Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Assassin's Creed Unity Announced

Ubisoft announces Assassin's Creed Unity is the next installment in the stealthy assassination series with this video revealing the game is set during the French Revolution. The clip concludes saying the game is expected this holiday season, and shows logos for the following systems: PC, Xbox One, and PS4. Word is: "We have been working on the new Assassin’s Creed for more than three years, and wanted to find the perfect time to give you an early taste of the game. Apparently though, the Templar Order was hungry to know more right now. To this, we say “Qu'ils mangent de la brioche!” (“Let them eat cake!”). Help yourself to a serving of the first official footage from the next-gen only Assassin’s Creed Unity. Stay tuned - we'll have many more exciting details for you in the future."

View
30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

10. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Announced Mar 21, 2014, 15:53 1badmf

if they really wanted to cut ties with the past -literally- they should just do a modern AC with tech out the wazoo. throw all the series conventions out the window and let a new reputable studio take a crack at it.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Announced Mar 21, 2014, 14:48 Bundy

Flatline wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 14:47:

While I don't mind the French Revolution, why not skip forward like 5 years and do the Napoleonic Wars? You already have the naval combat engine and that was a global conflict.

I suspect that'll be covered. AC3 covered a 20 year timespan. AC4 was about a decade or so. Maybe a bit more.

8. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Announced Mar 21, 2014, 14:47 Flatline

Verno wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 14:35:
NegaDeath wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 14:18:
I enjoyed 4 for all the naval stuff and shanties it brought, but I'm really really tired of the on foot stuff. I don't think I can stomach climbing a viewpoint for the millionth time. Or a follow mission.

Agreed. It's just old at this point. I think the French Revolution is a great period of history for a game but at this point I'm pretty far into franchise fatigue. Without the naval combat to prop it up I doubt I would be interested in more of the same. I'd like to see some dramatic changes to several areas of the game. With 800 people working on these things you would think they could do more than the repetitive stuff we've been seeing.

While I don't mind the French Revolution, why not skip forward like 5 years and do the Napoleonic Wars? You already have the naval combat engine and that was a global conflict.

7. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Announced Mar 21, 2014, 14:40 Bundy

Verno wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 14:35:
Agreed. It's just old at this point. I think the French Revolution is a great period of history for a game but at this point I'm pretty far into franchise fatigue. Without the naval combat to prop it up I doubt I would be interested in more of the same. I'd like to see some dramatic changes to several areas of the game. With 800 people working on these things you would think they could do more than the repetitive stuff we've been seeing.

True. The follow missions need to go. They've never been fun. Not once. Ever. Frankly I'm not too crazy about being an assassin. The best part about the games was the open world adventure. Black Flag exemplified this by letting us sail wherever we wanted, diving out and going where ever we wanted to on the island. Until, begrudgingly, I decided I had to keep moving along and resumed the main mission. Which was of course to follow some boring NPC for a mile, only to fail the mission right at the freaking end when I'm spotted and have to start over again.

6. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Announced Mar 21, 2014, 14:35 Verno

NegaDeath wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 14:18:
I enjoyed 4 for all the naval stuff and shanties it brought, but I'm really really tired of the on foot stuff. I don't think I can stomach climbing a viewpoint for the millionth time. Or a follow mission.

Playing: Dark Souls 2
Watching: Legends, Intruders, Apocalypse Now

5. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Announced Mar 21, 2014, 14:24 Bundy

Yeah, they need to go back and do some story work as well. The combat has been improving a bit with each game, but not dramatically. It's still not up to the level of Arkahm. For me, I enjoyed the whole precursor race and saving the world bit while it lasted (I'm not going to get into the enormously anti-climactic ending). But now that the world is saved, I'm not sure why we care about the whole conflict. Are we going to have to stop the Templar's from enslaving humanity in every game?

I dunno, I'll still get this one, cause I really enjoy the leap back into history. And it's one of the better AAA series overall. Hasn't gotten as stale as CoD yet. But that might just be because I got to be a pirate the last time. Man, everytime I stepped out of the animus ingame, I felt a great pity for my real-life life.

4. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Announced Mar 21, 2014, 14:18 mellis

Verno wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 12:53:
Meh, AC4 was good but the games are stuck in a rut. They need to totally change up the combat systems at a minimum and have less repetition in the side activities. AC4 would not have been well received without the fun distraction of the naval stuff.

Agreed, the combat is awful. You basically cannot lose since enemies only attack you one-by-one even when they surround you. Your character is more akin to a tank than an Assassin.

3. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Announced Mar 21, 2014, 14:18 NegaDeath

2. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Announced Mar 21, 2014, 13:31 xXBatmanXx

Man, I can't keep up. Just getting into II, and enjoying it.....  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

1. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Announced Mar 21, 2014, 12:53 Verno

Meh, AC4 was good but the games are stuck in a rut. They need to totally change up the combat systems at a minimum and have less repetition in the side activities. AC4 would not have been well received without the fun distraction of the naval stuff.  

Playing: Dark Souls 2
Watching: Legends, Intruders, Apocalypse Now

30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo