Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III Auction Houses Closed

Ding-dong the witch is dead. Which old witch? The Diablo III auction house bi... well, it doesn't really need to rhyme. Anyway, the Diablo III website announces the promised closure of the Diablo III auction houses, both the one that used in-game gold and the one that fuelled by real cash and gamer's tears. Existing auctions will end based on time remaining for some reason, even though no bids can be placed anymore. Word is:

The gold and real-money auction houses are now shut down in the Americas. For more information, including how the shutdown will affect active auctions, items in the Completed Tab, and your existing Battle.net Balance, please visit our Auction House Update FAQ.

View
52 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

12. Re: Diablo III Auction House Closed Mar 18, 2014, 11:06 Techie714

@NIN
Got tickets for the Las Vegas NIN/Soundgarden show!

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Diablo III Auction House Closed Mar 18, 2014, 11:00 MoreLuckThanSkill

Rhett wrote on Mar 18, 2014, 10:40:
Aaaaaand I forgot about this (IRL issues), and I forgot to sell my gems, and to look for anything worth grabbing.

Assuming you buy the expansion(ie. level cap 70) nothing was worth buying on the AH, since you cannot use the mystic on legacy items.

If you are not going to buy the expansion, then still you most likely didn't miss out on anything worthwhile, not counting some perfect stat roll Mempo or something that somebody was giving away. Even without the expansion, lifesteal is reduced 90% at level 60, making most of the "great" legendaries a joke in 2.0

All that said, I've put in probably 30 hours on patch 2.0.x; I'll most likely buy the expansion. I only have around 17 million gold( no real GAH/RMAH use during their lifespan), hopefully Blizzard doesn't raise crafting prices too much.

10. Re: Diablo III Auction House Closed Mar 18, 2014, 10:57 Mashiki Amiketo

Wallshadows wrote on Mar 18, 2014, 10:50:
Gold in the new age won't be weighed as heavily as it once was so I wouldn't be concerned about it if you missed out on the fire sale which was the past few days. Assuming you're not sitting on top of a mountain of gold already, as long as you come across events, reset the quests, and run adventure mode once released, you'll have more than enough gold as well as materials to craft with.

uh you've played the game since 2.0 right? It costs 50k+ to make most rarest now and costs 2m for top tier gems. Even grinding t3+ for lewts can break your cash fast if you're making stuff for rerolls.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

9. Re: Diablo III Auction House Closed Mar 18, 2014, 10:57 Linksil

nin wrote on Mar 18, 2014, 10:47:
Desalus wrote on Mar 18, 2014, 10:43:
With patch 2.0 and the AH gone, the game is actually worth playing now.

Totally agree with that. Loot 2.0 has made the game a lot more enjoyable for me. Pretty much every 60-90 minutes it's Orange Time, and it's fucking awesome. All kinds of neat stuff I never saw in the first month, and never thought I'd get a shot at...

Toss in Adventure mode with the expansion and I'm actually excited to play D3.

The only funny thing I find about this is that even before loot 2.0; I was finding a Legendary every 60-90 mins. The only difference is that if it wasn't an upgrade(which was the problem) I could sell it. Now it's just a brimstone(BOA set to the class i'm playing) as it's not even worth the gold sell, as golds useless. In the exp you'll need 61-70 legendary's for crafting higher end stuff, but I feel with the sad state of crafting in all ARPG games it won't last.

Munching On: Warframe, Final Fantasy 6, Tales of Xallia, Saints Row 4.

8. Re: Diablo III Auction House Closed Mar 18, 2014, 10:50 Wallshadows

Gold in the new age won't be weighed as heavily as it once was so I wouldn't be concerned about it if you missed out on the fire sale which was the past few days. Assuming you're not sitting on top of a mountain of gold already, as long as you come across events, reset the quests, and run adventure mode once released, you'll have more than enough gold as well as materials to craft with.

7. Re: Diablo III Auction House Closed Mar 18, 2014, 10:47 nin

Desalus wrote on Mar 18, 2014, 10:43:
With patch 2.0 and the AH gone, the game is actually worth playing now.

Totally agree with that. Loot 2.0 has made the game a lot more enjoyable for me. Pretty much every 60-90 minutes it's Orange Time, and it's fucking awesome. All kinds of neat stuff I never saw in the first month, and never thought I'd get a shot at...

Toss in Adventure mode with the expansion and I'm actually excited to play D3.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

6. Re: Diablo III Auction House Closed Mar 18, 2014, 10:43 Desalus

Fletch wrote on Mar 18, 2014, 10:36:
If you are still playing D3, then you were probably ok with the existence of the AH (?). This just isn't enough to get me interested in the game. At all.

No, actually I don't think that's the case. If you take a look at the comments on D3's website you will see a lot of players saying how glad they are that the AH is gone. Balancing item drops around the AH was perhaps one of Blizzard's worst ideas. With patch 2.0 and the AH gone, the game is actually worth playing now.

5. Re: Diablo III Auction House Closed Mar 18, 2014, 10:42 Verno

The only good thing that came from this was that the RMAH basically subsidized my copy of the game.  

Playing: The Last of Us Remastered
Watching: Intruders, Coherence, The Rover

4. Re: Diablo III Auction House Closed Mar 18, 2014, 10:40 Rhett

Aaaaaand I forgot about this (IRL issues), and I forgot to sell my gems, and to look for anything worth grabbing. Sigh.

Well, good riddance. The AH was an abomination of gaming.

3. Re: Diablo III Auction House Closed Mar 18, 2014, 10:36 Fletch

If you are still playing D3, then you were probably ok with the existence of the AH (?). This just isn't enough to get me interested in the game. At all.  

2. Re: Diablo III Auction House Closed Mar 18, 2014, 10:30 Frijoles

I've been stocking up on legendaries from the AH. It was really easy to sort by time left and then use the bid button. I got a tab full of them for a few thousand gold. Dunno if they'll be useful after the expansion.  

1. Re: Diablo III Auction House Closed Mar 18, 2014, 10:04 nin

I'll just leave this here, as it sums up my feelings nicely.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

52 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo