Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Blizzard Investigating Diablo III HC Character Losses

A post in the Battle.net forums from Blizzard acknowledges that they are investigating why some Diablo III players are missing some items on logging into the action/RPG sequel, saying in most cases logging out and logging back in (perhaps repeatedly) will straighten things out. The problem is trickier for hardcore players, as apparently some have logged in to find their characters are missing altogether. This prompts them to offer the possibility of rolling back these missing characters:

We’re currently investigating an issue that’s affecting some characters, causing their items, armor, and weapons to go missing upon login. Although this issue is in most situations temporary and can be corrected with repeated login attempts, there are reports that some Hardcore heroes were lost as a result of this. For accounts which were specifically impacted by this issue, our Support team is investigating the possibility of providing a special one-time exception to allow for a rollback of the account, and subsequent restoration of the fallen heroes.

To contact our support with the request for this specific rollback exception, we encourage you to create a ticket through the following support portal with ‘MISSING GEAR DEATH’ in the body of the ticket:

https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/ticket/d3/297

Please know that the decision to allow such an exception is not an easy one to make, and that this is not a guarantee that we will offer the rollback to all accounts that petition us with this request. Only accounts which we can verify were affected by this missing gear issue leading to the death of a Hardcore character will be considered for these rollbacks. With that said, we do want you to know that we are continuing to address this issue, and ask for all players to be aware that the issue is currently ongoing.

View
34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

14. Re: Blizzard Investigating Diablo III HC Character Losses Mar 19, 2014, 11:39 jacobvandy

Never seen this bug. I bet the vast majority haven't. But hey, don't let me get in the way of the aimless hate train!

descender wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 11:36:
There is no point to playing a loot generating e-peen measuring contest offline by yourself. Unless you are playing ARPG's for the... story? LOL.

I disagree. I enjoyed Torchlight and Titan Quest plenty while playing offline and solo, and it wasn't for the story. I might as well be playing PoE that way (wish it were offline...) and Grim Dawn is also excellent (doubt I'll use the MP functionality when it's eventually added).

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Blizzard Investigating Diablo III HC Character Losses Mar 19, 2014, 11:36 descender

The "on-line only" function is straight DRM. There. Does that make your panties unwad for 2 minutes?

It is DRM that works too, as there are no hacked/playable copies of D3 to be found.

Didn't they just say in an interview a few weeks ago that they never should have released an offline version of D2? Man that would ruin some people's holidays.

The real question is why the fuck does it bother you so much? At no point was there ever an offline mode, so it's not like you got tricked into buying it and then it wan't there.

There is no point to playing a loot generating e-peen measuring contest offline by yourself. Unless you are playing ARPG's for the... story? LOL.

12. Re: Blizzard Investigating Diablo III HC Character Losses Mar 19, 2014, 11:18 christheshitter

Who cares! Diablo 3 is so crap compared to the prequels. D1 will always be in my heart!  

11. Re: Blizzard Investigating Diablo III HC Character Losses Mar 19, 2014, 10:53 Undocumented Alien

Also it's not a single player game, we've gone over this too many times for people that are still bitter to even bother.

It's a single player storyline, can be completed by a single player, coop is optional. How is any of the Diablo games NOT single player? The consoles get D3 offline... again... The. Consoles. Get. D3. Offline.

So by your logic then, the Console version of D3 is a SP game but the PC version isn't, even though they are the same game?

The online-only is straight DRM, we've gone over this too may times with blind fanbois that can't come up with a valid answer to even bother. The president of the Blizzard division all but admits that the online-only is for DRM then throws some marketing speech around it to make it sound... "fun". Oh boy! You can use our antiquated chat interface to communicate with friends! Yippe! Thanks! That definitely makes the game online only... WOW!

I don't have a problem with D3 having an online B.NET option for those that want that (I would use it too), but that's only 1/2 of what should have been shipped.

This comment was edited on Mar 19, 2014, 11:18.

10. Re: Blizzard Investigating Diablo III HC Character Losses Mar 19, 2014, 10:43 Mr. Tact

If you want to play a Hardcore character solo, why not play it offline? They can backup and restore? Whatever, let them if they want to. This problem was already solved in a previous version of the game with on-line and off-line characters. This is not rocket science.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

9. Re: Blizzard Investigating Diablo III HC Character Losses Mar 19, 2014, 10:38 panbient

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 10:07:
Regardless, the fact remains it shouldn't be necessary to be on-line for solo play. And I've not heard or seen an legitimate argument to indicate otherwise.

Hardcore characters. Like the first part of the comment you snipped.

8. Re: Blizzard Investigating Diablo III HC Character Losses Mar 19, 2014, 10:38 gilly775

Hey Blizzard, how about investigating the massive lag that's been going on the past week and kicking people out? Nothing more infuriating than paying for a SP experience but getting disconnected any time I want to run through the game solo.  

7. Re: Blizzard Investigating Diablo III HC Character Losses Mar 19, 2014, 10:07 Mr. Tact

Linksil wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 09:59:
Also it's not a single player game,
It's whatever you want it to be. If you want to play solo you can, if you want to play coop. you can. Regardless, the fact remains it shouldn't be necessary to be on-line for solo play. And I've not heard or seen an legitimate argument to indicate otherwise.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

6. Re: Blizzard Investigating Diablo III HC Character Losses Mar 19, 2014, 09:59 Linksil

deqer wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 09:36:
because your items are being saved online, in this online-only single-player game.

Only way to have a real HC character is by making it online only. Otherwise people will just backup the data off their computer and find a way to restore it like every other game in the past. Also it's not a single player game, we've gone over this too many times for people that are still bitter to even bother.

Munching On: Archeage, SAO Vita, Tales of Xallia 1/2.

5. Re: Blizzard Investigating Diablo III HC Character Losses Mar 19, 2014, 09:39 nin

Hey deakie, how's spring break going? Must be nice to be out of school, huh?

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

4. Re: Blizzard Investigating Diablo III HC Character Losses Mar 19, 2014, 09:36 deqer

because your items are being saved online, in this online-only single-player game.  

3. Re: Blizzard Investigating Diablo III HC Character Losses Mar 19, 2014, 09:33 Axis

quality app...  

Yours truly,

Axis

2. Re: Blizzard Investigating Diablo III HC Character Losses Mar 19, 2014, 09:29 nin

Better not have lost that orange sword I got last weekend!!!!!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

1. Re: Blizzard Investigating Diablo III HC Character Losses Mar 19, 2014, 09:22 Undocumented Alien

Oh boy...  

34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo