Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III Auction Houses Closed

Ding-dong the witch is dead. Which old witch? The Diablo III auction house bi... well, it doesn't really need to rhyme. Anyway, the Diablo III website announces the promised closure of the Diablo III auction houses, both the one that used in-game gold and the one that fuelled by real cash and gamer's tears. Existing auctions will end based on time remaining for some reason, even though no bids can be placed anymore. Word is:

The gold and real-money auction houses are now shut down in the Americas. For more information, including how the shutdown will affect active auctions, items in the Completed Tab, and your existing Battle.net Balance, please visit our Auction House Update FAQ.

View
52 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

52. Re: Diablo III Auction House Closed Mar 19, 2014, 12:01 Verno

AngelicPenguin wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 11:39:
Verno wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 09:56:
Conversely I found POE to still have annoying desync issues and gave up on it awhile ago.

Outside of launch window Diablo 3 was fine. It had many other problems but latency isn't really one.

Not usually, no, but 2 nights in a row they did after 2.0. I think it was Thursday and Friday. The first night getting into games was very hit and miss (maybe connecting to 20% of games), but once in you were ok. The second night you could create games but the latency was out of this world bad (>1000 often.) There were lots of official posts about it, but in the end the result was "server load."

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12091749147?page=1#8

That's what I mean by launch window stuff. Patch days, expansion launches, retail launch, etc. Known big traffic days where its pretty easy to avoid any issues by just playing something else. If this stuff was a deal breaker for me I wouldn't be playing many games at all.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

51. Re: Diablo III Auction House Closed Mar 19, 2014, 11:42 Mr. Tact

pagb wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 11:38:
I recall all the bitching when console version was announced... that PC was the beta test for console. Guess what? Console players were beta testing 2.0 for us.
Ha! Okay, you get two bonus points for that one.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

50. Re: Diablo III Auction House Closed Mar 19, 2014, 11:39 AngelicPenguin

Verno wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 09:56:
Conversely I found POE to still have annoying desync issues and gave up on it awhile ago.

Outside of launch window Diablo 3 was fine. It had many other problems but latency isn't really one.

Not usually, no, but 2 nights in a row they did after 2.0. I think it was Thursday and Friday. The first night getting into games was very hit and miss (maybe connecting to 20% of games), but once in you were ok. The second night you could create games but the latency was out of this world bad (>1000 often.) There were lots of official posts about it, but in the end the result was "server load."

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12091749147?page=1#8

49. Re: Diablo III Auction House Closed Mar 19, 2014, 11:38 pagb

I recall all the bitching when console version was announced... that PC was the beta test for console. Guess what? Console players were beta testing 2.0 for us.  

48. Re: Diablo III Auction House Closed Mar 19, 2014, 09:56 Verno

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below

47. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 19, 2014, 09:36 Axis

Krovven wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 01:21:
PropheT wrote on Mar 18, 2014, 18:37:
Axis wrote on Mar 18, 2014, 15:36:
Yea I'm talking this last week, been on V2, had the game for 5 days now. The lag has been terrible every night I've played.

I haven't noticed any lag at all recently, and I've played quite a bit since the loot update. I don't get to play prime time because of my work hours, but the hours I've been on (including the weekends) it's been fine.

There has been some intermittent lag for some people. I'm not so sure it was on Blizzards end of things though. When I have lag I called up my ISP and they had me add the Google DNS numbers and that solved my problem immediately. I always have between 60-75 ping.

It was well known and blizzards issue, the general chat would explode in annoyance and you couldn't do jack shit for hours, sometimes it was unplayable, usually just stutter city. Been playing HC PoE for 2 years, I'd never play HC in D3.

Yours truly,

Axis

46. Re: Diablo III Auction House Closed Mar 19, 2014, 09:07 Mr. Tact

I would have been okay with them keeping the GAH. However, with them making the Set Items and Legendaries being BoA -- there really isn't much point is there.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

45. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 19, 2014, 07:08 Denthor

For those of us in au/nz looks like they have finally put local servers in or are testing them - logged on to check out changes and had a ping of 50...

Not sure if temporary or perm but id buy the expo just to support local servers. CAUSE FUCK 250MS+ on every blizzard game

44. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 19, 2014, 01:21 Krovven

PropheT wrote on Mar 18, 2014, 18:37:
Yea I'm talking this last week, been on V2, had the game for 5 days now. The lag has been terrible every night I've played.

I haven't noticed any lag at all recently, and I've played quite a bit since the loot update. I don't get to play prime time because of my work hours, but the hours I've been on (including the weekends) it's been fine.

There has been some intermittent lag for some people. I'm not so sure it was on Blizzards end of things though. When I have lag I called up my ISP and they had me add the Google DNS numbers and that solved my problem immediately. I always have between 60-75 ping.

43. Re: Diablo III Auction House Closed Mar 18, 2014, 22:40 Fletch

GameAnger wrote on Mar 18, 2014, 17:54:
For 2 weeks out of 3 im stuck in the middle of the Australian desert with nothing but a phone connection. Yet I can still game with my mates in the big city.

Good for you, but online single-player is still a deal-breaker for some people.

42. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 18, 2014, 18:37 PropheT

41. Re: Diablo III Auction House Closed Mar 18, 2014, 18:34 Asmo

Only bought DIII recently (got base + ROS) and running up a barb was kinda fun. Never had a problem getting upgrades that were usable, played master right off the bat (early game was a bit tough but once the gear piled on, it was manageable).

Looking forward to the crusader as a HC toon. I played a HC zealadin in DII so hopefully it'll play a little like that.

40. Re: Diablo III Auction House Closed Mar 18, 2014, 17:54 GameAnger

Paketep wrote on Mar 18, 2014, 17:36:
Still no LAN, still always online.

Fuck those losers.

This quote is for you " ... fuelled by ... gamer's tears".

I hope you can get over this sadness and anger you feel.

For 2 weeks out of 3 im stuck in the middle of the Australian desert with nothing but a phone connection. Yet I can still game with my mates in the big city.

39. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 18, 2014, 17:50 Redmask

Darks wrote on Mar 18, 2014, 16:18:
Iíll tell you this, for all those who whined and bitched about the AH, there sure was a lot of activity these past two weeks. A lot!!!

I don't know why this would be surprising, people are offloading everything.

38. Re: Diablo III Auction House Closed Mar 18, 2014, 17:36 Paketep

Still no LAN, still always online.

Fuck those losers.

37. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 18, 2014, 17:10 Wallshadows

Krovven wrote on Mar 18, 2014, 15:48:
This is the kind of misinformation (aka: funny stuff) I'm refering to.

At level 60 regardless of which difficulty you play on (Normal to Torment), the same loot drops. As you progress from Torment 1-6 there is an increased chance for legendaries to drop, values are unknown. At level 70 only in Torment there are new Legendaries that can drop as well.

Correct, which is why I only run T1 for quick farming where it takes only a handful of casts to kill most mobs with the exception of rare or elite packs but still want the benefit of key drops off Wardens. While I can do higher levels of Torment without breaking a sweat, T1 is a sweet spot between kill speed and drop rate so I just don't see the benefit of going higher with the exception of solo farming Myra or CotA for Paragon experience.

As for the Mystic costs, I will concede that I was unaware of those costs and are pretty silly if she is used to her full potential but as someone who is looking forward to grinding a Hammerdin as much as I did in Diablo 2, it won't affect me all that much which might be why I was ignorant towards Mystic information.

This comment was edited on Mar 18, 2014, 17:18.

36. Re: Diablo III Auction House Closed Mar 18, 2014, 16:45 Fion

Ever since Patch 2.0 I've put quite a bit of time into the game again. It's a hell of a lot of fun now and is only going to be even more fun come the expansion.

I'm glad to see the last of Jay Wilson's Diablo 3 die and Josh Mosqueira's live on. His is a dramatically better game.

35. Re: Diablo III Auction House Closed Mar 18, 2014, 16:25 Tumbler

Good riddance.  
99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

34. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 18, 2014, 16:18 Darks

Iíll tell you this, for all those who whined and bitched about the AH, there sure was a lot of activity these past two weeks. A lot!!!  

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

33. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 18, 2014, 15:48 Krovven

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Mar 18, 2014, 14:50:
Wallshadows wrote on Mar 18, 2014, 12:45:

Also, grinding in T3+ for loot is terribly inefficient and should only be done for Paragon.
The reality is, you're not going to get new higher tier loot until you start grinding T3+, that's where the good stuff starts dropping.

This is the kind of misinformation (aka: funny stuff) I'm refering to.

At level 60 regardless of which difficulty you play on (Normal to Torment), the same loot drops. As you progress from Torment 1-6 there is an increased chance for legendaries to drop, values are unknown. At level 70 only in Torment there are new Legendaries that can drop as well.

See post #14 http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12090019460

52 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo