Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III Reaper of Souls New Skill Videos

Battle.net now offers a series of videos from Diablo III showing off new character skills to be introduced in next week's Reaper of Souls expansion for the action/RPG sequel. These clips are barely over Vine-size, running from five to 18 seconds, showing off the Barbarian's Avalanche, the Demon Hunter's Vengeance, the Monk's Epiphany, the Witch Doctor's Piranhas, and the Wizard's Black Hole. They have a popularity poll showing that the readership thinks the Black Hole does not suck at all, while there's a tie for least popular new skill with the sudden realization that epiphany is not all that enlightening, though dissatisfaction with Avalanche prevents that from being a landslide.

View
38 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

38. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls New Skill Videos Mar 21, 2014, 13:18 Axis

Krovven wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 12:32:
AngelicPenguin wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 11:01:
Fletch wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 09:00:
AngelicPenguin wrote on Mar 20, 2014, 15:05:
We get it - you don't like it. You can just post "I do not like D3" in every thread and we will have your input.

We get it - you like it. You can just post "I like D3" in every thread and we will have your input.

My point was that there was no substance to what he posted, so saying "I do not like D3" was just as meaningful. Typically when I post about the game, I have something concrete to add.

Exactly. And he had nothing concrete to ever add before because as he just admitted he had only just bought the game a week or so ago. Then even now all he could do was gripe about Blizz having a poll on the new skills, because that was somehow a bad thing.

Likewise, even though I don't like PoE, I have made a few comments about it in the last couple years, but I don't repeat myself like a broken record about PoE's problems and praise D3 in every PoE related thread.

If you don't care about how ridiculous you sound just keep assuming I don't have friends, assume I have zero gaming experience, and don't read my past posts on D3.

Yours truly,

Axis
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

37. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls New Skill Videos Mar 21, 2014, 12:32 Krovven

AngelicPenguin wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 11:01:
We get it - you don't like it. You can just post "I do not like D3" in every thread and we will have your input.

We get it - you like it. You can just post "I like D3" in every thread and we will have your input.

My point was that there was no substance to what he posted, so saying "I do not like D3" was just as meaningful. Typically when I post about the game, I have something concrete to add.

Exactly. And he had nothing concrete to ever add before because as he just admitted he had only just bought the game a week or so ago. Then even now all he could do was gripe about Blizz having a poll on the new skills, because that was somehow a bad thing.

Likewise, even though I don't like PoE, I have made a few comments about it in the last couple years, but I don't repeat myself like a broken record about PoE's problems and praise D3 in every PoE related thread.

36. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls New Skill Videos Mar 21, 2014, 11:55 Verno

Fletch wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 08:58:
Personally, I want people who have negative things to say about a game to post comments. I want to know why they don't like it, as it may help me decide if I would like it. Unless Blue imposed a rule recently that comments are for fanboys only, I don't see a problem.

It's not really a problem, I am the same way. Likewise there is nothing wrong with pointing out that people who just mindlessly thread dump so they can evangelize some other game are being stupid.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Destiny, Fire Emblem
Watching: Continuum, Star Trek TNG, Haunt

35. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls New Skill Videos Mar 21, 2014, 11:01 AngelicPenguin

34. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls New Skill Videos Mar 21, 2014, 10:57 AngelicPenguin

InBlack wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 02:18:
My take:

The builds that work are the same ones that worked prior to Loot 2.0.

Someone either never played wizard before or completely forgot what builds were viable pre-2.0 and what are now.

33. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls New Skill Videos Mar 21, 2014, 09:11 nin

I think there's a clear difference in people discussing why changes have had a positive impact on the game, and someone who comes into every thread with the specific purpose of shitting on everything, in a sad effort to be noticed.

It's like the small child that keeps acting out - they're doing it for gratification and the hopes of someone paying attention to them.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

32. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls New Skill Videos Mar 21, 2014, 09:00 Fletch

31. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls New Skill Videos Mar 21, 2014, 08:58 Fletch

Krovven wrote on Mar 20, 2014, 16:06:
Aside from that...how is it shocking to you that someone that likes the game posts positive things in threads related to that topic and discusses those things with others that are also enjoying the game? You sure are special if you think this is some sort of abnormality.

Aside from that...how is it shocking to you that someone that dislikes the game posts negative things in threads related to that topic and discusses those things with others that may or may not be disappointed with the game? You sure are special if you think this is some sort of abnormality.

Personally, I want people who have negative things to say about a game to post comments. I want to know why they don't like it, as it may help me decide if I would like it. Unless Blue imposed a rule recently that comments are for fanboys only, I don't see a problem.

30. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls New Skill Videos Mar 21, 2014, 02:18 InBlack

My take:

Got two characters to 60 since the new patch. Monk and Wizard (hardcore). The biggest difference is the 50% extra XP buff that allows for very fast leveling and the difficulty sliders. These are welcome changes but do they really make for compelling gameplay?? Well its less boring as you dont have to run the game so many times. The new loot is great. My Monk and Wizard are death dealers from Planet Destruction of Demons. Compelling gameplay? Better then before, I will concede that but how much better??

Right now they took what was a co-op or single player game with tacked on MMO elements and an auction house, and turned it into....A co-op Single player game with no MMO elements and no auction house.

Clans? Great idea. But what's their use? Really? What is the difference between a clan and a friends list??

Public games are mostly empty. A few days ago I spent half an hour trying to join a public game to kill Asmodan on Master difficulty. Couldnt. Hmmmm. Most of the time I opened my games to the public and exactly 0 people joined in all the time i did so. Yay for Bnet 2.0!

Now to the final trick upon which the whole balance of the game hangs. Loot 2.0. I mentioned its great. Now I will mention why its not so great. The best items are once again legendaries and sets which is as it should be. They are bound on account though so forget about trading them with your friends. Yay. You get a stupid timer for trading them within your party (if you are inclined to play with friends). Forget about finding a super rare item and trading your way up to riches.

The classes all play basically the same as before Loot 2.0. The loot should basically work to augment your character skills and in a way it does, but it doesnt fundamentaly change the way the game played from before. Some of the legendary 'specials' are fun, but Ive yet to see a gamechanger or indeed an item that would allow me to build a character around a skill that was completely useless.

Yes friends, most of your skills are still completely useless before. The builds that work are the same ones that worked prior to Loot 2.0. The uninspired skill trees are well still uninspired and hardly trees.

To conclude, yes D3 is better now than it was at launch. But its still not a worthy D2 sequel. I doubt that the expansion will make it one either. (ONE NEW SKILL PER CLASS YAY!!) If you like finding 'shiny' cool loot then yeah, D3 is for you. If you enjoyed the metagame of D2 and liked building strange and fun builds for PvP or just for kicks then sadly there is nothing in D3 for you.

This comment was edited on Mar 21, 2014, 02:25.

I have a nifty blue line!

29. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls New Skill Videos Mar 21, 2014, 01:04 AngelicPenguin

Ward wrote on Mar 20, 2014, 23:32:
...refusing to accept on-line always and the uninspiring skill-tree

so these have changed?

Seriously Optional Nickname! you make some excellent point but you forgot the story was the worst.. ever... i mean ever...that could of been written.

Dunno - have you seen the Phantom Menace?

28. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls New Skill Videos Mar 20, 2014, 23:32 Ward

...refusing to accept on-line always and the uninspiring skill-tree

so these have changed?

Seriously Optional Nickname! you make some excellent point but you forgot the story was the worst.. ever... i mean ever...that could of been written.

27. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls New Skill Videos Mar 20, 2014, 19:26 Darks

Quinn wrote on Mar 20, 2014, 18:08:
Blizzard oh Blizzard, how do you do it...

I hated D3 when it first came out. Felt like I took my 50 bucks at lit it on fire. But now there's Loot 2.0 and an expansion is coming out with a proper ominous mood that the title deserves. And damn, a Paladin class. Finally they're done trying to do some other weird ass class. If only they changed that fragile voodoo grandpa into a proper Necromancer.

Still not sure if I'm gonna pay 27 euros for RoS. I've enjoyed hours of leveling my barb to 60 the last few days but I wouldn't be surprised if one day very soon the game suddenly feels bled dry to me...

Come now Quinn, don't all games at some point feel bled?

I think the Add-on is going to be pretty good, I've enjoyed the new 2.0 loot. but we haven't even seen loot 2.0 at level 70 yet. Cant wait!

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

26. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls New Skill Videos Mar 20, 2014, 18:08 Quinn

Blizzard oh Blizzard, how do you do it...

I hated D3 when it first came out. Felt like I took my 50 bucks at lit it on fire. But now there's Loot 2.0 and an expansion is coming out with a proper ominous mood that the title deserves. And damn, a Paladin class. Finally they're done trying to do some other weird ass class. If only they changed that fragile voodoo grandpa into a proper Necromancer.

Still not sure if I'm gonna pay 27 euros for RoS. I've enjoyed hours of leveling my barb to 60 the last few days but I wouldn't be surprised if one day very soon the game suddenly feels bled dry to me...

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

25. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls New Skill Videos Mar 20, 2014, 17:32 AngelicPenguin

Verno wrote on Mar 20, 2014, 16:33:
I'll check it out later for sure. I'd really like a decent multishot build like I used to have but it just feels way weaker than it used to be.

I haven't yet tried my demon hunter in 2.0 but I know in the RoS beta everyone was loving Cluster Arrow.

The demon hunter lifer I play with has mostly still been using Bombardment, though, but we've been doing COTA mostly.

24. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls New Skill Videos Mar 20, 2014, 16:44 Darks

Verno wrote on Mar 20, 2014, 16:33:
I'll check it out later for sure. I'd really like a decent multishot build like I used to have but it just feels way weaker than it used to be.

Might be your gear Verno, Do you have a lot of Crit and Attack speed? Those are vital for the DH.

I have a few Windforces, might be better than what u have now.

I have a Manticore two socketed. So I donít need the Windforce. Look me up if you want to check them out.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

23. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls New Skill Videos Mar 20, 2014, 16:33 Verno

22. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls New Skill Videos Mar 20, 2014, 16:33 Optional Nickname!

Axis wrote on Mar 20, 2014, 15:51:
So your excessive "glowing positives" in every D3 thread should be considered normal, while my "reality check" in a few are the ones remembered.

I'll take that.

Like you, I consider D3 to be an absurd total failure for reasons real and imagined.

The D3 'optimists' are hoping that their optimism will effect positive change in D3, perhaps making the game into what D3 should have been.

None of you substantially disagree on D3's reception but you do disagree on its potential final state. Some think it will never work, some do. That is a debatable topic.

What the optimists should remember is that calling D3 out as a failure is partly what effected positive change. Lambasting the RMAH, refusing to accept on-line always, bemoaning the impotent loot-drops and the uninspiring skill-tree were and still are necessary topics for the gamer to gently remind the developers that they are writing a game and not some slightly fraudulent financial microcosm.

21. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls New Skill Videos Mar 20, 2014, 16:28 Krovven

Verno check my DH, search D3 Bnet for Krovven#1128. I'm using a Grenade build, but I've also gotten a few pieces of decent post patch gear.

The Cindercoat has +18 or 19% Dmg to fire skills, and 23% reduction to the cost of those skills. It was a drop I got while on my wiz, so it doesnt have Dex and only 1 socket but it still is better than my old Inna chest because of the stats. Add in the Grenade passive for more dmg and explosion range and I can spam Grenades for a long time without running out of Hatred. And I use Smoke Screen to avoid Dmg and get out of enemy CC abilities.

20. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls New Skill Videos Mar 20, 2014, 16:17 Verno

Anyways getting back to Diablo 3 I am not really feeling my Demon Hunter since the big rebalance patch. Maybe its just because I'm using a pre-patch Windforce or something but it just feels like I do less damage than before and can't get a satisfying skill setup. Gloom feels weird now too, I don't like the change. Grenades still feel terrible, Bolas are ok but I run with friends and we have enough visual effects going around as it is.

I keep going back to my Wizard as the most fun to play. I hope the Crusader is good though because I don't care for Monk or DH at all anymore.

19. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls New Skill Videos Mar 20, 2014, 16:06 Krovven

If you think I post nothing but positives maybe you should check the thread about Aus D3 servers from yesterday. I'm sure you already have and are just talking out of your ass as usual.

Aside from that...how is it shocking to you that someone that likes the game posts positive things in threads related to that topic and discusses those things with others that are also enjoying the game? You sure are special if you think this is some sort of abnormality.

Wasting time and energy constantly going out of your way to trash talk things you don't play and don't like, that is social abnormality. Considering you have now admitted to having only just bought and played the game recently, means you spent the last year and a half going out of your way trashing a game you hadn't even played, yet had claimed to. All the while trying to derail those D3 related threads into your praise of PoE because nobody was talking about it in PoE threads. That's just sad.

38 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo