Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Next CoD Sledgehammer's "Most Ambitious, Most Creative" Game

Creativity is not always the first word that comes to mind when considering the current crop of annual military shooter sequels, but Sledgehammer Games cofounder Glen Schofield told GDC attendees that this year's (still unannounced) installment in the Call of Duty series represents a pinnacle of innovation for him and Sledgehammer cofounder Michael Condrey, according to GameSpot. The pair pioneered the Dead Space series when they ran Visceral Games, but Schofield calls their new CoD the "most ambitious, most creative game we've ever made." There are no specifics about their plans to back up this claim.

View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 22, 2014, 03:41 Rigs

While I agree that COD is the ultimate in 'beating a dead and slaughtered horse-like substance' (next to the recent Resident Evil and Mario games) but since there are three studios doing this now, imagine, if you will, if they all did separate games that ran on ONE storyline...a little like Assassins Creed (but by three different studios) in scope, with each one that came out would be an episode (similar to what HL2 should have been). Do you think that would ease the rut the series is in? I ask because I am NOT a COD fan (except for maybe the first one), I've never liked things being scripted to the point that the game basically holds your hand like a little child ("SHOOT THE DOOR HINGES!!!"). Even with the first, when you were in a squad, going down what amounted to a narrow corridor (that didn't look like one, mind you), I hated having to shoot the bad guys as fast as I could because if I didn't, 'oh, too slow - bang!', my 'teammates' would do it for me. I HATE THAT SHIT! What's the fuckin' point of playing a game if the computer is going to do the shooting for me?!?

Anyway, I have played all the COD's except BLOPS2 (that first intro mission in Africa just killed my 'excitement' right off the bat) but haven't finished any of them. Plus I'm not a multi kind of guy either. I like a good single player campaign (good as in, not a 'push a button to continue the movie...uh, I mean, story') and I thought that, though short as it was, BF3's single player was pretty decent. Especially compared to the alternative. I haven't been able to get far in BF4's single player because it crashes on me as soon as I get to the top of the building in the first China mission (to get on the chopper....'GET TO THE 'CHOPPA'!!!)...

So, tl'dr - Keep calm and...GET TO THE CHOPPA!!!

=-Rigs-=

'We talked about peace! You didn't want peace. We talked about cooperation! You didn't WANT cooperation. You WANT war! Is that it? You want a war? Well, you've GOT a war!'
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Next CoD Sledgehammer's Mar 22, 2014, 00:25 [VG]Reagle

"Most Ambitious, Most Creative" -----Sooooooooo they basically are going to shove the same CRAP down our throat again then  

I am MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH better now.

17. Re: Next CoD Sledgehammer's Mar 21, 2014, 19:54 DangerDog

Wall running confirmed  

16. Re: Next CoD Sledgehammer's Mar 21, 2014, 19:29 BobBob

I have still yet to play an FPS that is as fun as Quake 1 (QuakeWorld). Quake 3 came close, but still not quite the same.  
http://tinyurl.com/WeatherImmunity Whew

15. Re: Next CoD Sledgehammer's Mar 21, 2014, 18:33 Beamer

Creston wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 18:32:
nin wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 11:57:
Creston wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 11:52:
{dismissive}Wank wank wank wank wank.{/dismissive}

Maybe Frans can code that for you.

Or an emoticon? That'd be a riot!

A :-dismissivewank-: smiley would be the Best Thing Ever.

In light of the theme of the past few weeks, I'd recommend that smiley be a bird.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

14. Re: Next CoD Sledgehammer's Mar 21, 2014, 18:32 Creston

nin wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 11:57:

A :-dismissivewank-: smiley would be the Best Thing Ever.

13. I actually enjoy the CoD games... Mar 21, 2014, 17:25 JohnBirshire

I've been a hardcore gamer my entire life, ever since I began playing the Commodore 64 over three decades ago. If I were to list my top 10 favorite games of all time, not a single one of them was released in the last 10 years. That being said, I actually love playing some of the CoD games. I don't buy every annual addition, but I've bought and played 4 of them, and definitely got my money's worth. I also have been trolled/flamed/shit talked extensively more in almost every MMO or multiplayer online game I've ever played than I have in any CoD. I simply don't understand all the hate they get from elitist wannabe's, I think they simply have way too much freetime.

12. Re: Next CoD Sledgehammer's Mar 21, 2014, 16:54 Whiskers

They'll have 2 dogs this time!  

11. Re: Next CoD Sledgehammer's Mar 21, 2014, 16:38 jdreyer

Playing Fappy Bird?

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

10. Re: Next CoD Sledgehammer's Mar 21, 2014, 16:37 jdreyer

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 11:14:
Wonder when will people stop buying this crap and play something else.
Wish Titanfall was across all platforms so Playstation players could get their CoD fix without actually playing CoD.
BF4 is on PS. Does that not scratch the itch?

9. Re: Next CoD Sledgehammer's Mar 21, 2014, 16:36 jdreyer

The words "CoD" and "creative" should never appear in the same sentence.  

8. Re: Next CoD Sledgehammer's Mar 21, 2014, 11:57 nin

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

7. Re: Next CoD Sledgehammer's Mar 21, 2014, 11:52 Creston

6. Re: Next CoD Sledgehammer's Mar 21, 2014, 11:51 SpectralMeat

Qbex . wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 11:38:
I reckon by innovation he means its just like a movie, you only have to press one button and watch the rest of "awesome" unfold while you keep your mouth open.

Something along those lines

Steam: SpectralMeat

5. Re: Next CoD Sledgehammer's Mar 21, 2014, 11:38 Qbex .

"...Call of Duty series represents a pinnacle of innovation..." - definition of oxymoron right there. LOL that's a good one, I got a good giggle from that, shame he did not elaborate, I reckon by innovation he means its just like a movie, you only have to press one button and watch the rest of "awesome" unfold while you keep your mouth open. Ehm , no thanks  

4. Re: Next CoD Sledgehammer's Mar 21, 2014, 11:14 SpectralMeat

Wonder when will people stop buying this crap and play something else.
Wish Titanfall was across all platforms so Playstation players could get their CoD fix without actually playing CoD.

3. Re: Next CoD Sledgehammer's Mar 21, 2014, 11:03 Beamer

Verno wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 10:57:
Yeah CoD is really in a rut, they need to *gasp* let them take a year off and produce something with new features.

They did. 3 studios do it now, so instead of 18 months they have 30. Maybe not for this edition, but you'll start seeing that pay off.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

2. Re: Next CoD Sledgehammer's Mar 21, 2014, 10:57 Verno

Yeah CoD is really in a rut, they need to *gasp* let them take a year off and produce something with new features.  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below

1. Re: Next CoD Sledgehammer's Mar 21, 2014, 09:54 SpectralMeat

The PR department should come up with some new hype words, these ones are getting boring and repetitive. Every year the same "Most Ambitious, Most Creative" crap and then we get stuff like fish Ai.

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo