Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Titanfall Reviews

Titanfall makes landfall in North America tomorrow and other territories later in the week, and the first reviews are appearing for Respawn's mech shooter. The game won't have a score on Metacritic until it's released, but in the meantime reviews have appeared on CVG, EGMNOW, GamesBeat, GameSpot, GamesRadar, gamesTM, Joystiq, NowGamer, PC Gamer, Polygon, and VideoGamer.com.

View
69 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

69. Re: Titanfall Reviews Mar 11, 2014, 13:21 jdreyer

Verno wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 09:29:
Tim Collins wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 08:36:
This is ham of a game meant for kids, straight up. Polygon is the single biggest shill of a game site I'v EVER seen.

They will never live down taking that big lump sum of money from Microsoft/etc for their "documentary".

Well, I don't know about live down, but regret maybe. Given how well the PS4 is selling, I hope it was literally tens of millions of dollars, b/c they are losing millions of sales by not having a PS 4 version of the game.

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

68. Re: Titanfall Reviews Mar 11, 2014, 13:14 jdreyer

Mad Max RW wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 07:33:
It's nice to see a game that isn't a sequel or a reboot getting good reviews. If the PC version gets a little more love with player hosted dedicated servers I'll consider picking it up. If they add mod support I will definitely be there.
Mod support would be cool. I want to pilot Amber's Pink Bunny Titan from Sucker Punch. It's funny, but this mech fits almost too closely with the TF universe: same size, same style cockpit, falls from great heights, etc. I wonder if it was part of the inspiration. The only thing it doesn't do is scoop her up and put her inside.

67. Re: Titanfall Reviews Mar 11, 2014, 09:29 Verno

Tim Collins wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 08:36:
This is ham of a game meant for kids, straight up. Polygon is the single biggest shill of a game site I'v EVER seen.

They will never live down taking that big lump sum of money from Microsoft/etc for their "documentary".

Playing: Far Cry 4, Prison Architect, DriveClub
Watching: Tusk, The Equalizer, The Homesman

66. Re: Titanfall Reviews Mar 11, 2014, 08:48 nin

[VG]Reagle wrote on Mar 10, 2014, 23:36:
nin wrote on Mar 10, 2014, 23:03:
[VG]Reagle wrote on Mar 10, 2014, 22:59:
I cant wait!

Yeah, you'll fit right in there!

If Beta is any indication, hopefully there are a lot of complaining, whining, self centered, cry babies on my team. I would not want it any other way.

I rest my case. You'll make all kinds of "friends" there. Go forth!

edit: Oh, and take hellbinder with you.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

65. Re: Titanfall Reviews Mar 11, 2014, 08:47 nin

jdreyer wrote on Mar 10, 2014, 23:22:
No bot match, no sale.

Couldn't have said it better.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

64. Re: Titanfall Reviews Mar 11, 2014, 08:36 Tim Collins

63. Re: Titanfall Reviews Mar 11, 2014, 08:33 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, I was at least hoping for a huge campaign. Given the developers I guess that was a lost cause. Gameplay looks pretty good, I'll probably still buy this when it hits $9.99 or so.

Looking forward more to the full release of Hawken though, to be honest.

62. Re: Titanfall Reviews Mar 11, 2014, 08:31 PHJF

Flo wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 08:18:

I just realized this wasn't releasing on PS4. Just when I'd thought EA couldn't sink any lower.
Yea, they call these Exclusives. I think even the PS4 got some of those

Yeah, games made by or produced by Sony.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

61. Re: Titanfall Reviews Mar 11, 2014, 08:18 Flo

I just realized this wasn't releasing on PS4. Just when I'd thought EA couldn't sink any lower.
Yea, they call these Exclusives. I think even the PS4 got some of those

Supporter of the "Chewbacca Defense"

60. Re: Titanfall Reviews Mar 11, 2014, 08:17 Tim Collins

I knew the game was too be avoided when they made a Titanfall themed console.  

59. Re: Titanfall Reviews Mar 11, 2014, 08:12 PHJF

Steam + PSN: PHJF

58. Re: Titanfall Reviews Mar 11, 2014, 08:07 Ryan Lange

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 10, 2014, 22:02:
I want some of the shit everyone in this reply thread was smoking, because apparently we bashed Titanfall in this topic..... Which is pretty funny... because I read every post and don't see anyone doing that.

It's worse than that. Unless I'm misunderstanding how comments are numbered here, there were only 5 posts prior to Trevellian's bizarre condemnation of people trashing the game. Only one of those posts expressed any opinion about the game itself and it was as equivalent to, "Eh, not for me".

57. Re: Titanfall Reviews Mar 11, 2014, 07:33 Mad Max RW

It's nice to see a game that isn't a sequel or a reboot getting good reviews. If the PC version gets a little more love with player hosted dedicated servers I'll consider picking it up. If they add mod support I will definitely be there.  

56. Re: Titanfall Reviews Mar 11, 2014, 07:21 Redmask

InBlack wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 04:55:
What? How dare you write something that actually makes a lot of sense and completely refutes the ridiculous, unintentionaly ironic and hypocritical claims of both Trevellian and Redmask?? We have a reputation to hold up, we are haters and trolls right??

Yeah how stupid of me to suggest that he just ignore things that bother him on the internet, real or perceived Rolleyes

55. Re: Titanfall Reviews Mar 11, 2014, 06:45 SpectralMeat

Beamer wrote on Mar 10, 2014, 23:55:
I don't need to spend 30 minutes watching someone else play something to see if it's good or not.
Then don't
I like to watch them and find out info about the game. I find them more informative and entertaining then reading reviews

Steam: SpectralMeat

54. Re: Titanfall Reviews Mar 11, 2014, 04:55 InBlack

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 10, 2014, 22:02:
Redmask wrote on Mar 10, 2014, 21:37:
Trevellian wrote on Mar 10, 2014, 21:22:
It really has nothing to do with this game in particular. It just seems like news about every big game on Blues gets shit on by a few regulars who like to regurgitate the same lame jokes over and over. Usually directed at specific Publishers/Developers, without actually ever trying a game. This place used to be fun, is my point.

Just ignore them. Waxing nostalgia about the old days doesn't do anything, I've been reading a long time before commenting and it wasn't any better back then either. I think you will be hard pressed to find a website any different, it's the nature of public commentary. I would never let someone else ruin my enjoyment of something I like, whether it's a website or a video game.

I want some of the shit everyone in this reply thread was smoking, because apparently we bashed Titanfall in this topic..... Which is pretty funny... because I read every post and don't see anyone doing that. Even Cutter was mildly friendly ,p

So don't mind me interfering in your dream world ... but we are talking about something that isn't even related to Titanfall....it's about review scores for MP games in general...

What? How dare you write something that actually makes a lot of sense and completely refutes the ridiculous, unintentionaly ironic and hypocritical claims of both Trevellian and Redmask?? We have a reputation to hold up, we are haters and trolls right??

I have a nifty blue line!

53. Re: Titanfall Reviews Mar 11, 2014, 04:11 netnerd85

No bot match, no sale.
Normally I agree, love me some bots but after playing the beta with my partner, we don't mind playing against other humans in this instance, since we were winning!

Hopefully they add full bot play, private matches are coming so, maybe! Keep an ear out.

52. Re: Titanfall Reviews Mar 11, 2014, 03:09 DangerDog

jdreyer wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 03:03:
Jerykk wrote on Mar 10, 2014, 23:25:
No bot match, no sale.

Every match has bots in it. They are basically cannon fodder. If you don't like competing against other players, you could always just farm the bots.

Okay, there are bots, but is there a bot match? Can I set up a coop game with my buddy and play against bots that approximate humans? From what I understand the bots in the game are pretty weak and meant to be farmed.

no, it's 6v6 - the game proceeds to launch if it's 4v5 or whatever and they don't have any mid-match autobalance but the matches are so fast that it's not rage inducing if you lose a game. Win or lose doesn't change the so called "story mode" either, there's no branching decisions or anything like that.

It's not a hard game, it's not slow paced.

51. Re: Titanfall Reviews Mar 11, 2014, 03:06 Flo

My Review: It's the first online shooter in 10 years that's actually fun to play. I am so burned out when it comes to multiplayer FPS. This won me back.  
Supporter of the "Chewbacca Defense"

50. Re: Titanfall Reviews Mar 11, 2014, 03:03 jdreyer

Jerykk wrote on Mar 10, 2014, 23:25:
No bot match, no sale.

Every match has bots in it. They are basically cannon fodder. If you don't like competing against other players, you could always just farm the bots.

Okay, there are bots, but is there a bot match? Can I set up a coop game with my buddy and play against bots that approximate humans? From what I understand the bots in the game are pretty weak and meant to be farmed.

69 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo