Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Unreal Engine 4 Tools Video

Here's a new trailer that's being shown at the Game Developers Conference to demonstrate the tools in Unreal Engine 4. Word is: "In this video, Zak Parrish, senior technical writer at Epic Games, walks viewers through some of UE4's popular features, such as the new material system, Blueprints, VFX and level building."

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Unreal Engine 4 Tools Video Mar 22, 2014, 11:40 RenownWolf

Yeah jdreyer that's the plan.

I am doing my best to keep it optimized and the requirements low so that people could use their HTPC with some controllers plugged in to play on the sofa with their kids or have the choice to use their desktop.

Soon as I have my trailer, I'll nicely ask the Mr.Blue to post it. =) He's like the best you know (grovel grovel)

Nice NewMaxx, it's hard work hey? You think, yeah I'll make a game... then you have to follow it up with the hard work =D Good luck! And if you want to chat about UE4 down the track, never hesitate to drop me a line =) Hopefully by then I'll have a firm grasp of it.

http://www.renownwolf.com
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Unreal Engine 4 Tools Video Mar 22, 2014, 06:21 jdreyer

RenownWolf wrote on Mar 22, 2014, 02:02:
Got my artist making some nice art for a gameplay prototype/proof of concept scene at the moment. Trying to finish my planned games in Unity first, then it'll be fun times with Unreal 4.

Hopefully I can show you guys here some fun stuff using UE4 =)

The engine is a bit rough around the edges, but we got some old artwork in for a test and the effects look great, and with the right lighting setups it can really improve the look and feel of average artwork. So I guess with 4k-8k textures it'll look amazing!

Let us know when you have a trailer.

Also, will your game support local coop? This looks like something I could play on the sofa with the kids.

"phew. Was going to have nin get out of the van and go knock on the door...." - Bats

4. Re: Unreal Engine 4 Tools Video Mar 22, 2014, 06:19 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 21:10:
Effing sweet. Love that little demo at the end. Now let's see some PC games take advantage of this, yo!

You have to admit that demo looked pretty freakin' amazing for something rendered in real time.

"phew. Was going to have nin get out of the van and go knock on the door...." - Bats

3. Re: Unreal Engine 4 Tools Video Mar 22, 2014, 04:24 NewMaxx

Ah, very good to know, Wolf. Been working in Lua with Gideros lately but definitely keeping my eye on these recent developments!  

2. Re: Unreal Engine 4 Tools Video Mar 22, 2014, 02:02 RenownWolf

Got my artist making some nice art for a gameplay prototype/proof of concept scene at the moment. Trying to finish my planned games in Unity first, then it'll be fun times with Unreal 4.

Hopefully I can show you guys here some fun stuff using UE4 =)

The engine is a bit rough around the edges, but we got some old artwork in for a test and the effects look great, and with the right lighting setups it can really improve the look and feel of average artwork. So I guess with 4k-8k textures it'll look amazing!

http://www.renownwolf.com

1. Re: Unreal Engine 4 Tools Video Mar 21, 2014, 21:10 Cutter

Effing sweet. Love that little demo at the end. Now let's see some PC games take advantage of this, yo!

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo