Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Metaverse

View
85 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

85. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 8, 2014, 13:14 Quboid

Mad Max RW wrote on Apr 8, 2014, 11:15:
Angry little Beamer keeps screaming inside his echo chamber. Consider yourself the one and only person I put on ignore. An amusing hypocrite is only amusing for so long before he becomes a tiresome repetitious and joyless bore.

Now Cutter or nin or Beamer himself will so eloquently reply with "pot kettle black" or some other nonsensical thing that means absolutely nothing to me or anyone else with common sense.

I thought the pot calling the kettle black meant that in fact they were both sooty, i.e. both guilty of the charge. That would be nonsensical as Beamer is being as reasonable as he can and is perhaps calmer than he should be.

However, I've looked it up and apparently the phrase actually means that the pot sees it's own dirty reflection in the shiny, clean kettle, i.e. the kettle isn't guilty of the charge. So it turns out that the phrase is entirely appropriate.

Evidently I lack common sense, which you clearly define as "someone who agrees with me". (In fairness, the phrase "common sense" usually does mean this.)

- Quboid
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

84. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 8, 2014, 11:15 Mad Max RW

Angry little Beamer keeps screaming inside his echo chamber. Consider yourself the one and only person I put on ignore. An amusing hypocrite is only amusing for so long before he becomes a tiresome repetitious and joyless bore.

Now Cutter or nin or Beamer himself will so eloquently reply with "pot kettle black" or some other nonsensical thing that means absolutely nothing to me or anyone else with common sense.

83. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 8, 2014, 11:09 Beamer

Mad Max RW wrote on Apr 8, 2014, 10:55:
I guess John Carmack is homophobic, too.

ID_AA_Carmack

I respect @BrendanEich for not doing the craven belly crawl of apology when he was set upon by the mob.

So does he have to resign?

You really just don't understand any of this, do you?
No matter how many times it has been explained to you as if you had the mental horsepower of a small child?
You really fail to understand how "CEO" made this different, and how "Mozilla" made this different?

It would be nice if you were a troll, but you aren't. You're just unintelligent. And you're unintelligent in a way that the internet makes you feel superior, despite you intentionally avoiding looking at facts and instead finding the best possible way to keep your viewpoint.

As for Yagan's donation, there's an enormous difference between a 24 year old donating to a candidate that supports many issues including "traditional marriage" and a 50-something year old donating money exclusively to the cause of banning gay marriage.
But he should explain himself. Silence makes him look ridiculous.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

82. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 8, 2014, 10:55 Mad Max RW

I guess John Carmack is homophobic, too.

ID_AA_Carmack

I respect @BrendanEich for not doing the craven belly crawl of apology when he was set upon by the mob.

So does he have to resign? I fully expect the dismissive replies from the usual suspects will be something along the lines of "Carmack isn't even relevant anymore".

This comment was edited on Apr 8, 2014, 11:04.

81. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 8, 2014, 10:05 Prez

Mad Max RW wrote on Apr 8, 2014, 09:50:
Hahaha, this is too funny. But there's no hypocrisy here. No no no. Bury your heads in the sand.

OkCupid's CEO Donated to an Anti-Gay Campaign Once, Too

Reported by Mother Jones.

That is pretty sad if true. It's not a sign of hypocrisy if no one knows about it yet (But it definitely is hypocritical of OkCupid if true). Motherjones.com is not exactly a go-to site for news by the general public. This is the first I've heard of this.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

80. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 8, 2014, 09:50 Mad Max RW

Hahaha, this is too funny. But there's no hypocrisy here. No no no. Bury your heads in the sand.

OkCupid's CEO Donated to an Anti-Gay Campaign Once, Too

Reported by Mother Jones.

79. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 7, 2014, 10:19 Verno

Mad Max RW wrote on Apr 6, 2014, 12:22:
Sorry I don't have time to sit around on my computer all weekend like certain people here. It appears the IRS leak story was wrong and they rectified it. So what? It doesn't make the whole story of bullying to get their way any less ridiculous. Even liberal loon Bill Mahar thinks it's fucked.

Don't let that stop the hypocrites from ranting, though.

You don't see any irony in calling something bullying when the people complaining are doing exactly the same thing to them? I call it fighting back. If anything their way is better, they are just using public pressure which comes from the fact that most of the public identifies with their complaints. They're not bullying anyone. Incidentally I thought most donations were a matter of public record, the government audits them after all so I'm not sure why anyone would think its some super secret thing that was leaked from a tax return.

Playing: Dark Souls 2
Watching: Korengal, Legends, Intruders

78. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 6, 2014, 19:01 Prez

Redmask wrote on Apr 6, 2014, 16:47:
You can just say 'I was wrong' next time then go back to fapping over loony blogs and talk about how those darned gay people keep 'bullying' everyone who is trying to literally suppress their way of life.

I wish we could just fast-forward another 10 years or so to when gay marriage is legal everywhere and we can go back to arguing about important stuff.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

77. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 6, 2014, 16:47 Redmask

You can just say 'I was wrong' next time then go back to fapping over loony blogs and talk about how those darned gay people keep 'bullying' everyone who is trying to literally suppress their way of life.  

76. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 6, 2014, 13:25 Mad Max RW

It's almost as if you have a built in censor where you can't see the numerous times I said I support gay marriage on this very site. You're insane.

Beamer, you really need to get laid.

75. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 6, 2014, 13:06 Beamer

Mad Max RW wrote on Apr 6, 2014, 12:22:
Sorry I don't have time to sit around on my computer all weekend like certain people here. It appears the IRS leak story was wrong and they rectified it. So what? It doesn't make the whole story of bullying to get their way any less ridiculous. Even liberal loon Bill Mahar thinks it's fucked.

you're a gem. A true gift to humanity. And, thankfully, a dying viewpoint. 50 years ago you would have been openly racist. 100 years ago more openly misogynistic. Today you're openly homophobic.

I wonder what type of person not just like you you'll claim to not hate yet actively try to keep down next.

Also, I read your Fallout interview. How did rereading that not make it clear to you that you should probably reconsider your attitude towards life?

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

74. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 6, 2014, 12:22 Mad Max RW

73. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 6, 2014, 11:58 Redmask

jdreyer wrote on Apr 4, 2014, 14:43:
Mad Max RW wrote on Apr 4, 2014, 10:16:
Look how easily upset you get, Beamer. Gay marriage is not your problem.

Hey Max, I read your article. This is what it says at the bottom:

This post originally wrongly claimed in error that Eich’s tax return became public after a leak from the Internal Revenue Service. We apologize for the error.

Suddenly Mad Max has departed when it's time to take ownership of errors.

72. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 4, 2014, 19:38 Quboid

nin wrote on Apr 4, 2014, 14:56:

This post originally wrongly claimed in error that Eich’s tax return became public after a leak from the Internal Revenue Service. We apologize for the error.

The question I've always wondered is, if you're not supposed to feed the mogwai after midnight, when is it safe to feed the mogwai again?????

This is the real issue. It's downright irresponsible to sell a mogwai without making this clear. I assume it is sunrise but it would make more sense if you couldn't feed them after sunset. Is it exactly midnight? Do they read clocks? How do they operate in the wild, is eating after midnight a rite of passage to prove you're ready for adulthood*?

* I don't mean to rip off Cracked.com but they made pretty much the same point in one of their After Hours videos.

- Quboid

71. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 4, 2014, 16:31 Prez

LOL! Well if it's always 5 o'clock somewhere, it's always midnight somewehre too!  

- Mahatma Gandhi

70. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 4, 2014, 15:47 nin

Prez wrote on Apr 4, 2014, 15:43:

The question I've always wondered is, if you're not supposed to feed the mogwai after midnight, when is it safe to feed the mogwai again?????

After breakfast. Yours, not theirs.

What about time zones? DST? Crossing the international date line? Leap year? It's no wonder we have gremlins here...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

69. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 4, 2014, 15:43 Prez

After breakfast. Yours, not theirs.

- Mahatma Gandhi

68. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 4, 2014, 15:24 NKD

Why is this suddenly a creepy pseudo-eugenics thread?  

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

67. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 4, 2014, 15:02 jdreyer

Quboid wrote on Apr 4, 2014, 12:58:
Orogogus wrote on Apr 4, 2014, 12:25:

I'm really not. Whatever method you use to limit potential parents is going to work for controlling population growth.

Those chemical methods -- I assume you're referring to the hormonal treatments -- have potentially fatal side effects and contraindications, and they put all the burden on women. The surgical treatments damage your chances of having a child after you get them reversed, on top of the risks inherent in surgery. On top of which, "civilized" countries don't really have procedures to compel every adult man and woman to submit to medicine (especially the daily pill) or surgery. Without that, people are going to end up having children accidentally -- never mind the people doing it on purpose -- and then the question is what this system is going to do about it.

I can't imagine there's any way to legislate this without it being incredibly creepy, but it would be nice if sex was a bit more complicated. Enough so if you're drunk, it would be too complicated to actually conceive even if you wanted to at that moment. This is pretty much the opposite of how evolution works so don't get your hopes up.

I think every male upon turning 16 should get this treatment. Apparently without side effects and completely reversible. Then they can undo it when they're ready.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

66. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 4, 2014, 14:56 nin

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

85 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo