Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Revelations DLC Announced (For PC Too)

Konami announces new Revelations DLC coming on March 25th for Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2, their first-person shooter sequel. The press release they sent about this only mentions consoles, but we confirmed that an oversight was behind that omission, and the Windows edition of the DLC is expected that day as well. Here's word:

Entitled ‘Revelations’, the new content will be released on March 25 for Xbox Live Games on Demand and PlayStation®Network, and follows fan-favorite Alucard as exclusive new branches of the immersive storyline are uncovered. Alucard, the turned son of Gabriel, has shunned human life for many years, choosing to hunt only creatures of the night. The DLC takes place just before the apocalyptic events of CASTLEVANIA: LORDS OF SHADOW 2, where Alucard readies for his father’s return and the forthcoming battle against Satan. As the plot unfolds, it begins to reveal how the lone vampire is inextricably linked to his father’s fate.

‘Revelations’ takes place within the epic world seen in CASTLEVANIA: LORDS OF SHADOW 2. Playing as Alucard, gamers must discover the legendary vampire’s secrets, unearth the true extent of his involvement in Dracula’s story, and set in motion the events of CASTLEVANIA: LORDS OF SHADOW 2. The DLC expands the incredible story of the recently-released sequel, with the fate of the Belmont clan unveiled. Alucard has his own unique, powerful abilities, including use of the Glaciem and Igneas powers, in addition to vampiric abilities which allow him to transform into a wolf, a swarm of bats and even turn back time. Blood also fuels capabilities, as drinking the blood of enemies will intensify immortal powers.

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Revelations DLC Announced (For PC Too) Mar 9, 2014, 17:02 Bundy

Something to keep in mind. If you want to try and argue your point, dont root the foundation of your argument in calling everybody who disagrees with u stupid. It belittles your entire point and reduces it to little more than a childish hissy fit.

I write software for a living. I get paid money for the tools I create. By your logic, software should free. If that was the case, then I'd have to do something else for a living. So would every other coder. And the software industry would die. I'm not going to argue this any further, I feel like I'm arguing with a creationist here. You don't deserve the attention.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. removed Mar 9, 2014, 13:44 Suppa7

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Mar 10, 2014, 08:25.

16. Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Revelations DLC Announced (For PC Too) Mar 9, 2014, 10:55 LurkerLito

Suppa7 wrote on Mar 9, 2014, 10:02:
It's not stealing, it's making a copy. You can't 'steal' an idea, you can only make a copy of it. If I steal a car, you don't have the car. That's why it's stealing. The two things are not the same and you keep conflating the two.
It's funny how all pirates idiotically justify the whole idea of theft with the word copy. Understand software is a different kind of property, it is contractual. For a certain amount of money the developer/publisher is in a contract with you, the terms are spelled out in their EULA and ToS contracts. Your money is given so you can be given the right to use the software. The right to use the software and who to give the software to is completely owned by the creator of the software. When you illegally made a copy and used the software, you stole the developer's two most basic rights and you think that's OK, but hypocritically you rant on and on when the developers limit what you think are your rights to their software.

You seem to think just because you can copy the bits of data no theft can occur, but data theft is much more serious than stealing of a physical property. To follow your simple and ludicrous example, if someone goes to your house and steals your car, you were deprived a vehicle worth a few thousand dollars, but if someone goes and "copies" your data in your house nothing was physically stolen, but with a few visits here and there, can steal all aspects your life, ruin your credit and even become you. And according to your philosophy, that's fine by you because they didn't actually "steal" anything from you.

15. Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Revelations DLC Announced (For PC Too) Mar 9, 2014, 10:02 Suppa7

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 9, 2014, 01:16:
But it's stealing,

It's not stealing, it's making a copy. You can't 'steal' an idea, you can only make a copy of it. If I steal a car, you don't have the car. That's why it's stealing. The two things are not the same and you keep conflating the two.

14. removed Mar 9, 2014, 10:01 Suppa7

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Mar 10, 2014, 08:24.

13. Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Revelations DLC Announced (For PC Too) Mar 9, 2014, 01:16 HorrorScope

Suppa7 wrote on Mar 8, 2014, 14:38:
The fiction is that we 'own' stuff, but ownership is imaginary and political.

Wait you said in the 90's you did own stuff.

But it's stealing, it's not up to me or you to decide that, that is the law. Now we may not like it, but to call it something else is imaginary.

12. Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Revelations DLC Announced (For PC Too) Mar 9, 2014, 01:12 HorrorScope

Suppa7 wrote on Mar 8, 2014, 12:55:
I grew up in the 90's, so I hate steam and the game industry. When I pay for a game I want to own it, the whole copyright/intellectual property regime of america is criminal

I grew up in the 70's and love steam. I'm grateful games cost A LOT LESS then they used to. And... because of that I'm perfectly fine with DD copies in which I haven't had one taken from me yet. I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. Just didn't know there was a 90's thing going on with Steam until now.

11. removed Mar 8, 2014, 21:03 Suppa7

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Mar 10, 2014, 08:24.

10. Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Revelations DLC Announced (For PC Too) Mar 8, 2014, 15:29 Bundy

Suppa7 wrote on Mar 8, 2014, 14:38:
Bundy wrote on Mar 8, 2014, 14:15:
I dunno, still stealing.

It's not stealing, you're just not intelligent enough tragically to form any kind of intelligent picture of the world. If a criminal buys a law from politicians something becomes "illegal". No one has to obey anyone who's only concern is money and is not responsible enough to treat their customers and society with respect. When you say "stealing" you mean "you should obey king gabes laws he bought through bribery". Well that shows how dumb you are.

No one really "owns" the natural world, human beings just remix matter and energy. The fiction is that we 'own' stuff, but ownership is imaginary and political. It's a mutually agreed upon fiction to solve complex problems. The problem is when human beings are too immature and abuse their power. Few industries are more abusive than the game industry to their customers.

I rest my case

9. Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Revelations DLC Announced (For PC Too) Mar 8, 2014, 15:08 LurkerLito

I rented this on the PS3 and am at the last boss. So I while I can't say I finished it, I have gone through enough of it to say, it's not as bad as some would have you believe. A 6.5 to 7.0/10 rating IMHO is fair for this game. The story as far as I have seen, does seem to make some sense though is told in a rather weird way. The kind of time travel mechanics mixing in past and future is just weird. I can't comment on the ending as I haven't actually finished it.

Combat wise, the old one was IMHO a bit better. The controls aren't as tight as the original LoS. I honestly still don't like the QT events at all. I often times, sit there and never get to press any button because, I think I am watching a cut scene then all of a sudden they ring comes up and just miss it, they honestly should just remove all the QT events, they are pointless, or at the very least let you turn it off and let it be a user's choice.

Now the dreaded stealth sections, I have to say are completely out of place. Stealth just doesn't belong in ANY Castlevania games. If you see an enemy you should be able to go there and kill it, you kill so many things as you go bigger and supposedly more powerful, but these big guys with guns sneak by or they will kill you every time. It's just idiotic. The one section with Pan's brother is probably the worst designed one of them all and sticks out so jarringly that you just can't forget about it. You have to sneak by to get to the place where you finally fight him, if you get caught sneaking you can't fight him and he'll just drain your HP and make you start from scratch again to waste your time over and over till you get by or die. Those sections could still have been used for puzzle solving, but seriously none of the stealth crap fits right (ie round peg meet square hole so they used a hammer to fix it and broke the peg and holes). I can't believe it got through QA.

8. removed Mar 8, 2014, 14:38 Suppa7

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Mar 10, 2014, 08:26.

7. Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Revelations DLC Announced (For PC Too) Mar 8, 2014, 14:15 Bundy

Suppa7 wrote on Mar 8, 2014, 12:55:
Rattlehead wrote on Mar 8, 2014, 10:05:
So even though you don't think it's worth paying for...you still downloaded and played it, enough to the stealth sections at least. You know there is a demo on steam right?

Why do people come up with these nonsensical reasons to justify stealing?

Look just because YOU don't understand my reasoning doesn't mean I don't have valid justifications. I could sit here and tell you the truth all day and you wouldn't get it. Learn the science.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYmi0DLzBdQ

I grew up in the 90's, so I hate steam and the game industry. When I pay for a game I want to own it, the whole copyright/intellectual property regime of america is criminal and you are too historically naive to have any kind of historical sense of how corrupt businesses like the game industry really are. You are naively moral, you operate on the assumption that corporate america is 'essentially good' and not 'essentially criminal' and that's what makes you fucking stupid for anyone who has a brain and who's an adult and fully aware of all the corruption in the world and especially the governments and corporations of the world.

Quotation: "If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."-- Thomas jefferson

I will never pay full price for a steamworks DRM'd game, ever, but I know dev's got to eat and most gamers are cretinous morons like you. So you mindlessly hand over money to criminals like gabe at valve who have fucked up gaming by normalizing DRM.

Always online, DRM, etc, is the worst of all possible worlds for someone who grew up in the 90's and who isn't stupid. Games are so dumbed down and lower quality today that they aren't really worth anything besides a bargain price.

Since I grew up in the 80's/90's I highly value REPLAYABILITY, which games like civilization have. So many games dont have replayability, they are just giant movies and one time playthroughs and it sucks because game devs of today don't have to do any hard work because 90% of the gaming audience are tasteless cretins.

I miss the days of civlization/alpha centauri levels of fun and replayability and there's no way I'm going to treat a criminal industry with respect who buy politicians and laws taking away my rights to own the shit that I buy. We live in a world of unjust laws and have returned to an age of kings and serfs/peasants because when you have billions of dollars you can get all sorts of laws passed that take away peoples rights.

You are too clueless to understand just how fucked up the world is and that you are not obligated to obey irresponsible rich people and their corporations.

The reality is I agree 'piracy' is a bad thing, but so is monopoly (aka dictatorial control) over ideas that copyright law and intellectual property are. These are backhanded ways to strip people of their rights and america is well known for its criminality in its government and upper class. If the world was filled with adults I would agree with your position, but it's not, you are not literate enough to make any kind of moral judgement regarding the state of the world sadly.

I dunno, still stealing. If you don't like the corporate policies and DRM and licensing vs purchasing, it is in your absolute right to not participate. But taking something that someone else created and not paying for it is the definition of theft, no matter how u "feel" about the system. No matter which decade you grew up in. My 2 cents.

Anyway, I like the game so far. It's no God of War, but it's got good combat and a semi-interesting story. You might want to wait for the steam sale. Not sure it's worth full price.

6. Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Revelations DLC Announced (For PC Too) Mar 8, 2014, 12:55 Suppa7

Rattlehead wrote on Mar 8, 2014, 10:05:
So even though you don't think it's worth paying for...you still downloaded and played it, enough to the stealth sections at least. You know there is a demo on steam right?

Look just because YOU don't understand my reasoning doesn't mean I don't have valid justifications. I could sit here and tell you the truth all day and you wouldn't get it. Learn the science.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYmi0DLzBdQ

I grew up in the 90's, so I hate steam and the game industry. When I pay for a game I want to own it, the whole copyright/intellectual property regime of america is criminal and you are too historically naive to have any kind of historical sense of how corrupt businesses like the game industry really are. You are naively moral, you operate on the assumption that corporate america is 'essentially good' and not 'essentially criminal' and that's what makes you fucking stupid for anyone who has a brain and who's an adult and fully aware of all the corruption in the world and especially the governments and corporations of the world.

Quotation: "If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."-- Thomas jefferson

I will never pay full price for a steamworks DRM'd game, ever, but I know dev's got to eat and most gamers are cretinous morons like you. So you mindlessly hand over money to criminals like gabe at valve who have fucked up gaming by normalizing DRM.

Always online, DRM, etc, is the worst of all possible worlds for someone who grew up in the 90's and who isn't stupid. Games are so dumbed down and lower quality today that they aren't really worth anything besides a bargain price.

Since I grew up in the 80's/90's I highly value REPLAYABILITY, which games like civilization have. So many games dont have replayability, they are just giant movies and one time playthroughs and it sucks because game devs of today don't have to do any hard work because 90% of the gaming audience are tasteless cretins.

I miss the days of civlization/alpha centauri levels of fun and replayability and there's no way I'm going to treat a criminal industry with respect who buy politicians and laws taking away my rights to own the shit that I buy. We live in a world of unjust laws and have returned to an age of kings and serfs/peasants because when you have billions of dollars you can get all sorts of laws passed that take away peoples rights.

You are too clueless to understand just how fucked up the world is and that you are not obligated to obey irresponsible rich people and their corporations.

The reality is I agree 'piracy' is a bad thing, but so is monopoly (aka dictatorial control) over ideas that copyright law and intellectual property are. These are backhanded ways to strip people of their rights and america is well known for its criminality in its government and upper class. If the world was filled with adults I would agree with your position, but it's not, you are not literate enough to make any kind of moral judgement regarding the state of the world sadly.

This comment was edited on Mar 8, 2014, 13:34.

5. Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Revelations DLC Announced (For PC Too) Mar 8, 2014, 12:11 Wolfox

I've been playing the game so far (I bought it on Steam, just saying) and it's been pretty good. For me, it's at least as good as the first one, which I really, really liked.

I'm ok with the stealth sections, because, for me, they're just disguised puzzles, mostly. There's one stealth section that's pointless and potentially agravating, but it's one single section in a game that's been pretty good so far, so I'm ok with it.

Of course, I have yet to finish the game, and I must be 7 hours in, which is less than halfway through. From what I've seen so far, though, I'd say it's very likely I'll get the DLC at some point.

4. Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Revelations DLC Announced (For PC Too) Mar 8, 2014, 10:10 Task

Its not stealing, it's sharing.  

Playing: The Witcher 2, Dragon Age: Origins, FF8

3. Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Revelations DLC Announced (For PC Too) Mar 8, 2014, 10:05 Rattlehead

Suppa7 wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 23:05:
It's a very average game, the story is just garbage. The fighting is just 'ok'. I'd download a copy of the piratebay.org first, play some and decide if you want to plunk down money for it.

The game could have been really great but the developers had no fucking clue what they are doing, it really feels like half the dev team knew what they were doing and the other half didn't.

The stealth sections are probably the worst, in the sense that they took resources away from refining other sections of the game. That and because they spent so much time on them and the fancy little bits of story and set pieces, the combat is not as anywhere near polished and deep as it should have been.

The "opening" level they spent so much god damn time and money on, like idiots, they should have spent that time and money making the combat and the rest of the game better. The other set piece later in the game with the doll maker was just such a waste of money and time for the devs, I wanted to basically kill whoever lead the development of this game. They should have went with a minimal story and just went full gameplay because the resources were spread so thin over too many game systems, so everything goes from feeling average, to downright unfinished to 'thrown together'.

I would have been fine without all that 'god of war movie' bullshit at the beginning. The combat is stuck in 'meh' ville but controls solidly, just a lack of polish and imagination in the enemies sadly because of bad direction and hence resources spread too thin.

You can tell there are some skilled devs on the team but they were under poor design direction/leadership/time constraints. So it's just average to mediocre in places.

2. Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Revelations DLC Announced (For PC Too) Mar 7, 2014, 23:05 Suppa7

It's a very average game, the story is just garbage. The fighting is just 'ok'. I'd download a copy of the piratebay.org first, play some and decide if you want to plunk down money for it.

The game could have been really great but the developers had no fucking clue what they are doing, it really feels like half the dev team knew what they were doing and the other half didn't.

The stealth sections are probably the worst, in the sense that they took resources away from refining other sections of the game. That and because they spent so much time on them and the fancy little bits of story and set pieces, the combat is not as anywhere near polished and deep as it should have been.

The "opening" level they spent so much god damn time and money on, like idiots, they should have spent that time and money making the combat and the rest of the game better. The other set piece later in the game with the doll maker was just such a waste of money and time for the devs, I wanted to basically kill whoever lead the development of this game. They should have went with a minimal story and just went full gameplay because the resources were spread so thin over too many game systems, so everything goes from feeling average, to downright unfinished to 'thrown together'.

I would have been fine without all that 'god of war movie' bullshit at the beginning. The combat is stuck in 'meh' ville but controls solidly, just a lack of polish and imagination in the enemies sadly because of bad direction and hence resources spread too thin.

You can tell there are some skilled devs on the team but they were under poor design direction/leadership/time constraints. So it's just average to mediocre in places.

This comment was edited on Mar 7, 2014, 23:27.

1. Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Revelations DLC Announced (For PC Too) Mar 7, 2014, 19:27 Cyanotetyphas

Anyone actually played this yet?

I liked the first one quite a bit more than the luke-warm reviews had led me to predict. Every review mentions the piss poor stealth mechanic, which I don't doubt, but I've seen plenty of baby-bathwater situations before so I'd like to hear a normal person's opinion.

P.S. SOTN for life.

Synthetic Error - Entertainment bloggin http://syntheticerror.wordpress.com/

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo