Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Interviews

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Morning Interviews Mar 22, 2014, 02:01 Jensen

jdreyer wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 19:05:
That's true. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons comes to mind. Had the studio decided to do that in 8 bit instead of UE3, the game would have completely lost it's impact and sense of wonder.
Well yeah.... the gameplay wasn't that great. I did love the area with the giants,though. The other thing I liked is that the game mechanics and the story fit together well, especially near the end.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Morning Interviews Mar 21, 2014, 19:05 jdreyer

killer_roach wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 17:14:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 16:43:
Although I know it's not everyone's favorite, there have been some fantastic games made with UE3. I'm really excited to see what will be made with UE4.

Not just some fantastic games, but some made by very small studios in surprisingly short amounts of time. This last generation of game engines have really flattened the capabilities of developers, and that's a good thing - makes it that much easier for a small group of people with good ideas to make a surprisingly decent game, and make it look and behave like something that came from a studio with considerably greater resources. (Quite possibly the biggest revolution amongst indie studios lately has been the improvement in polish in games from studios that actually care about such things, and these newer engines do go a long way to contributing to that.)

That's true. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons comes to mind. Had the studio decided to do that in 8 bit instead of UE3, the game would have completely lost it's impact and sense of wonder.

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

3. Re: Morning Interviews Mar 21, 2014, 18:51 Cutter

Although I know it's not everyone's favorite, there have been some fantastic games made with UE3. I'm really excited to see what will be made with UE4.

Indeed. Let's face it, the tech demos they've released with it have been super fucking impressive! Seeing those visuals translate into good games? Anxious to see, I am. :-yoda-:

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

2. Re: Morning Interviews Mar 21, 2014, 17:14 killer_roach

Not just some fantastic games, but some made by very small studios in surprisingly short amounts of time. This last generation of game engines have really flattened the capabilities of developers, and that's a good thing - makes it that much easier for a small group of people with good ideas to make a surprisingly decent game, and make it look and behave like something that came from a studio with considerably greater resources. (Quite possibly the biggest revolution amongst indie studios lately has been the improvement in polish in games from studios that actually care about such things, and these newer engines do go a long way to contributing to that.)

1. Re: Morning Interviews Mar 21, 2014, 16:43 jdreyer

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo