Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steamships Ahoy - Warhammer 40,000: Storm of Vengeance

Eutechnyx announces that today is the official release date for Warhammer 40,000: Storm of Vengeance for Windows and iOS. The Windows edition of the lane strategy game entered Early Access last week, but it has been deemed ready for prime time and Early Access will end sometime today. Here's word on the game:

Storm of Vengeance tells the story of a pivotal moment in the Warhammer 40,000 universe, during the legendary planetary conflict on Piscina IV. Featuring two of Games Workshop's most cherished characters, Grand Master Belial and Ork Warlord Ghazghkull Thraka, Storm of Vengeance offers the player the chance to command the tenacious defence of the planet with only 100 Dark Angel Space Marines, or attempt itís annihilation using the cunning of the Ork Waaagh! and their telly-porta technology.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Warhammer 40,000: Storm of Vengeance Apr 4, 2014, 12:51 grudgebearer

Tumbler wrote on Apr 3, 2014, 19:20:
Spent 2 hours on it. It's not bad for $10. It's easy to play with kids running around because each match ends very quickly.

You get more control of the units as you get further in the game. The assault troops for example allow you to use jump jets to jump across lanes but only after u get that upgrade. In the beginning they are just a melee unit that moves forward a little quicker.

The standard marine can fire at adjacent lanes which is their "thing". You get grenades for them as well and a charge ability that lets you stun other units. (usually melee)

I upgraded to the dreadnaught early but it doesn't stay very long, it seems to have a certain amount of energy and when you use it all it just shuts down and drops into the floor.

Terminators are dlc which sucks. For the marines you can deploy tactical marines, assault, and devestator. You can also get bikes, dreadnaughts and a variety of other hq powers. There are also 2 other campaigns to purchase as dlc which look like ork campaigns.

I'm guessing they'll add in all the other marine chapters (at least the majors) and maybe some additional races.

I haven't been able to find a MP game yet...prob not a great sign.

There's no way in hell I'd pay $10 bucks for a plants vs zombies clone with $.99-$2.99 DLC for units on my iPad much less on my pc.

Fucking hate that GW gives their IP over to devs like these.

'I'm not going to walk in through the front door - or the side door - and let you do the talking, just like that. You think I got this old not knowing how to stay alive?'
- Harlon Nayl
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Warhammer 40,000: Storm of Vengeance Apr 3, 2014, 19:20 Tumbler

Spent 2 hours on it. It's not bad for $10. It's easy to play with kids running around because each match ends very quickly.

You get more control of the units as you get further in the game. The assault troops for example allow you to use jump jets to jump across lanes but only after u get that upgrade. In the beginning they are just a melee unit that moves forward a little quicker.

The standard marine can fire at adjacent lanes which is their "thing". You get grenades for them as well and a charge ability that lets you stun other units. (usually melee)

I upgraded to the dreadnaught early but it doesn't stay very long, it seems to have a certain amount of energy and when you use it all it just shuts down and drops into the floor.

Terminators are dlc which sucks. For the marines you can deploy tactical marines, assault, and devestator. You can also get bikes, dreadnaughts and a variety of other hq powers. There are also 2 other campaigns to purchase as dlc which look like ork campaigns.

I'm guessing they'll add in all the other marine chapters (at least the majors) and maybe some additional races.

I haven't been able to find a MP game yet...prob not a great sign.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

12. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Warhammer 40,000: Storm of Vengeance Apr 3, 2014, 16:25 Verno

Holy shit that is....awful  

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

11. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Warhammer 40,000: Storm of Vengeance Apr 3, 2014, 15:36 FloorPie

While I'm not a huge fan of WH40k, this is just sad.

Totalbiscuit's amusing take on it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGXsOorkgpg

10. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Warhammer 40,000: Storm of Vengeance Apr 3, 2014, 14:57 Trevellian

Tumbler wrote on Apr 3, 2014, 10:50:
Hunh, I was a little interested in this before watching this youtube clip. It's the Ipad version but I doubt the pc version is a lot different.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZH87pWXgSA

I was hoping it would be something like hearthstone where you go head to head against another human but this is all AI?

Researching...oh wait, no it is multipayer. Cross platform even! Plus the pc version mentions they just added dreadnaughts and stormboyz! Sold.

This seems like a game I can squeeze in with 10 min like Hearthstone.

Why would you give them money for this fucking crap?
the 40k universe deserves so much better than a fucking Plants vs Zombies game.

Pathetic.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Kyrios in ArcheAge

9. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Warhammer 40,000: Storm of Vengeance Apr 3, 2014, 13:37 Ozmodan

Another plants vs zombies and the AI sucks. What a waste of money, the kids figured it out in about 20 minutes. Talk about boring repetition.  

8. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Warhammer 40,000: Storm of Vengeance Apr 3, 2014, 11:39 jacobvandy

TychoCelchuuu wrote on Apr 3, 2014, 10:50:
I like how they used the wrong "it's." I guess the game budget doesn't provide for a proofreader.

Nope, 'cause they spend that money on some nerd from Games Workshop who reads through and makes sure they use terms like "telly-porta" correctly.

7. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Warhammer 40,000: Storm of Vengeance Apr 3, 2014, 10:50 TychoCelchuuu

I like how they used the wrong "it's." I guess the game budget doesn't provide for a proofreader.  

6. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Warhammer 40,000: Storm of Vengeance Apr 3, 2014, 10:50 Tumbler

Hunh, I was a little interested in this before watching this youtube clip. It's the Ipad version but I doubt the pc version is a lot different.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZH87pWXgSA

I was hoping it would be something like hearthstone where you go head to head against another human but this is all AI?

Researching...oh wait, no it is multipayer. Cross platform even! Plus the pc version mentions they just added dreadnaughts and stormboyz! Sold.

This seems like a game I can squeeze in with 10 min like Hearthstone.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

5. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Warhammer 40,000: Storm of Vengeance Apr 3, 2014, 10:14 eRe4s3r

InBlack wrote on Apr 3, 2014, 10:12:
Lane strategy? Oh Jesus....

Game Workshop sucks balls, these guys are worse than Wizards of the Coast....

Makes you wonder how they even still exist. This isn't even a better flash game, or browser game... hah

4. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Warhammer 40,000: Storm of Vengeance Apr 3, 2014, 10:12 InBlack

Lane strategy? Oh Jesus....

Games Workshop sucks balls, these guys are worse than Wizards of the Coast....

I have a nifty blue line!

3. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Warhammer 40,000: Storm of Vengeance Apr 3, 2014, 09:59 Slashman

I don't understand why they would do this.

Did this really need to happen?

2. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Warhammer 40,000: Storm of Vengeance Apr 3, 2014, 09:49 Desalus

This game looks like an April Fools joke. In all honesty I wish it was.  

1. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Warhammer 40,000: Storm of Vengeance Apr 3, 2014, 09:23 Cyant

Are they THAT concerned they will canibalize sales of their miniatures to make a proper turn based game to mimic tabletop gameplay??

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo