Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III Double XP Weekend

Blizzard announces they've upped the experience bonus in Diablo III to 100% for this last weekend before the release of the Reaper of Souls expansion for the action/RPG sequel:

This is it! We're unleashing Diablo III: Reaper of Souls™ for Windows and Mac on March 25. To celebrate—this weekend only—we're doubling down on the +50% Bonus XP that's already available in Diablo III, and boosting it all the way to +100% Bonus XP.

This +100% Bonus XP period ends on Monday, March 24 at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time. So, (if you need to) update your Diablo III game files here, log in this weekend, and rack up some last-minute Paragon Levels to aid you in your upcoming crusade against death itself.

View
57 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

57. Re: Diablo III Double XP Weekend Mar 23, 2014, 00:30 Verno

Thanks for the build man, I will give it a shot tomorrow. Appreciate it!  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

56. Re: Diablo III Double XP Weekend Mar 22, 2014, 22:31 OpticNerve

Hey Verno if you're reading this - I think you asked for a Multishot build for the Demon Hunter in an older D3 topic. There's actually a skill that works hand-in-hand with the skill which would let you pretty much endlessly build Hatred for you to spam Multishot as long as there's enough enemies to tag.

It basically requires you to use the following:

- Whatever main Builder attack skill you prefer.

- Multishot (Supression Fire rune): adds 1 Discipline for each enemy hit (max of 6 per MS attack).

- Preparation (Punishment rune): converts Discpline into Hatred, it basically turns MS into a feedback loop.

- Perfectionist passive: Lowers Discipline cost of skills by 10% plus it adds to Life, Armor and Resist All by 10%. This isn't entirely needed but it can help save some Discipline > Hatred cost.

- I would suggest picking another spender to use alongside these skills since this build is weak against single targets due to Multishot not having enough targets to generate Discipline. I'd recommend Cluster Arrow (Shooting Stars or the Loaded for Bear runes are popular) since that does so much damage now and that makes it one of the more popular spenders for the DH at the moment.

- Fill the rest with whatever skills you like. Some of the often used skills are Vault (Tumble) for mobility, Smoke Screen (Healing Vapors) for healing and a brief stealth, Companion (Wolf) for the huge 20% damage buff to you and party members when you activate the skill, Rain of Vengeance (Stampede) for knockback and a shitload of area damage.

This comment was edited on Mar 22, 2014, 22:52.

http://theopticnerve.deviantart.com

55. Re: Diablo III Double XP Weekend Mar 22, 2014, 20:59 Krovven

Axis wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 19:36:
All these D3 blips makes me wonder if Blue is now a blizzard employee...

...is an insult you dumb twit. You are calling him a shill.

If you have so much to do with your time, why do you keep posting in D3 threads? No need to answer that rhetorical question...I'm sure you are so very busy.

54. Re: Diablo III Double XP Weekend Mar 22, 2014, 18:45 Axis

Krovven wrote on Mar 22, 2014, 18:20:
Axis wrote on Mar 22, 2014, 15:44:
You guys still talking shit after all this time? All for an innocuous initial comment.

lol talk about pathetic...

And you have 8 posts in a 52 post thread, one of which insulting Blue, about a game you apparently don't care about. This is what's pathetic.

Oh quit yer drama, aint no personal insults anywhere in this thread except the ones toward me. I got thick skin and shit to do with my time -- I just can't believe you guys won't quit.

Yours truly,

Axis

53. Re: Diablo III Double XP Weekend Mar 22, 2014, 18:20 Krovven

Axis wrote on Mar 22, 2014, 15:44:
You guys still talking shit after all this time? All for an innocuous initial comment.

And you have 8 posts in a 52 post thread, one of which insulting Blue, about a game you apparently don't care about. This is what's pathetic.

52. Re: Diablo III Double XP Weekend Mar 22, 2014, 16:36 MoreLuckThanSkill

Krovven wrote on Mar 22, 2014, 14:27:
The timing of RoS kinda sucks for me however. I just started a new job in another town and I move next week. So aside from a few moments here and there I'm going to have to wait until the first week of April to really be able to dive in to RoS.

The plus side is I'll be avoiding the inevitable queues and server blips for the first few days.

Exactly, you won't miss out on much aside from excessive lag and some last minute bugs requiring hot fixes. I am debating not even buying it for a week or two, just to save myself the aggravation.

51. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 22, 2014, 15:46 Mashiki Amiketo

xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 22, 2014, 08:37:
I have replaced damn near all gear I had within 20 minutes with each character. The changes are THAT drastic.
About 50% of my wizards gear is still pre 2.0, I haven't found anything else to replace it with, mostly because it was already BiS. I have found a few things, especially rings and had two set items(tal rasha) that were serious upgrades. But for my monk and DH it was just like you said.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

50. Re: Diablo III Double XP Weekend Mar 22, 2014, 15:44 Axis

Yours truly,

Axis

49. Re: Diablo III Double XP Weekend Mar 22, 2014, 15:27 Dirwulf

Axis wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 23:50:
Prez wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 23:48:
Axis wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 23:46:
All those edits to that message Prez, all in attempt to insult me further.

You are acting like a child throwing a tantrum. I can almost see your hands shaking as you type your idiotic responses. Anyway there's hardly any need to insult you when you are making yourself look like an ass all on your own.

Dig deeper, it's workin for ya! More believable every letter. #21

Dude, I've never made a comment about you until now.

You are seriously delusional and a major douche.

48. Re: Diablo III Double XP Weekend Mar 22, 2014, 14:27 Krovven

The timing of RoS kinda sucks for me however. I just started a new job in another town and I move next week. So aside from a few moments here and there I'm going to have to wait until the first week of April to really be able to dive in to RoS.

The plus side is I'll be avoiding the inevitable queues and server blips for the first few days.

47. Re: Diablo III Double XP Weekend Mar 22, 2014, 14:10 Krovven

Axis wrote on Mar 21, 2014:

I couldn't care less, but man it's so obvious which posters do...

Then why are you still here posting crap to something you don't care about?

You are pathetic.

46. Re: Diablo III Double XP Weekend Mar 22, 2014, 12:24 Darks

Fletch wrote on Mar 22, 2014, 03:48:
Darks wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 23:14:
Fuck off dude and take your sarcastic bullshit with you. I think pretty much everyone here has had about enough you and your bullshit.

I took it as a joke. I mean... do you really think Axis has a legitimate concern that Stephen is a Blizzard employee? I registered here twelve and a half years ago and I've only posted 493 comments, so I'm not really up on all the forum machinations, dramas, and cliques. Also, I don't understand why some of you are acting so indignant and giving him so much shit, especially when the comment was so inane. If some of you have a problem with him, put him on Ignore. Problem solved. In the meantime, you're just filling the comments sections with off-topic chaff.

Pick your battles. All you are doing by ragging on him is stirring the shit. Since it's much easier to Ignore him than engage him, it makes me wonder if some of you look forward to his comments just so you can bitch.

@Darks

The truly ironic thing, Darks, is that I just took you off ignore so I could reply to your comment (saw it as a quote when reading someone else's comment). I don't remember exactly why I ignored you, but, yeah, had you on ignore.

Probably because Colonial Marines, I didn't agree with many of you that the game was terrible. and I still don't think its a bad game. but many piled on that game because of the demo released and many felt robbed because when the game came out it was missing many of those things. that have been addressed and fixed now. Its still a good fun game Coop.

As for Batman, I could care less if the guy has me on Ignore. Some people here are to sensitive and if that's how they cope with life so be it.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

45. Re: Diablo III Double XP Weekend Mar 22, 2014, 12:03 Julio

Did enough grinding today, stopping at 100 paragon.  

44. Re: Diablo III Double XP Weekend Mar 22, 2014, 11:17 HorrorScope

You guys spend a lot for 3rd Chances ARPG's.  

43. Re: Diablo III Double XP Weekend Mar 22, 2014, 10:30 Steele Johnson

Feed a troll, ruin a thread. Good going, guys.  

42. Re: Diablo III Double XP Weekend Mar 22, 2014, 10:13 Fion

I'm gonna lvl a few alts to 60 over the weekend. Should be super easy with my guild doing power lvling and the 100% xp bonus.  

41. Re: Diablo III Double XP Weekend Mar 22, 2014, 08:49 peteham

I recommend just playing whatever you think is fun and not worry too much about optimizing paragon levels. They'll roll in on their own over time, anyway. You can reasonably expect XP to roll in at a faster rate at level 70 than it does now at 60, even with the XP bonus. And aside from that, most legendaries you find now will useless in a couple of days. This especially goes for weapons, where 1400dps is pretty good these days but RoS loot has twice that.

Some item types seem to not be as good as their vanilla counterparts (no longer obtainable), since there just aren't enough stats on the new items. I haven't found any jewelry better than what I already had (cc, cd and ias). The 500+ mainstat rolls you get on new loot doesn't offset the lack of trifecta on these key items.

40. Re: Diablo III Double XP Weekend Mar 22, 2014, 08:37 xXBatmanXx

Redmask wrote on Mar 22, 2014, 08:30:

I am playing on my friends account using a Monk, having a pretty good time so far but I can see myself getting tired of this game fast once you unlock all of the runes/skills since there doesn't seem to much depth beyond that.

I play for a few weeks, let them change/update/tweak a bunch of things, then come back. The Loot 2.0 was an easy reason to play more, and as OpticNerve said, I was working on getting all of my toons to 60 to share gear.

I have replaced damn near all gear I had within 20 minutes with each character. The changes are THAT drastic.

But I agree - not sure how long I will play after going through the new content this week.

This month and next there are a substantial amount of new games that will catch my interest....so I will put D3 and the expansion on the back burner and let them work on things.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

39. Re: Diablo III Double XP Weekend Mar 22, 2014, 08:30 Redmask

No one cares, keep your personal beef to private message or live with the fact that not everyone in the world will like you.

I am playing on my friends account using a Monk, having a pretty good time so far but I can see myself getting tired of this game fast once you unlock all of the runes/skills since there doesn't seem to much depth beyond that.

38. Re: Diablo III Double XP Weekend Mar 22, 2014, 06:27 Quinn

Btw, xXBatmanXx ignores the following ppl in this thread:

1. Axis
2. jacobvandy
3. rossafur
4. Darks
5. Me

I'm quite sure xXBatmanXx is a kind of person who starts foaming and twitching his eye any time he's getting any resistance from people in real life. Maybe muttering "ignore! ignore!" as he stumbles away, his last ounce of sanity keeping him from a murdering rampage.

Heh, it's fun to talk about someone who's practically in the same room.. knowing he just can't hear you.

70+ people on his ignore list. Nutjob.

OpticNerve wrote on Mar 22, 2014, 06:25:
It's hard to pick since there's upsides to each. Getting a bunch of Paragon levels now will give a boost to all of your characters from the start but once RoS arrives, you'll have to put Paragon leveling on hold until you reach level 70 with a character. On the other hand, getting different characters to 60 now will let them experience the RoS content right away once it hits.

I'd personally recommend leveling up characters to 60 this weekend first so you'd have more characters to experience the new RoS content right off the bat. Plus if you find a legendary for another class, you don't have to slog through 60+ levels of non-boosted-xp for a new class before they can use it.

Quinn wrote on Mar 22, 2014, 05:47:
Altight so Paragon levels make a change sooner than in the hundreds huh? i think I'll lvl the paragon levels before release then.

Or... is it smarter to level another class I'm interested in to 60 with this bonus? I would like the advice of you guys on this. Dilemma! xP

You convinced me Wife's away the whole saturday! *starts up D3 to level his lvl 37 Demon Hunter*

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

57 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo