Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Titanfall Optimization Tips

There's a Titanfall config guide on PC Gamer showing how to get the most out of your rig when playing Respawn's mech-themed shooter. They provide some external optimizations, including a utility to unpark CPU cores and tips on fixing vsync through your video card's drivers.

View
48 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

28. Re: Titanfall Optimization Tips Mar 16, 2014, 04:18 netnerd85

Agent.X7 wrote on Mar 16, 2014, 03:21:
Smart pistol is bullshit. Period. You can defend it all you like, but we all know it's bullshit.
Whenever someone gets me with it, it seems like the gun took a very small amount of time to lock on, when I use it, it doesn't even lock on

And yeah the match making needs to be more intelligent that is for sure. Roll on the private matches.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

27. Re: Titanfall Optimization Tips Mar 16, 2014, 04:03 DangerDog

I'm on Nvidia and haven't had any texture glitches, I can see how losing games during the "campaign" can be discouraging but it doesn't change the story, it all plays out exactly the same. For the winning team like the IMC you often get an "aww you lost" cinematic.

Player level doesn't mean a whole lot in this game, it's super easy to level up and the generations thing just indicates someone who has no life and wants to grind out "achievements" like they're accomplishing something.

If you're having a hard time unlocking the ever so slight advantage of having an extended mag for your gun just play the last level of the campaign - it's robot city and you can farm enough in a couple of games to unlock anything.

26. Re: Titanfall Optimization Tips Mar 16, 2014, 03:21 Agent.X7

Game engine is really not optimized for PC. Runs great sometimes, sometimes choppy on the same map later on.

NVidia driver issues, according to Respawn, anyway - randomly all the textures turn into an acid trip and you have to close out and restart the game to get it to go away.

Smart pistol is bullshit. Period. You can defend it all you like, but we all know it's bullshit.

Matchmaking - yeah, it sucks. Hey, the militia is a team of noobs, and the other guys are are level 27+. Shockingly, we (militia) kept losing every map.

I played. I "beat" the campaign (mostly by losing every map), I tried a few multiplayer modes. Even at level 24, I am getting slaughtered by hackers and people using the smart pistol. (And hackers using the smart pistol, which is just fucking ludicrous.) I still maintain that the maps feel friggin' empty unless you absolutely stick to a small area where everyone tends to congregate.

For my time, I will still be playing BF4 multi, even though that could be greatly improved as well. (Mostly I've been playing Zelda on my 3DS this weekend.) Bring on Metal Gear and Infamous!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

25. Re: Titanfall Optimization Tips Mar 16, 2014, 02:47 netnerd85

Titanfall is great fun, my only issue is no ability to have two profiles. I'd like to play one with my partner (so we level up together) and one alone.  

24. Re: Titanfall Optimization Tips Mar 15, 2014, 23:45 Graham

Until they add skill-based matchmaking this game is a write-off. Playing against Gen 2-5 players with a team level 2s is about as fun as an hot sauce enema.  

23. Re: Titanfall Optimization Tips Mar 15, 2014, 23:20 Parallax Abstraction

Exclusivity wouldn't have ultimately been EA's decision anyway. Respawn owns the Titanfall IP and from what I understand, largely funded it themselves. EA's basically providing marketing and retail distribution for this. It's actually the last game in the now defunct EA Partners program. EA may have helped arrange exclusivity but it never would have happened without Respawn signing off on it. They absolutely knew. But the reason they keep talking up how Titanfall absolutely could come to PS4 is that now that a good chunk of their development was probably funded by the Microsoft exclusivity deal, they no longer require it and are happy to start putting their future stuff wherever they can.  
Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

22. Re: Titanfall Optimization Tips Mar 15, 2014, 23:09 Beamer

Trevellian wrote on Mar 15, 2014, 21:31:
Beamer wrote on Mar 15, 2014, 20:27:
Trevellian wrote on Mar 15, 2014, 18:28:
Nighthawk wrote on Mar 15, 2014, 17:45:
Scottyl42 wrote on Mar 15, 2014, 12:57:
Rumor on Twitter is that the sales numbers are disappointing? I'm not sure. I didnt like the beta but I had hoped it sold well.
I'm sure it has NOTHING to do with it being an EA release, maybe gamers are actually starting to speak with their wallets.
As curious as I am about this game, those 2 letters are stopping my purchase.

If the numbers are disappointing, I more place it on EA's poor decision to make it Microsoft Exclusive. PS4 is clearly the better selling system. Why you would go with exclusive to Microsoft is beyond my scope of comprehension. Microsoft had to offer them a hell of a fucking lot of money to offset the loss of sales they are missing by not being cross platform. Because not only are they missing the PS4 (Better selling next gen platforms sales) but the PS3 sales as well, which a lot of people had switched to, and which had caught up to and bypassed the 360 in sales by the end of the generation.

I hope they're taking that big bag of money Microsoft once again handed over to someone knowing that Sony had them over a barrel into their profits.

Well, you're kind of calling things in hindsight, as this deal was almost definitely made at least 18 months ago, so unless you knew in 2012 that the PS4 would outsell the XBone...

And as for the PS3 catching up in the end, the 360 sold far more games. And, given that this is basically a CoD game and aimed at the CoD fan, which platform do you think sold significantly more CoD games?

Not really hindsight, Titanfall being XB1, 360 and PC exclusive was not a decision made 18 months ago. At least as far as Respawn knew. They didn't find out about it till after E3 this past year, neither did anyone else. In fact during E3 the way Respawn was talking about it was that it would be on Playstation as well, little did they know apparently. Which was a big deal.

And it wasn't really difficult to predict PS4 would be the better selling system because Microsoft had already lost touch and lost ground by the end of last generation. Long before their E3 blunders.
No, I'm certain it was 18 months ago. Do you really think Respawn was spending effort coding for and QAing the PS3 and PS4?

And Respawn's argument that they didn't know rings hollow for that reason.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

21. Re: Titanfall Optimization Tips Mar 15, 2014, 22:37 xXBatmanXx

Optimization Tip #1: Don't buy the game.

There, you are now Optimized.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

20. Re: Titanfall Optimization Tips Mar 15, 2014, 22:19 harlock

keep drinkin that koolaid  

19. Re: Titanfall Optimization Tips Mar 15, 2014, 22:10 Sepharo

harlock wrote on Mar 15, 2014, 22:02:
Sepharo wrote on Mar 15, 2014, 20:42:
"This game is very shallow..." proceeds to list off 50 or so features.

no, he proceeds to list off 5 features or so.. which is, clearly - shallow

not that theres anything wrong with a casual mp shooter.. but its definitely not the second coming of jesus or some kind of revolutionary epic genius

you can have fun with shallow games, for a while at least - everything is not always some kind of binary either/or scenario

"he said its fun, so he cant have any criticism of it!" .. what? come on dude, get real

But he says it's a good game and he has fun playing it. His criticisms are about most multiplayer FPS. And in comparison to most deathmatchers it's bizarre to say the gameplay is shallow. This is supported by other reviews of Titanfall that say it has too much going on with the titans, parkour, cloak, ai grunts, etc.

18. Re: Titanfall Optimization Tips Mar 15, 2014, 22:02 harlock

no, he proceeds to list off 5 features or so.. which is, clearly - shallow

not that theres anything wrong with a casual mp shooter.. but its definitely not the second coming of jesus or some kind of revolutionary epic genius

you can have fun with shallow games, for a while at least - everything is not always some kind of binary either/or scenario

"he said its fun, so hes not allowed to have any criticism of it!" .. what? come on dude, get real

17. Re: Titanfall Optimization Tips Mar 15, 2014, 21:41 DangerDog

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 15, 2014, 19:53:
If you guys have not seen the "Worth a Buy" review of Titanfall, do yourself a favor and check it out. It is pure gold.

This guy would have hated Quake 3 huh?

Then he says it's really fun and he's enjoying it.

Also, his "shoot shoot shoot bang" criticism is the MP FPS genre.

Probably, just like Quake 3 there are people trying to look for depth of play in this game and unless you're into it in some uber e-sports type competitive play it feels very shallow.

The atmosphere is cool enough, especially if you're feeling modern combat fatigue. It's not Battlefield 2143 which I would rather be playing but as it is it's a guilty pleasure game but only fun in short sessions.

16. Re: Titanfall Optimization Tips Mar 15, 2014, 21:31 Trevellian

Beamer wrote on Mar 15, 2014, 20:27:
Rumor on Twitter is that the sales numbers are disappointing? I'm not sure. I didnt like the beta but I had hoped it sold well.
I'm sure it has NOTHING to do with it being an EA release, maybe gamers are actually starting to speak with their wallets.

If the numbers are disappointing, I more place it on EA's poor decision to make it Microsoft Exclusive. PS4 is clearly the better selling system. Why you would go with exclusive to Microsoft is beyond my scope of comprehension. Microsoft had to offer them a hell of a fucking lot of money to offset the loss of sales they are missing by not being cross platform. Because not only are they missing the PS4 (Better selling next gen platforms sales) but the PS3 sales as well, which a lot of people had switched to, and which had caught up to and bypassed the 360 in sales by the end of the generation.

I hope they're taking that big bag of money Microsoft once again handed over to someone knowing that Sony had them over a barrel into their profits.

Well, you're kind of calling things in hindsight, as this deal was almost definitely made at least 18 months ago, so unless you knew in 2012 that the PS4 would outsell the XBone...

And as for the PS3 catching up in the end, the 360 sold far more games. And, given that this is basically a CoD game and aimed at the CoD fan, which platform do you think sold significantly more CoD games?

Not really hindsight, Titanfall being XB1, 360 and PC exclusive was not a decision made 18 months ago. At least as far as Respawn knew. They didn't find out about it till after E3 this past year, neither did anyone else. In fact during E3 the way Respawn was talking about it was that it would be on Playstation as well, little did they know apparently. Which was a big deal.

And it wasn't really difficult to predict PS4 would be the better selling system because Microsoft had already lost touch and lost ground by the end of last generation. Long before their E3 blunders.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Tahyang in ArcheAge

15. Re: Titanfall Optimization Tips Mar 15, 2014, 21:17 Ludomancer

I've mixed feelings about the sales rumors. On the one hand the game looks spectacular and has a great deal of dev-pedigree behind it.
On the other hand, nothing about the gameplay videos roped me in.
Just the concept that you fight on foot and have to wait for your mech to drop, only to have it eventually destroyed so you go back to fighting on foot and waiting for another to drop again, was far too much for my impatience to even bother trying.
It wasn't much better that during that entire sequence of events the only thing that really changed was the scale of battle. I'm old. I want something legitimately new, even if it's just a combination of preexisting mechanics, but the game really tore away my attention span when I saw these massive walking mechas that didn't so much as scratch the indestructible environment around them.
Blah... Next gen multiplayer Shogo. :/

14. Re: Titanfall Optimization Tips Mar 15, 2014, 20:42 Sepharo

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 15, 2014, 19:53:
If you guys have not seen the "Worth a Buy" review of Titanfall, do yourself a favor and check it out. It is pure gold.

This guy would have hated Quake 3 huh?

Then he says it's really fun and he's enjoying it.

Also, his "shoot shoot shoot bang" criticism is the MP FPS genre.

13. Re: Titanfall Optimization Tips Mar 15, 2014, 20:27 Beamer

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

12. Re: Titanfall Optimization Tips Mar 15, 2014, 19:53 SpectralMeat

This comment was edited on Mar 15, 2014, 20:05.

Steam: SpectralMeat

11. Re: Titanfall Optimization Tips Mar 15, 2014, 19:51 Cutter

And whatever fortune MS paid it's laughable because they'll never come close to recouping it. I imagine they had to shell out 100 million at the very least. How they could ever imagine an exclusive title is going to make people rush out and but their console boggles the mind.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

10. Re: Titanfall Optimization Tips Mar 15, 2014, 18:28 Trevellian

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Tahyang in ArcheAge

9. Re: Titanfall Optimization Tips Mar 15, 2014, 18:26 DangerDog

I can't understand why MS hinged so much on this game with the xbox one, it's not that epic of a game and isn't in the same league as Halo. It's a fun, extremely casual shooter - about a couple weeks worth of entertainment if that.

48 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo