Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III Reaper of Souls New Skill Videos

Battle.net now offers a series of videos from Diablo III showing off new character skills to be introduced in next week's Reaper of Souls expansion for the action/RPG sequel. These clips are barely over Vine-size, running from five to 18 seconds, showing off the Barbarian's Avalanche, the Demon Hunter's Vengeance, the Monk's Epiphany, the Witch Doctor's Piranhas, and the Wizard's Black Hole. They have a popularity poll showing that the readership thinks the Black Hole does not suck at all, while there's a tie for least popular new skill with the sudden realization that epiphany is not all that enlightening, though dissatisfaction with Avalanche prevents that from being a landslide.

View
38 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

18. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls New Skill Videos Mar 20, 2014, 15:51 Axis

Krovven wrote on Mar 20, 2014, 15:37:
Axis wrote on Mar 20, 2014, 14:55:
Hey you like it, fine. But a headline "news" popularity poll on a skill is laughable, and proves how very little there is to talk about with the game.

So if you are fine with other people liking it, and dont like it yourself, then why do you waste so much energy posting shit in practically every D3 related thread? Clearly there is plenty to talk about as D3 topics seem to be quiet popular. However PoE related threads have barely any interest. Maybe you are just butthurt about that?

I'm not a fan of PoE, it's ok, just doesn't do much for me. I have said the same for Torchlight 2 and Grim Dawn. Different strokes for different folks etc. But you don't see me in PoE threads trashing the game at every opportunity. It takes a special person with a bit of a problem to continue to do that month after month after month. And yes I'm calling you special, not in a good way.

So your excessive "glowing positives" in every D3 thread should be considered normal, while my "reality check" in a few are the ones remembered.

I'll take that.

Yours truly,

Axis
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls New Skill Videos Mar 20, 2014, 15:37 Krovven

Hey you like it, fine. But a headline "news" popularity poll on a skill is laughable, and proves how very little there is to talk about with the game.

So if you are fine with other people liking it, and dont like it yourself, then why do you waste so much energy posting shit in practically every D3 related thread? Clearly there is plenty to talk about as D3 topics seem to be quiet popular. However PoE related threads have barely any interest. Maybe you are just butthurt about that?

I'm not a fan of PoE, it's ok, just doesn't do much for me. I have said the same for Torchlight 2 and Grim Dawn. Different strokes for different folks etc. But you don't see me in PoE threads trashing the game at every opportunity. It takes a special person with a bit of a problem to continue to do that month after month after month. And yes I'm calling you special, not in a good way.

16. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls New Skill Videos Mar 20, 2014, 15:18 Verno

Game ain't worth shit.

I don't white knight like you Verno, I say it like it is.

I don't "white knight" anything, sorry you were mistaken.

Played d3 for 5 days, game bored me to tears. 1 day to 60, 4 days in torment, build dont matter - pick a generator, load up on your class stat and farm away hoping you get legendaries or sets that make it somewhat more interesting.

I'd say if you played for 5 days that you got your moneys worth but maybe you just value your time differently. I am not particularly invested one way or the other. In fact I've had quite a few arguments with people over the games flaws. But I think most people can find $20 worth of enjoyment in it.

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

15. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls New Skill Videos Mar 20, 2014, 15:13 Axis

AngelicPenguin wrote on Mar 20, 2014, 15:05:
Verno wrote on Mar 20, 2014, 14:12:
Axis wrote on Mar 20, 2014, 09:31:
lol polls on character skills in an ARPG.

When you have no real build opinions within the characters... you do silly character polls like these. Easy pass, the core game is too basic waste of $20 as is.

Your butthurt over not-PoE games is pretty amusing.

The game is easily worth $20.00, even moreso since the big patch.

Game ain't worth shit.

I don't white knight like you Verno, I say it like it is. I ain't impressed with PoE's latest leagues, stated it several times. So ya, wrong again.

Played d3 for 5 days, game bored me to tears. 1 day to 60, 4 days in torment, build dont matter - pick a generator, load up on your class stat and farm away hoping you get legendaries or sets that make it somewhat more interesting.

D3 has psudeo builds, little strategy, minimal challenge, and not near a "high end production" I keep reading about except for over the top effects and physics - you can see all it offers in the 1st act skelly and I did that run plenty in friends and family. It' the closest thing to an ARPG slot machine I've ever played.

We get it - you don't like it. You can just post "I do not like D3" in every thread and we will have your input. I don't like POE, so I simply avoid any threads about POE.

Oh if I posted in every D3 thread on blues I'd be posting for weeks - blues has a D3 fetish or something...

And I fling poop *back*, I never make it personal - you do.

Yours truly,

Axis

14. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls New Skill Videos Mar 20, 2014, 15:10 nin

Dear god! Don't quote him! Axis flings more poop than a sanitation engineer.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

13. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls New Skill Videos Mar 20, 2014, 15:05 AngelicPenguin

When you have no real build opinions within the characters... you do silly character polls like these. Easy pass, the core game is too basic waste of $20 as is.

Game ain't worth shit.

I don't white knight like you Verno, I say it like it is. I ain't impressed with PoE's latest leagues, stated it several times. So ya, wrong again.

D3 has psudeo builds, little strategy, minimal challenge, and not near a "high end production" I keep reading about except for over the top effects and physics - you can see all it offers in the 1st act skelly and I did that run plenty in friends and family. It' the closest thing to an ARPG slot machine I've ever played.

We get it - you don't like it. You can just post "I do not like D3" in every thread and we will have your input. I don't like POE, so I simply avoid any threads about POE.

12. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls New Skill Videos Mar 20, 2014, 14:55 Axis

Game ain't worth shit.

Yours truly,

Axis

11. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls New Skill Videos Mar 20, 2014, 14:12 Verno

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

10. Re: Diablo III Auction Houses Shutting Down Next Year Mar 20, 2014, 13:14 Stin

What!?!? 9 comments so far, and nothing on Blue's epic Dad-humour-esque writeup? I will not stand for it.

Kudos Blue for starting my day with great bad jokes.

--
Stin

9. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls New Skill Videos Mar 20, 2014, 12:52 LgFriess

Had a coupon from Best Buy to burn... picked up D3 for $10. Just started playing this morning. Fun so far. There is an immediate sense of an upgrade to character motion/action/combat and tremendous polish vs. Path of Exile. I guess you'd expect that from Blizzard. Depth? No idea, I just hit level 10 on my wizard.

I refused it upon release due to, well, what it was (AH simulator). Seeing that they've tried to correct quite a few of the mistakes, I'm sure I'll get my $10 out of it and hopefully a lot more.

At least it's another game to burn the time until Pillars of Eternity comes out.

8. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls New Skill Videos Mar 20, 2014, 12:28 Darks

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 20, 2014, 10:19:
nin wrote on Mar 20, 2014, 09:29:
I guess I wasn't aware until the video yesterday that other classes were getting new spells. That's pretty cool!
Well, for the levels 60-70 they'd pretty much have to, right? Don't think there is anything new south of 60...

Yea, but the new monk skill is kind of lame. Most Monks now are pull\buff monks. So that is a soloing skill.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

7. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls New Skill Videos Mar 20, 2014, 12:22 Darks

Armengar wrote on Mar 20, 2014, 11:34:
I dusted off D3 for a run. Probably first time ive played in over 6 months. It really has changed, its almost a different game now. My previous comfortable MP6 WD plays just fine in inferno 2, inferno 3 is tricky. My other characters are about the same level as I would expect too.

Loot wise, within 10 minutes I had a legendary that was an increas on my already decently kitted out WD. Same with my barbarian, some of the loot that was dropping was an upgrade.

Crafting is simple now, that is good. I did spend 10 minutes creating and deleting new characters to get a buffer of common debris from the starting equipment. Overall positive, i'll probably play a bit more this weekend.

If you want Whites for crafting, go to Act 1 and Halls of Agony, the weapon and torture racks are very plentiful. I can usually make 500 Whites in a few hours.

Half Elf? I messaged you yesterday, but you didnít answer up. I was going to invite you to our game. We usually run Torment 3 so the XP is very good. If my brother is on, we run torment 5. at your level, you will level up 10 or more times running with us.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

6. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls New Skill Videos Mar 20, 2014, 11:34 Armengar

I dusted off D3 for a run. Probably first time ive played in over 6 months. It really has changed, its almost a different game now. My previous comfortable MP6 WD plays just fine in inferno 2, inferno 3 is tricky. My other characters are about the same level as I would expect too.

Loot wise, within 10 minutes I had a legendary that was an increas on my already decently kitted out WD. Same with my barbarian, some of the loot that was dropping was an upgrade.

Crafting is simple now, that is good. I did spend 10 minutes creating and deleting new characters to get a buffer of common debris from the starting equipment. Overall positive, i'll probably play a bit more this weekend.

Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.

5. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls New Skill Videos Mar 20, 2014, 10:55 Rhett

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 20, 2014, 10:19:
I guess I wasn't aware until the video yesterday that other classes were getting new spells. That's pretty cool!
Well, for the levels 60-70 they'd pretty much have to, right? Don't think there is anything new south of 60...

Some runes changed quite a bit to be more useful. The occasional skill was completely revamped (a barb fury spender was changed into a generator!). But yeah, there's like 3 new passives + 1 new skill per class. As well as a 4th passive slot opening up at 70.

4. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls New Skill Videos Mar 20, 2014, 10:19 Mr. Tact

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

3. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls New Skill Videos Mar 20, 2014, 09:57 The Half Elf

deger is that you?

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

2. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls New Skill Videos Mar 20, 2014, 09:31 Axis

Yours truly,

Axis

1. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls New Skill Videos Mar 20, 2014, 09:29 nin

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

38 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo