Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Titanfall; First Patch Released

Titanfall is now available in North America, offering the chance to strap in with Respawn's multiplayer mech shooter for Windows and Xbox One, and Respawn tweets this image showing them attending a little midnight madness to launch the game. They also mention via Twitter that a patch is available for the PC edition to address delays in joining private server lobbies. We noted the first reviews rolling in last night, but the game still doesn't have a PC metascore. There's live-action and gameplay in a trailer called Titanfall: Life is Better With a Titan - Extended Cut promoting the release and there's another live-action clip on Your Titan is Ready (thanks Polygon). Here's word from the announcement:

Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) and independent videogame developer Respawn Entertainment announced that Titanfall™ is now available at retail stores across North America exclusively for Xbox One®, the all-in-one entertainment system from Microsoft and on Origin.com for PC. Since its unveiling last June, Titanfall has seized the attention of gamers around the world with its exhilarating first-person action gameplay centered on the dynamic between elite assault pilots and agile, heavily-armored, 24-foot titans. The game has been praised by critics and fans for delivering a unique, fun and thrilling experience while setting a new bar for online multiplayer gameplay. GameSpot claims “Titanfall is a leap forward for shooters”, while Rolling Stone calls Titanfall “the most anticipated next-generation videogame of the year”.

“Creating Titanfall has really been an incredible journey for our team at Respawn and we’re excited to be able to finally get the game we’ve been making into everyone’s hands,” said Vince Zampella, a Co-Creator of CALL OF DUTY and Co-Founder of Respawn Entertainment. “We’re a small, tight-knit team, and I’m proud to have come together with them over these last few years to create something that we think pushes the boundaries and is above all else fun.”

View
85 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

85. Re: Ships Ahoy - Titanfall; First Patch Released Mar 12, 2014, 09:58 Bundy

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 12, 2014, 09:56:
$33 vs $60 from the Russian site and $43 using the VPN.

I'm not arguing that it's not cheaper, I'm just saying I doubt that's what the majority did.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

84. Re: Ships Ahoy - Titanfall; First Patch Released Mar 12, 2014, 09:56 SpectralMeat

$33 vs $60 from the Russian site and $43 using the VPN.  

Steam: SpectralMeat

83. Re: Ships Ahoy - Titanfall; First Patch Released Mar 12, 2014, 09:53 Bundy

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 12, 2014, 09:49:
Bundy wrote on Mar 12, 2014, 09:45:
It'll sell for 60 as long as people are willing to buy it for that. Kinda curious to see the initial sales figures myself, after all this hype.
Pretty sure the majority of people didn't pay that much for it the begin with.
From the Mexican VPN to the Russian cd key stores there were threads all over the place with deals on this game, even GMG has a $10 off coupon.
If anyone ended up paying $60 for it, just simply didn't care to get it for less.
Since it is an EA game it is only a matter of few weeks before the price will drop.
See BF4 for recent example, it took what 2-3 weeks and the game was on sale for $40 or so

Could be, we'll see. Although I have my doubts that a majority of people used Mexican vpns or Russian cd keys to save 10 bucks. I betcha most people just bought it at WalMart or downloaded off origin.

82. Re: Ships Ahoy - Titanfall; First Patch Released Mar 12, 2014, 09:49 SpectralMeat

Bundy wrote on Mar 12, 2014, 09:45:
It'll sell for 60 as long as people are willing to buy it for that. Kinda curious to see the initial sales figures myself, after all this hype.
Pretty sure the majority of people didn't pay that much for it the begin with.
From the Mexican VPN to the Russian cd key stores there were threads all over the place with deals on this game, even GMG has a $10 off coupon.
If anyone ended up paying $60 for it, just simply didn't care to get it for less.
Since it is an EA game it is only a matter of few weeks before the price will drop.
See BF4 for recent example, it took what 2-3 weeks and the game was on sale for $40 or so

81. Re: Ships Ahoy - Titanfall; First Patch Released Mar 12, 2014, 09:45 Bundy

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 12, 2014, 09:33:
Quinn wrote on Mar 12, 2014, 07:07:
is it the-first-who-pulls-the-trigger-wins,
It is but not as much as other games like CoD or BF.
You can still get away if you are being shot at.
It is a fun game for sure but not $60 fun, more like $30~$40, which I am sure we will see this game to hit soon.

80. Re: Ships Ahoy - Titanfall; First Patch Released Mar 12, 2014, 09:33 SpectralMeat

is it the-first-who-pulls-the-trigger-wins,
It is but not as much as other games like CoD or BF.
You can still get away if you are being shot at.
It is a fun game for sure but not $60 fun, more like $30~$40, which I am sure we will see this game to hit soon.

79. Re: Ships Ahoy - Titanfall; First Patch Released Mar 12, 2014, 07:46 [VG]Reagle

I'm so uncertain about this! I'm screaming for a demo!

I'm a kinda gamer that looks back at RTCW Enemy Territory and missing it so, so dearly. People in this thread mention this is the first time in a long time a multiplayer FPS impressed them. Why? Is there finally skill needed again during gunfights? Or is it the-first-who-pulls-the-trigger-wins, like all other multiplayer FPS games these days since CS? For the record, most often I'm on top of the end-match statistics in these games, so that's not why I hate them. I hate them because there's no more adrenaline rush when you meet an enemy. It's just pew-pew done. Hate it. Titanfall any different?

It's just fun. Plus there are news to OWN!!!

As of 06/12/2014 I will ONLY post positive messages. I am done trying to tell the truth about sucky games.

78. Re: Ships Ahoy - Titanfall; First Patch Released Mar 12, 2014, 07:07 Quinn

I'm so uncertain about this! I'm screaming for a demo!

I'm a kinda gamer that looks back at RTCW Enemy Territory and missing it so, so dearly. People in this thread mention this is the first time in a long time a multiplayer FPS impressed them. Why? Is there finally skill needed again during gunfights? Or is it the-first-who-pulls-the-trigger-wins, like all other multiplayer FPS games these days since CS? For the record, most often I'm on top of the end-match statistics in these games, so that's not why I hate them. I hate them because there's no more adrenaline rush when you meet an enemy. It's just pew-pew done. Hate it. Titanfall any different?

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

77. Re: Ships Ahoy - Titanfall; First Patch Released Mar 12, 2014, 02:33 Beamer

robdot wrote on Mar 12, 2014, 00:27:
So, is there no way to set up a private match in titanfall? That's fucking stupid.

Though I agree, I guarantee we have it by the end of the month.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

76. Re: Ships Ahoy - Titanfall; First Patch Released Mar 12, 2014, 00:27 robdot

So, is there no way to set up a private match in titanfall? That's fucking stupid.  

75. Re: Ships Ahoy - Titanfall; First Patch Released Mar 11, 2014, 20:27 robdot

My first experience with release now, patch later, was fallout 3 ,on the ps3. I encountered 2 different game breaking bugs. Once, I got stuck in a room, when opening the door caused a complete lockup. When I complained about it on their support boards, I was flamed by the other gamers the who said I didn't understand modern game making etc.  

74. Re: Ships Ahoy - Titanfall; First Patch Released Mar 11, 2014, 19:50 Bundy

jdreyer wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 19:48:
Bundy wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 19:14:
Ryan Lange wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 18:57:
flechett3 wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 17:24:
No one wants to buy a broken product, and that's exactly what a day 0 patch says about a game. What's really shitty is that it's almost exclusively how games are being released now, and it's across every damn platform.

Well, I suppose they could just wait a month before fixing whatever bugs pop up between sending the game off to the presses and actual release (they don't happen at the same time, you know).

How dare they attempt to make the user's gaming experience better so soon after launch.

and even then, when does it end, when do you finally decide its ready. Trust me, working in software as long as I have, bugs pop up regardless. Some weird conditions happen and poof, its broke. Coding is like writing a novel, you can tweak and fix forever.

True, but it's one thing to have one grammatical error per paragraph, and another to have one error per chapter. I agree you never reach 0 bugs in software, but reducing them to a tolerable level should be the minimum goal.

absolutely. And then we have cases of great games that get borked after the publisher rams in DRM. I'm looking at you rayman legends!

73. Re: Ships Ahoy - Titanfall; First Patch Released Mar 11, 2014, 19:48 jdreyer

Bundy wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 19:14:
No one wants to buy a broken product, and that's exactly what a day 0 patch says about a game. What's really shitty is that it's almost exclusively how games are being released now, and it's across every damn platform.

Well, I suppose they could just wait a month before fixing whatever bugs pop up between sending the game off to the presses and actual release (they don't happen at the same time, you know).

How dare they attempt to make the user's gaming experience better so soon after launch.

and even then, when does it end, when do you finally decide its ready. Trust me, working in software as long as I have, bugs pop up regardless. Some weird conditions happen and poof, its broke. Coding is like writing a novel, you can tweak and fix forever.

True, but it's one thing to have one grammatical error per paragraph, and another to have one error per chapter. I agree you never reach 0 bugs in software, but reducing them to a tolerable level should be the minimum goal.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

72. Re: Ships Ahoy - Titanfall; First Patch Released Mar 11, 2014, 19:14 Bundy

71. Re: Ships Ahoy - Titanfall; First Patch Released Mar 11, 2014, 19:10 jdreyer

Fantaz wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 15:54:

that's exactly what it was designed to be... a simple dumbed down mech game for the CoD masses. just be glad we get served a game like this at all, so play and try to make the most of it instead of complain and complain... that's all i hear u guys do.

I think it's pretty cool, even if it's not Mechwarrior. It looks like fun and fairly fresh with cool designs and graphics. My biggest problem is that it's MP only, and I'm pretty much an SP or Coop guy, so would like to set up and tweak bot matches, a la the UT series. I'm just not interested in playing online with people I don't know.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

70. Re: Ships Ahoy - Titanfall; First Patch Released Mar 11, 2014, 18:57 Morgan19

Asmo wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 18:19:
You do understand that the final game master is completed well prior to release, and any work they have to do after that requires a patch?

So you are essentially bitching about the devs being on the ball and continuing to fix bugs etc right up to release day.

Could you be a bigger, self righteous, entitled cunt? I doubt it, but go nuts!

Well put. +1

69. Re: Ships Ahoy - Titanfall; First Patch Released Mar 11, 2014, 18:57 Ryan Lange

68. Re: Ships Ahoy - Titanfall; First Patch Released Mar 11, 2014, 18:36 Total-Khaos

Asmo wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 18:19:
deqer wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 11:16:
Patch already? Wow... Do your fucking homework, developers. If you don't have a QA department to do sufficient testing before releasing your game, then perhaps you shouldn't be in the business of making games.

You do understand that the final game master is completed well prior to release, and any work they have to do after that requires a patch?

So you are essentially bitching about the devs being on the ball and continuing to fix bugs etc right up to release day.

LOL! I wasn't going to go as far as you did, but people thinking cartridge games were bug free are smoking a lot of crack. They may not have been game-breaking bugs, but they existed regardless. In fact, here is a list of glitches from the original Super Mario Bros on the NES:

http://glitches.wikia.com/wiki/Super_Mario_Bros.

67. Re: Ships Ahoy - Titanfall; First Patch Released Mar 11, 2014, 18:19 Asmo

deqer wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 11:16:
Patch already? Wow... Do your fucking homework, developers. If you don't have a QA department to do sufficient testing before releasing your game, then perhaps you shouldn't be in the business of making games.

66. Re: Ships Ahoy - Titanfall; First Patch Released Mar 11, 2014, 17:55 saluk

The last MP shooter I bought was BF3, and I didn't get my 60$ out of it (no sleight to the game). I just think I'm not really in this category of gamer anymore. The titanfall beta almost brought me back, honestly. I'd love to run around for a couple weeks with all the new players, but then I know I'll get bored and never touch it again. By the time I wait for a sale, it wont be fresh anymore, and I think the ship will have sailed for me. Too bad. Props to the devs for an interesting collection of mp fps elements though! I hope this is successful, and they can ditch EA for titanfall2.  

85 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo