Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

75 More Steam Greenlights

A Steam Community announcement reveals another 75 titles will be distributed on Steam thanks to Valve's Greenlight program. Here is the full list off all the new approvals.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: 75 More Steam Greenlights Mar 20, 2014, 17:41 Asmo

Jerykk wrote on Mar 20, 2014, 05:11:
I think you guys are exaggerating a bit when calling Steam "unusable." Sure, there are more releases now but it takes all of 5 seconds to look at each one. Check the new releases, click on titles that seem interesting, glance at a few screenshots, read the descriptions if you're still interested, done. It's a negligible investment of time and effort.

As for BoneTown, apparently the censored, non-XXX version was greenlit.

I would define it the same way I'd define a toilet seat with some shit , a bloody needle and a used condom on it. Sure, it's still usable, but who the fuck wants to go to all that hassle..? =)

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: 75 More Steam Greenlights Mar 20, 2014, 09:08 AlexSledge

I hope they segregate into at least two major groups - content truly worthy of promotion, and "the rest". Keep the proof of concept, early access, small market "cruft" out of my visibility until I am willing to explore out of the ordinary options for my entertainment.

Quite honestly I used to check the Apple App Store fairly regularly in the early days, but once the signal to noise ratio hit a certain level I stopped looking completely. It's word of mouth apps or those brought up in special interest forums that I occasionally check out (and buy if interesting enough).

Now as to the exact criteria - it can be as something simple as sales numbers - based on to-date including pre-order numbers, or complex including sales, critics reviews, player reviews, skewed by volume of votes, paid temporary promotion and the like. If anyone, Valve sure has the metrics.

Dang, now I wonder if the metrics gathering initiatives at Valve have any surveillance industry backing, financial or otherwise. Wouldn't have thought to ask a decade ago. Won't stop me from using it, though.

I should be coding.

11. Re: 75 More Steam Greenlights Mar 20, 2014, 05:11 Jerykk

I think you guys are exaggerating a bit when calling Steam "unusable." Sure, there are more releases now but it takes all of 5 seconds to look at each one. Check the new releases, click on titles that seem interesting, glance at a few screenshots, read the descriptions if you're still interested, done. It's a negligible investment of time and effort.

As for BoneTown, apparently the censored, non-XXX version was greenlit.

10. Re: 75 More Steam Greenlights Mar 20, 2014, 04:53 eRe4s3r

Frijoles wrote on Mar 20, 2014, 00:15:
Asmo wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 21:11:
Looking at some of the "greenlights", I think they need to institute a "red light" program to take some of the white noise out of the list...

I've stopped looking at the New Releases tab in Steam. There's so much trash there, the good games are getting lost in the list. I figure I'll hear about the better games from here at Blues or other places on the web. It used to be that I'd click every game on that New Release tab to see what it was. Haven't done that in a while though.

Same here, Steam has gotten completely unusable with all that junk they spam the release tab with.

9. Re: 75 More Steam Greenlights Mar 20, 2014, 00:15 Frijoles

Asmo wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 21:11:
Looking at some of the "greenlights", I think they need to institute a "red light" program to take some of the white noise out of the list...

I've stopped looking at the New Releases tab in Steam. There's so much trash there, the good games are getting lost in the list. I figure I'll hear about the better games from here at Blues or other places on the web. It used to be that I'd click every game on that New Release tab to see what it was. Haven't done that in a while though.

8. Re: 75 More Steam Greenlights Mar 19, 2014, 22:52 killer_roach

Rigs wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 22:06:
The 'Desert Thunder' game seems to be a PC 're-make' or 'clone' of the SEGA Model 2 arcade game 'Desert Tank'...as seen here: http://gamesdbase.com/game/sega-model-2/desert-tank.aspx

As for 'Desert Gunner'...that one (1) review seems to think it's the best damn thing to happen to STEAM, so apparently someone's happy...

=-Rigs-=

So apparently at least one person developed it...

7. Re: 75 More Steam Greenlights Mar 19, 2014, 22:06 Rigs

The 'Desert Thunder' game seems to be a PC 're-make' or 'clone' of the SEGA Model 2 arcade game 'Desert Tank'...as seen here: http://gamesdbase.com/game/sega-model-2/desert-tank.aspx

As for 'Desert Gunner'...that one (1) review seems to think it's the best damn thing to happen to STEAM, so apparently someone's happy...

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

6. Re: 75 More Steam Greenlights Mar 19, 2014, 21:11 Asmo

Some of these "games" are awful junk.

eg. Desert Gunner... http://store.steampowered.com/app/281260/

Watch the vid... Seriously, who would pay 5 bucks for that piece of crap.

Then there's this gem.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/283330/

Uck...

Now, I'm all in favour of giving aspiring indies the chance to display their work etc, but it would be just bloody wonderful if I can sort the main new game/specials list to exclude greenlights.

5. Re: 75 More Steam Greenlights Mar 19, 2014, 19:44 nin

Cutter wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 19:37:
nin wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 19:29:
They greenlighted bone town? Seriously?

Something named Bone Town deserves to be greenlit on the name alone.

I'd be a little surprised if it's offer isn't rescinded.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

4. Re: 75 More Steam Greenlights Mar 19, 2014, 19:37 Cutter

nin wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 19:29:

Something named Bone Town deserves to be greenlit on the name alone.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

3. Re: 75 More Steam Greenlights Mar 19, 2014, 19:32 saluk

too many games.  

2. Re: 75 More Steam Greenlights Mar 19, 2014, 19:29 nin

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

1. Re: 75 More Steam Greenlights Mar 19, 2014, 19:11 HorrorScope

Sure glad this was winding down. It could have been 750 more Greenlighted.  

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo