hammer.

BTW, here's my current Crusader: Broodblade

The build spits out insanely rapid damage numbers, makes me tanky and it's still changing since I'm currently re-enchanting certain items and I keep indecisively going back and forth with my three main 2-Handers (Maximus, Blade of Prophecy and Scourge). Ignore the paper DPS since the various + Lightning % boosts the damage considerably.

This comment was edited on Apr 7, 2014, 03:38.

http://theopticnerve.deviantart.com

54. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Apr 7, 2014, 01:20 Krovven

Verno wrote on Apr 6, 2014, 19:45:
I don't know, I remember a fair amount of negative feedback from the latter half of beta, particularly when a big round of strange nerfs landed before retail.

There was a massive backlash for the Barbarian nerfs that happened a couple weeks before the beta ended. I was one of the people that didn't like what they did to the Barbarian resource generation. I don't recall anything major about Crusader nerfs, but maybe the Barb nerfs overshadowed that.

The thing about Diablo 3 is, there are always people that complain about one thing or another for every class. It's impossible to take them all seriously. There are also some absolutely ridiculous suggestions out there as to what needs to change, that give no thought to anything but that particular skill. As I said, I think the Crusader needs some work, but it's nowhere as bad as some folks are making it out to be. They don't need a major overhaul, just some tweaking. But so does every class.

But when someone is unwilling to post their character so others can see their gear and build for critique...then there is no reason to take them seriously at all. At least on the Blizz forums you can usually view their profile and call them out on stupid shit. ie: When someone is posting 'Crusader suckz ballz!' and you see they have a lvl 15 Crusader...or a lvl 70 using 5 Wrath spenders while complaining they don't have enough Wrath.

Which is why I posted my sheet. I have 1 Wrath spender, 1 Wrath generator and the rest are cooldowns. But I could easily swap out one
and add another Wrath spender in there.

53. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Apr 7, 2014, 00:58 Krovven

Redmask wrote on Apr 6, 2014, 19:24:
Krovven wrote on Apr 6, 2014, 19:15:
But hey, guess I hit a nerve seeing as you need to resort to name calling because I disagree with you.

You're the one who started calling me names and acted like a dickhead for no reason. I wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire, you're on ignore now.

I think you need to learn to read. I never called you any names. I suggested that maybe you were a selfish player based on the comments you made because you felt that Crusaders were a hinderance to groups. You are the one that got all pissy and defensive because I suggested that maybe your problem was a gear or build issue and that you should post your character sheet. Seeing as you seem to be against doing this suggests to me you are incapable of taking any criticism whatsoever.

52. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Apr 6, 2014, 21:05 nin

OpticNerve wrote on Apr 6, 2014, 20:57:
I main a level 70 Crusader with a bunch of pretty good gear (Maximus, Blade of Prophecy, Scourge, etc.) and I've found a pretty strong build that works really well for me and in pub games (a ton of various legendary items that have proc chances on hit or when getting hit + charged up) but I will freely admit that Crusaders are a bit underwhelming as they currently are since there are other classes who can do what they can do but with less effort and are better at it. They're extremely gear-dependent if you want to keep up in a high Torment pub game (moreso than possibly any other class at the moment) but it's really a null argument right now since a Blue rep posted this in the EU b.net forums: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10290629036#19

Blizzard Blue Rep wrote:
While I can't share any specific details right now, we have been monitoring the performance of the different classes since launch and we do have some adjustments planned for all classes that will be implemented in an upcoming patch. In the upcoming patch notes, the Crusader will likely be listed with the most adjustments of all the classes.

Hopefully they'll work out the kinks for the class since I really do like the Crusader but it can be a bit annoying to have to use every single skill to rotate through to take down an elite on higher Torment difficulties whereas a Wizard can jump in, spam one skill and effortlessly kill that same elite with crappier gear.

Glad the crusader is getting some work, as I've not heard great things.

Also, please don't fuck with the Wiz.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

51. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Apr 6, 2014, 20:57 OpticNerve

I main a level 70 Crusader with a bunch of pretty good gear (Maximus, Blade of Prophecy, Scourge, etc.) and I've found a pretty strong build that works really well for me and in pub games (a ton of various legendary items that have proc chances on hit or when getting hit + charged up) but I will freely admit that Crusaders are a bit underwhelming as they currently are since there are other classes who can do what they can do but with less effort and are better at it. They're extremely gear-dependent if you want to keep up in a high Torment pub game (moreso than possibly any other class at the moment) but it's really a null argument right now since a Blue rep posted this in the EU b.net forums: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10290629036#19

Blizzard Blue Rep wrote:
While I can't share any specific details right now, we have been monitoring the performance of the different classes since launch and we do have some adjustments planned for all classes that will be implemented in an upcoming patch. In the upcoming patch notes, the Crusader will likely be listed with the most adjustments of all the classes.

Hopefully they'll work out the kinks for the class since I really do like the Crusader but it can be a bit annoying to have to use every single skill to rotate through to take down an elite on higher Torment difficulties whereas a Wizard can jump in, spam one skill and effortlessly kill that same elite with crappier gear.

http://theopticnerve.deviantart.com

50. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Apr 6, 2014, 19:45 Verno

Krovven wrote on Apr 6, 2014, 19:01:
Crusader had a ton of positive feedback in the RoS beta and were receiving high praise on the design of the class.

I don't know, I remember a fair amount of negative feedback from the latter half of beta, particularly when a big round of strange nerfs landed before retail. People were voicing concerns about many of things I see them talking about on various forums today and some of the stuff brought up here.

Again, I know plenty of people playing Crusader and not having the same issues you guys are referring to.

I know plenty of people who have played Crusader who disagree so shrug. I don't think the Crusader is gimped but it needs some love, there are several builds I'd like to try but don't feel viable due to design problems with abilities and runes. It is not a lot of fun for me right now and I feel a bit hamstrung in terms of builds so I'm just going to play my Wiz until they fix it up, no biggie. If other people enjoy it now then I guess they'll just enjoy it that much more later when its buffed up more, everyone wins

49. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Apr 6, 2014, 19:24 Redmask

Krovven wrote on Apr 6, 2014, 19:15:
But hey, guess I hit a nerve seeing as you need to resort to name calling because I disagree with you.

You're the one who started calling me names and acted like a dickhead for no reason. I wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire, you're on ignore now.

48. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Apr 6, 2014, 19:15 Krovven

Redmask wrote on Apr 6, 2014, 19:05:
There is nothing wrong my gear, build or playstyle,

Then why don't you link your character sheet?

Redmask wrote on Apr 6, 2014, 19:05:
You don't know anything about how my group plays and you are referring to the wrong rune, dickhead.

You said a couple of the crit runes, you didn't specify which ones. The one I referred to specifically (and said "if" you are using), is a common one people seem to be trying to use when it's not the ideal choice, particularly in a group. Maybe if you can be more specific instead of just generally commenting on runes without using their names or what skills they belong to, then we can talk about those.

This comment was edited on Apr 6, 2014, 19:22.

47. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Apr 6, 2014, 19:05 Redmask

Krovven wrote on Apr 6, 2014, 18:44:
Definitely disagree with you there. Their survivability is excellent. Maybe you don't have the paragon levels, maybe you have shitty gear, maybe you are trying to use a gimped build or you are trying to play a difficulty you have no business being in. I don't know without seeing your character sheet. But your opinion here seems to be quite contradictory to my own experience and most people I know playing the Crusader, which just makes me think you are doing something wrong.

'maybe ur bad' yeah ok. There is nothing wrong my gear, build or playstyle, I've been well into TIII grouping for a few days. They are just way slower than the other classes I've geared and played, particularly in mid-tier Torment play.

...as the Answered Prayer Rune for the Nephalem Glory orbs is stronger especially for grouped play. 3 stacks of Neph Glory on full up time for 4 players is far better. Your comment of them being a drag on the group and also your comment about only wanting to play the class you feel you can gear up the fastest, also leads me to believe you are a selfish player that isn't really looking to just enjoy the game and playing with friends.

You don't know anything about how my group plays and you are referring to the wrong rune, dickhead. I'm not wasting anymore time on you.

46. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Apr 6, 2014, 19:01 Krovven

Verno wrote on Apr 6, 2014, 17:43:

Changes and stuff:

- Make the 2H passive innate and remove the movement slow
- Completely redesign several abilities and runes, some of the laws and abilities like Consecrate are embarrassing
- Buff the wrath generators and their respective runes
- The passives need another go, a good half of them are brutal
- Make shields block some of non-physical damage that make melee hard to play

Can't say I disagree, but I also don't think they are gimped. I agree the 2h option should be innate, but not remove the movement speed penalty, just a 10% (instead of 15%) reduction that can be overcome by using additional gear/paragon to get back to the 25% cap. Wrath generation, maybe a small boost, but not much. Every class has some weak abilities, Crusader is no different. Shields don't need to block elemental damage, that's what resists are for.

Everyone seems to be using a different Crusader build, that seems to work. I don't even use Judgement and I do just fine. Again, I know plenty of people playing Crusader and not having the same issues you guys are referring to.

People need to remember that this is the first pass on Crusader...they have had 2 years to learn the mistakes in the other classes and are still working on them. Crusader had a ton of positive feedback in the RoS beta and were receiving high praise on the design of the class.
It's still very early, there is still gear and build combos to be found.

45. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Apr 6, 2014, 18:44 Krovven

Redmask wrote on Apr 6, 2014, 16:34:
I'm not having a problem with it, the class itself is just really underpowered compared to others. I don't really care what random internet people say about how fast they level, their problems are not readily apparent while leveling.

Who is going on about how fast they level? You only referred to getting the Crusader to lvl 70. So I referenced that, as I have done so too. And I'm finding it definitely more productive than the Monk, which I finished Act V earlier yesterday before finishing up my Crusader. I find them to be about on par with the Barbarian, and my Barb was well geared from 1.08. But I find the Crusader to be far more fun and versatile than the Barbarian, but I'm still spoiled from the OP WW Barb build from 1.08.

Anyone can can keyboard bang any class to 70 anyways. They are noticeably slower than pretty much any other class at clearing bounties/rifts and their survivability is not really any higher. In the time it takes to run Torment I bounties I'd already be done and started another on my DH or Wizard.

Definitely disagree with you there. Their survivability is excellent. Maybe you don't have the paragon levels, maybe you have shitty gear, maybe you are trying to use a gimped build or you are trying to play a difficulty you have no business being in. I don't know without seeing your character sheet. But your opinion here seems to be quite contradictory to my own experience and most people I know playing the Crusader, which just makes me think you are doing something wrong.
I am playing through Act V Torment 1 (entirely at lvl 70, my other classes all started Act V at lvl 60) and mostly with level 60 gear still and I'm having zero problems surviving or dealing damage.

At TII+ for grouping I find them to be a drag on the group, their only real assets are two crit runes, one of which is sure to be nerfed.

On one hand you are saying their Crit runes are overpowered and going to be nerfed, on the other hand you are saying the class is underpowered...which is it? If you are using the 5 sec crit rune for Laws of Valor, then you are likely a selfish player...as the Answered Prayer Rune for the Nephalem Glory orbs is stronger especially for grouped play. 3 stacks of Neph Glory on full up time for 4 players is far better. Your comment of them being a drag on the group and also your comment about only wanting to play the class you feel you can gear up the fastest, also leads me to believe you are a selfish player that isn't really looking to just enjoy the game and playing with friends.

Why all the complaints about the writing? All of the game's predecessors weren't exactly Hemingway either.

People want them to do better.

So tired of hearing about the story. Diablo 1/2 were never about the story. The story has always been thin and simply to supply the environment. Diablo 3 they actually went way above what was needed as far as story goes. Is some of the writing bad? Yes. But its a fucking video game, not a novel. There are so very very few video games that I can refer to as having a great story with strong writing. After you finish the game once through, do you really go talk to everyone and listen to everything or even give a crap about the story? No. Auto-Skip Cutscenes and a lot of Spacebar.

44. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Apr 6, 2014, 17:43 Verno

Crusader Talk

I agree that they are pretty flawed right now but I think with some tweaks they could be great. They need higher mobility or the same 30% damage resist that the other melee classes get though. I picked up a really nice legendary that transformed mine from bad to decent but it still feels really slow and weird overall.

Changes and stuff:

- Make the 2H passive innate and remove the movement slow
- Completely redesign several abilities and runes, some of the laws and abilities like Consecrate are embarrassing
- Buff the wrath generators and their respective runes
- The passives need another go, a good half of them are brutal
- Make shields block some of non-physical damage that make melee hard to play

I wouldn't mind seeing them do something else with Blessed Hammer too, its very effective but the wind up time on getting them out there means something like a Wizard would've already cleared the screen.

They are fine at lower difficulties but at Torment I can't really say I care for mine. I am highly dependent on the Judgement - Resolved rune for my damage in Torment groups which as you said is bound to be hit with a the nerfbat, its giving people +100% crit which obliterates packs. Getting the 3 beam Heavens Fury legendary helped a lot but I feel like my build is completely rigid and that they aren't any real alternatives.

Nothing they can't fix but they have a lot of work to do. I went back to my Wizard for grouping in the meantime, I think they should put the guy who did Wizards in charge of every class. They have so many great builds and options, almost everything is useful in some way except maybe Energy Twister. If they can bring the Crusader up to that level I'll be very happy.

43. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Apr 6, 2014, 16:34 Redmask

Krovven wrote on Apr 6, 2014, 15:34:
Not saying they don't need work, they do, but if you are having that much problem with the Crusader, you are doing something wrong. I know plenty of people that think the Crusader is OP, especially at lower lvl's.

I'm not having a problem with it, the class itself is just really underpowered compared to others. I don't really care what random internet people say about how fast they level, their problems are not readily apparent while leveling. Anyone can can keyboard bang any class to 70 anyways. They are noticeably slower than pretty much any other class at clearing bounties/rifts and their survivability is not really any higher. In the time it takes to run Torment I bounties I'd already be done and started another on my DH or Wizard. At TII+ for grouping I find them to be a drag on the group, their only real assets are two crit runes, one of which is sure to be nerfed.

I'm sure Blizzard will fix it eventually but it is a class with some truly bizarre design choices.

Why all the complaints about the writing? All of the game's predecessors weren't exactly Hemingway either.

People want them to do better.

This comment was edited on Apr 6, 2014, 16:42.

42. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Apr 6, 2014, 16:27 Kedyn

That said, I bought D3 since it was $20. I encountered none of the problems I had heard about, so I purchased the expansion. I'm not far into it (highest is a 44 WH I think), but I'm enjoying it.

41. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Apr 6, 2014, 15:34 Krovven

Well all I can say is, I got my Crusader last night to lvl 70 on Torment 1, killed Diablo and started Act V without a problem and was still using a lvl 61 Thunderfury. He rarely dies and destroys everything. Once I get a new lvl 70 weapon it's going to be ridiculous.
Here is the link to my build. Majority of my gear is lvl 60 still.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Krovven-1128/hero/45015283

Forgot that I equipped that new axe before I logged last night, I've yet to use it. I just enchanted it as it dropped for my Monk earlier in the evening.

Not saying they don't need work, they do, but if you are having that much problem with the Crusader, you are doing something wrong. I know plenty of people that think the Crusader is OP, especially at lower lvl's.

This comment was edited on Apr 6, 2014, 15:49.

60 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo