Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

New Titanfall Game Modes Coming

Respawn's Vince Zampella has been tweeting about plans for DLC for Titanfall, telling one follower that: "DLC is in the works, not quite done yet tho. Don't think we've announced a date yet." He also explains in another tweet that new game modes introduced to the mech shooter by the DLC will be made available to all owners of the game, even if they don't buy the additional content: "Modes we release will be free to all, not part of DLC." Thanks OXM.

View
43 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

43. Re: New Titanfall Game Modes Coming Mar 27, 2014, 04:38 InBlack

Beamer wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 17:37:
MajorD wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 17:33:
nin wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 17:17:
Nighthawk wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 17:12:
So 15 days after the "ships ahoy" they've said the DLC is "almost done" and the sheeple are still buying and falling for this (essentially) day-0 DLC?

Using "sheeple" in a response automatically cheapens any reply.

Oh come on nin, it (sheeple) is a perfect portmanteau word.

It's a terrible term used exclusively by idiots that can't comprehend anyone disagrees with them.

"Pepsi is for sheeple. Real people can think with their tastebuds and drink Coke. Poseurs and sheeple and white-knighters, man."

You only say that because youve been called a white-knighter by pretty much everyone on this board at some point. Why would anyone have a problem with any word in the english (slang or not) language if its used in a proper fashion?

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

42. Re: New Titanfall Game Modes Coming Mar 27, 2014, 02:46 Sepharo

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Mar 27, 2014, 02:23:
Sepharo wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 22:51:
I find it funny that there are people complaining about how the DLC isn't ready but had it been day-0 people would have complained about that. Somehow it even seems that people are complaining about the new game modes being free. Also the game launched with Team Deathmatch, Control Points, CTF, and Titan elimination, yet there are people complaining that there aren't more modes yet. "Man this game ain't shit unless there are 7 modes at launch."

If it's multiplayer only? Bet your balls it better bring some variety to the table. Halo came out over 10 years ago and had a well-done single player campaign (with co-op!) and launched with more variety in it's multiplayer options (at least 5 multiplayer modes at launch, 16 players, and customizable rules) over 10 years ago.

The bar, even for console FPS, was raised *long* ago. Now we pay $60 for multiplayer only, 12 player matches, and 4 game modes.. GG, EA.

That's what I mean though. I don't think that's necessary. Some essential game modes that are highly polished and I'm set. CS, Quake, BF, even TF2 launched with less or a similar amount of game modes. You talk about the bar that that's set "even for console FPS" that's that CoD after MW mindset... I don't need that stuff. For all the bitching people do about CoD and it's clones it sure sounds like they want every new FPS to be like it. "Needs more maps." "Needs more modes." "Needs more guns." "Needs more unlockables because I unlocked everything so quick." ... Fucking ridiculous... Enjoy playing the game, getting better, and competing.

And about the player count... It's perfect. The maps are balanced and sized properly and you will encounter the enemy players. That's kind of the point right? Hunt the other players down and kill them.

41. Re: New Titanfall Game Modes Coming Mar 27, 2014, 02:23 Mordecai Walfish

Sepharo wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 22:51:
I find it funny that there are people complaining about how the DLC isn't ready but had it been day-0 people would have complained about that. Somehow it even seems that people are complaining about the new game modes being free. Also the game launched with Team Deathmatch, Control Points, CTF, and Titan elimination, yet there are people complaining that there aren't more modes yet. "Man this game ain't shit unless there are 7 modes at launch."

If it's multiplayer only? Bet your balls it better bring some variety to the table. Halo came out over 10 years ago and had a well-done single player campaign (with co-op!) and launched with more variety in it's multiplayer options (at least 5 multiplayer modes at launch, 16 players, and customizable rules) over 10 years ago.

The bar, even for console FPS, was raised *long* ago. Now we pay $60 for multiplayer only, 12 player matches, and 4 game modes.. GG, EA.

40. Re: New Titanfall Game Modes Coming Mar 26, 2014, 22:51 Sepharo

It's fun getting better at Titanfall. There's a lot of small things you can do to improve your play. The variety of Titan configurations really changes the way you can play the game too. I'm not even talking about the chassis so much either but the weapon choices. There's a vast difference between playing with the Titan charging sniper rifle and the rocket launcher for example.

-

39. Re: New Titanfall Game Modes Coming Mar 26, 2014, 22:27 MajorD

nin wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 20:56:
MajorD wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 17:47:
At least that is my definition of sheeple. Oh crap, I just cheapened my response.

SEE?!

Yup!

38. Re: New Titanfall Game Modes Coming Mar 26, 2014, 22:26 MajorD

Beamer wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 20:28:
So 15 days after the "ships ahoy" they've said the DLC is "almost done" and the sheeple are still buying and falling for this (essentially) day-0 DLC?

It's a terrible term used exclusively by idiots that can't comprehend anyone disagrees with them.

That may be your definition of it. It is very fitting for people who can't think for themselves and have to follow what everyone else is doing to try and be hip, cool, and/or part of the 'in thing/crowd'.

At least that is my definition of sheeple. Oh crap, I just cheapened my response.

But no one ever uses it that way. It's always just "people that have a different opinion than me." It's basically the asshole way of saying that there's no possible way anyone could ever have a different opinion other than being some kind of idiot.

It's monumentally close-minded. It's like the term "fanboy." Sure, it's a real thing, but typically it's a term only used by fanboys. "I can't stand all these fanboys buying the XBone. They just want to suck M$ wang. Sony is the real savior of gaming, everyone knows that!"

Yeah, I understand what you're saying. You and I obviously just had two different interpretations for it.

37. Re: New Titanfall Game Modes Coming Mar 26, 2014, 20:56 nin

SEE?!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

36. Re: New Titanfall Game Modes Coming Mar 26, 2014, 20:28 Beamer

That may be your definition of it. It is very fitting for people who can't think for themselves and have to follow what everyone else is doing to try and be hip, cool, and/or part of the 'in thing/crowd'.

But no one ever uses it that way. It's always just "people that have a different opinion than me." It's basically the asshole way of saying that there's no possible way anyone could ever have a different opinion other than being some kind of idiot.

It's monumentally close-minded. It's like the term "fanboy." Sure, it's a real thing, but typically it's a term only used by fanboys. "I can't stand all these fanboys buying the XBone. They just want to suck M$ wang. Sony is the real savior of gaming, everyone knows that!"

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

35. Re: New Titanfall Game Modes Coming Mar 26, 2014, 20:18 ForgedReality

Seventyfive wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 15:54:
ForgedReality wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 14:50:
I don't think it's the best shooter out there. Maybe if you're talking about paid shooters, but there are plenty of better games that are free. Titanfall is rather average if you ask me.

What other FPS do you recommend that are out right now? I'm always up to try a new game, especially if it's free. I assume you're talking about newer stuff and not TF2 or something...

Actually, I do still play TF2, since 2007, and find a lot of enjoyment in it. But I was more referring to things like Blacklight: Retribution, Hawken, or Warframe.

34. Re: New Titanfall Game Modes Coming Mar 26, 2014, 17:47 MajorD

This comment was edited on Mar 26, 2014, 17:57.

33. Re: New Titanfall Game Modes Coming Mar 26, 2014, 17:37 Beamer

"Pepsi is for sheeple. Real people can think with their tastebuds and drink Coke. Poseurs and sheeple and white-knighters, man."

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

32. Re: New Titanfall Game Modes Coming Mar 26, 2014, 17:33 MajorD

31. Re: New Titanfall Game Modes Coming Mar 26, 2014, 17:26 MajorD

Panickd wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 16:10:
MajorD wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 15:20:
Panickd wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 14:26:
MajorD wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 11:28:
.....and to think some people complain about Indies releasing pre-release Alphas.

And how is that nonsense related in any way to Titanfall? Color me confused. Confused

I was just being snide. The fact that a AAA title like Titanfall didn't ship with these announced modes in the first place, it would come across that the game was shipped incomplete to meet scheduled released dates dictated by the BIG publisher called EA.

So, in a roundabout way I was comparing the above to Indies pre-releasing games as Alphas (incomplete games), of which the buyer is made very aware of before placing their order.

Again, just a snide comment is all......

Ahh, lol. So what you're saying is that Titanfall is par for the AAA course then.

Grin....yeah, pretty much.

But you have to give them credit for getting it as complete as it is in only two years. And they have to have some features to crow about for the inevitable annual sequel.

Yeah, it is still a polished game for the post part. And next year's 'should' be even more polished.

30. Re: New Titanfall Game Modes Coming Mar 26, 2014, 17:17 nin

Oh god, deqer's hacking logins...

Using "sheeple" in a response automatically cheapens any reply, not unlike "M$" and "butthurt".

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

29. Re: New Titanfall Game Modes Coming Mar 26, 2014, 17:12 Nighthawk

28. Re: New Titanfall Game Modes Coming Mar 26, 2014, 17:05 Shataan

I hope TitanFall 2 sports a single player component. My interest in mp only days are waning.  

27. Re: New Titanfall Game Modes Coming Mar 26, 2014, 16:16 DangerDog

Creston wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 15:55:
So new game modes will be in the DLC, but you'll get them even if you don't buy the DLC. So... why would people buy the DLC then?

new maps, maybe gadgets.

26. Re: New Titanfall Game Modes Coming Mar 26, 2014, 16:10 Panickd

MajorD wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 15:20:
Panickd wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 14:26:
MajorD wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 11:28:
.....and to think some people complain about Indies releasing pre-release Alphas.

And how is that nonsense related in any way to Titanfall? Color me confused. Confused

I was just being snide. The fact that a AAA title like Titanfall didn't ship with these announced modes in the first place, it would come across that the game was shipped incomplete to meet scheduled released dates dictated by the BIG publisher called EA.

So, in a roundabout way I was comparing the above to Indies pre-releasing games as Alphas (in complete games), of which the buyer is made very aware of before placing their order.

Again, just a snide comment is all......

Ahh, lol. So what you're saying is that Titanfall is par for the AAA course then.

But you have to give them credit for getting it as complete as it is in only two years. And they have to have some features to crow about for the inevitable annual sequel.

25. Re: New Titanfall Game Modes Coming Mar 26, 2014, 16:00 Morgan19

^ The modes themselves will be free and playable with the base game; then the additional DLC maps/weapons/whatevers will also use the modes. So the free stuff is rounding out the game, and the DLC adds new stuff to play those modes with.  

24. Re: New Titanfall Game Modes Coming Mar 26, 2014, 15:55 Creston

So new game modes will be in the DLC, but you'll get them even if you don't buy the DLC. So... why would people buy the DLC then?

43 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo