Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Yesterday marked the 14th anniversary of the announcement of the original Xbox. That seems surprisingly recent, which I guess shows how entrenched the brand has become in a relatively short time. And happy new year, as the NFL year begins today. No, I don't have a check-writing joke for that one.

Consolidated Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Magical Glory.
Keep an Eye.
Shuriken Block.
Stories: Liam Neeson On Turning Down James Bond.
Kevin Bacon on 'Six Degrees' game- 'I was horrified'.
Man stuck in drainage pipes for two days. Thanks Boing Boing.
Science: Americans have no idea how much water they’re using.
Blood test could detect early signs of dementia, scientists say.
Black Holes Grow Through Galaxy Collisions.
Media: Guy Tries To Use 17 Year Old Coupon For Pizza (That Came With a Videogame).
Game of Thrones Season 4- Trailer #3 - Secrets.
Eerie footage of a spacesuit floating away from the ISS.

View
41 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

41. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 12, 2014, 14:35 nin

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 12, 2014, 14:26:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 12, 2014, 14:12:
117 hours in 2.5 weeks? Are you unemployed or something? Playing on the job? What's your secret?
Work full-time, but I am single. The 19 days covers three weekends, so figure 12 hours each Saturday and Sunday, that alone makes 72 hours. So that leaves only 4-5 hours a night on the weekdays...

Yeah, with the xp boost right now, I went from like mid 20s to low 50s in one weekend, playing casually.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

40. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 12, 2014, 14:26 Mr. Tact

jdreyer wrote on Mar 12, 2014, 14:12:
117 hours in 2.5 weeks? Are you unemployed or something? Playing on the job? What's your secret?
Work full-time, but I am single. The 19 days covers three weekends, so figure 12 hours each Saturday and Sunday, that alone makes 72 hours. So that leaves only 4-5 hours a night on the weekdays...

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

39. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 12, 2014, 14:20 nin

jdreyer wrote on Mar 12, 2014, 14:11:
Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 12, 2014, 09:05:
Cutter wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 18:52:
I am so very seriously sick of winter.
60+ here yesterday. Today 1-3 inches of snow, low tonight of 10. Where the hell is spring?
Still 2 weeks away?

Thankfully! When it hits 70+ in Feb and 80+ in March, I start worrying what August is going to look like...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

38. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 12, 2014, 14:12 jdreyer

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 12, 2014, 09:12:
Cutter wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 16:47:
So what you're saying you're pro-ODRM then?
You know, the on-line requirement does totally blow chunks. But even though I dislike it and think Blizzard deserves to be punished for doing it. I can't say I'm sorry I bought it 19 days ago. True, the down time on Tuesdays for patches and some occasional lag really sucks -- still I have to say I enjoyed the hell out of it, to the tune of 117 hours played already.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

37. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 12, 2014, 14:11 jdreyer

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 12, 2014, 09:05:
60+ here yesterday. Today 1-3 inches of snow, low tonight of 10. Where the hell is spring?
Still 2 weeks away?

36. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 12, 2014, 09:12 Mr. Tact

Cutter wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 16:47:
You know, the on-line requirement does totally blow chunks. But even though I dislike it and think Blizzard deserves to be punished for doing it. I can't say I'm sorry I bought it 19 days ago. True, the down time on Tuesdays for patches and some occasional lag really sucks -- still I have to say I enjoyed the hell out of it, to the tune of 117 hours played already.

35. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 12, 2014, 09:05 Mr. Tact

34. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 11, 2014, 21:31 Prez

People around me water their lawns like frickin' crazy. It's unbelievable how much water people waste. I'm all for putting in astroturf myself - I never water my yard. I think the only thing we should be watering is our flower gardens and our vegetable gardens.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

33. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 11, 2014, 20:11 HorrorScope

Pigeon wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 14:27:
Grass lawns are nice, but a bitch to maintain in areas prone to drought and long very hot summers. Its one of those ideas we've imported from England that isn't very practical in large parts of our country.

Living in OH and CA I can say in CA where I have no rain from April to October, my lawn has been in much better shape than in OH. One is one a sprinkler timer, the other lawn rolled the dice with weather. Sometimes it was all burnt out, sometimes is was so tall, but the rain wouldn't stop to cut it. In CA it's always green and around 3" high. It is far from a bitch, sure if it didn't have sprinklers it would be nothing but dead grass and dirt.

32. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 11, 2014, 18:52 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 18:35:
Cutter wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 16:20:
Guys, you live south of the country with the greatest freshwater supply on the planet. I really wouldn't be too concerned.

Maybe you should just buy Canada and make us the 51st state. Most Canucks would be willing to sell for say $5million a piece. You could have the country for a measly $15 billion! That's peanuts! And then I could finally move to New Mexico and be warm year round.

There's something wrong with your math. To pay 35M people $5M each would cost 175 TRILLION dollars.

Right. Ima little hungover today. Ok, let's revise that. Just give me $5million and US citizenship and you can have my share of Canada's water, minerals, oil, etc. I am so very seriously sick of winter.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

31. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 11, 2014, 18:39 PHJF

I'm not a big fan of Diablo 3 being an online only game (as it's roots are SP w/ optional coop), BUT, Battle.NET is selling it currently for $19.99 (PC & MAC).

Gamestop and Amazon and Newegg just had it for $20. Blizzard's own store is well and truly late to the party.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

30. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 11, 2014, 18:35 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 16:20:
Guys, you live south of the country with the greatest freshwater supply on the planet. I really wouldn't be too concerned.

Maybe you should just buy Canada and make us the 51st state. Most Canucks would be willing to sell for say $5million a piece. You could have the country for a measly $15 billion! That's peanuts! And then I could finally move to New Mexico and be warm year round.

There's something wrong with your math. To pay 35M people $5M each would cost 175 TRILLION dollars.

29. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 11, 2014, 17:06 Undocumented Alien

I wouldn't say I'm "pro-ODRM", no... but if D3 had come out with SP and B.NET, the B.NET would have been online only and I could value that at 1/2 the price of a full offering. So at $19.99, it's right about there.

I gave PoE about $20 for making a good game but would have paid more if it weren't online only.

So I guess I would say I'm "comfortable" with renting a game at $20.

28. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 11, 2014, 16:47 Cutter

27. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 11, 2014, 16:24 Undocumented Alien

I'm not a big fan of Diablo 3 being an online only game (as it's roots are SP w/ optional coop), BUT, Battle.NET is selling it currently for $19.99 (PC & MAC).

I've been mooching 2 slots of my buddies account to play it as I didn't think it was worth $59.99/49.99 for what I perceived as 1/2 the game (no SP).

But for $19.99, THAT is worth an online only portion of the game so I finally caved in and bought it. Now I can create more than 2 toons

It's a good price for D3, I even have to recommended it at $19.99.

26. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 11, 2014, 16:23 Cutter

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 14:29:
It one of the things I always consider a plus for living in Phoenix, no one complains when your "lawn" is gravel. Too bad it's so damn hot there.

That's the biggest waste of water there is. Fucking lawns! I think everyone should have to go to rock gardens or victory gardens and actually plant things that are useful. Couple with all the waste from lawn mowers, leaf blowers, etc. So needlessly wasteful. Shit, I'd ban golf courses outright if I had my way.

25. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 11, 2014, 16:20 Cutter

24. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 11, 2014, 15:57 The Half Elf

I'm gonna say it, and I don't care who knows. I loved the size of the original Xbox controller.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

23. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 11, 2014, 14:29 Mr. Tact

It one of the things I always consider a plus for living in Phoenix, no one complains when your "lawn" is gravel. Too bad it's so damn hot there.  

22. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 11, 2014, 14:28 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 13:48:
Liam Neeson On Turning Down James Bond.

That's a shame. He would have made a great bond. On the other hand, if he had played Bond, we probably wouldn't have seen him in his career defining role playing Qui-Gon Jinn.

i disagree dude. i think he would've been a terrible bond. he's always had this roughness about him, and bond's always been about refined violence. besides, i don't think he looks the part either; not classically handsome enough. though i probably woulda said the same about craig, but his acting just blows the doors off any previous bond.

41 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo