Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Dark Souls II PC Specs

The Namco Bandai Games Online Store now offers system specifications for the Windows edition of Dark Souls II that's expected next month (thanks IncGamers.com). Here they are:

Minimum:
Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista SP2, Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8
Processor: AMD® Phenom II™ X2 555 3.2Ghz or Intel® Pentium Core ™ 2 Duo E8500 3.17Ghz
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® 9600GT, ATI Radeon™ HD 5870
Hard Drive: 8 GB available space
Sound Card: Compatible with DirectX 9.0c or higher
Network: Internet connection required for online play and product activation

Recommended:
Windows 7 SP1
Processor: Intel® CoreTM i3 2100 3.10GHz or AMD® A8 3870K 3.0GHz
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 465 or higher, ATI Radeon™ HD 6870 or higher
Hard Drive: 8 GB available space
Sound Card: Compatible with DirectX 9.0c or higher
Network: Internet connection required for online play and product Activation

View
37 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

37. Re: Dark Souls II PC Specs Mar 8, 2014, 23:06 Overon

mag wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 22:35:
Overon wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 20:25:
I'm looking at the graphics in this game and I don't see much of a difference between dark souls 1 and dark souls 2. Then I watch the playthroughs and it plays like dark souls 1. Is there anything new in this game besides a different location and different enemies?

New story, new enemies, new location, new weapons, tweaks to the combat mechanics, tweaks to the multiplayer mechanics, tweaks to the spell mechanics... what do you want from a sequel?
Innovation!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

36. Re: Dark Souls II PC Specs Mar 8, 2014, 22:29 Mordecai Walfish

mag wrote on Mar 8, 2014, 17:08:
I love my G700s from Logitech, though their mice do seem to have a left-mouse-button-dies-after-two-years problem lately. On the other hand, they have a three year warranty. So give them a call and a day later, brand new mouse. Hurray! They gave me a brand new G700s to replace my G700, didn't require the old one be shipped back or anything.

Logitech does have great service, I agree.

They replaced my broken mx518 for a g400 without me sending in the broken one as well, because they stopped making my mouse of choice, the mx518, for this better model. Superb

35. Re: Dark Souls II PC Specs Mar 8, 2014, 17:40 Sepharo

mag wrote on Mar 8, 2014, 17:08:
PHJF wrote on Mar 8, 2014, 08:32:
As far as I can tell Logitech took a hit in quality in the past few years. I have a late model G5 (which admittedly I've been using for a long time) suffering from the poor cord connection that apparently plagues many of their corded mice. The mousewheel has lost a lot of tactility, one of the sensitivity change buttons has always been poor to respond, and I hate that it doesn't store DPI setting onboard. Real comfortable, though. Their keyboard selection has been lackluster and they haven't released a worthwhile set of speakers in ages; Z5500 was the crown jewel of PC-specific speakers and they never followed it up.

I've been looking toward finally getting a new mouse and have been eyeballing Cooler Master stuff. Couldn't be happier with the CM keyboard I've been using, and their peripherals tend to be a bit cheaper than the competition.

I love my G700s from Logitech, though their mice do seem to have a left-mouse-button-dies-after-two-years problem lately. On the other hand, they have a three year warranty. So give them a call and a day later, brand new mouse. Hurray! They gave me a brand new G700s to replace my G700, didn't require the old one be shipped back or anything.

I've clicked through a mouse a few times. Open it up and see a trench formed across the plastic clicker.
I'm sure the occasional (flash) game mechanic where you click as fast as you can probably doesn't help it either.

34. Re: Dark Souls II PC Specs Mar 8, 2014, 17:08 mag

PHJF wrote on Mar 8, 2014, 08:32:
As far as I can tell Logitech took a hit in quality in the past few years. I have a late model G5 (which admittedly I've been using for a long time) suffering from the poor cord connection that apparently plagues many of their corded mice. The mousewheel has lost a lot of tactility, one of the sensitivity change buttons has always been poor to respond, and I hate that it doesn't store DPI setting onboard. Real comfortable, though. Their keyboard selection has been lackluster and they haven't released a worthwhile set of speakers in ages; Z5500 was the crown jewel of PC-specific speakers and they never followed it up.

I've been looking toward finally getting a new mouse and have been eyeballing Cooler Master stuff. Couldn't be happier with the CM keyboard I've been using, and their peripherals tend to be a bit cheaper than the competition.

33. Re: Dark Souls II PC Specs Mar 8, 2014, 08:32 PHJF

Steam + PSN: PHJF

32. Re: Dark Souls II PC Specs Mar 8, 2014, 03:28 Bundy

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Mar 8, 2014, 03:26:
Bundy wrote on Mar 8, 2014, 02:51:
Yeah, I was a bit torn on the mouse too. I have an MX518 on my old PC. It's always been solid.

The g400 was logitech's replacement for this. Better in all ways except the cord.

Ahh, well if this craps out, I'll know what to do. Thanks!

31. Re: Dark Souls II PC Specs Mar 8, 2014, 03:26 Mordecai Walfish

Bundy wrote on Mar 8, 2014, 02:51:
Yeah, I was a bit torn on the mouse too. I have an MX518 on my old PC. It's always been solid.

The g400 was logitech's replacement for this. Better in all ways except the cord.

30. Re: Dark Souls II PC Specs Mar 8, 2014, 02:51 Bundy

Fantaz wrote on Mar 8, 2014, 02:05:
Bundy wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 14:23:
Ozmodan wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 11:57:
Most of the comments I have seen say it is not as good as the first one. Think I will pass unless I see better reviews.

Yeah I am upgrading my PC now too, but why in the heck would anyone spend or even expect to spend $3000 on a PC? A really sweet rig should not cost you more than 1200 and you get by for less if you have parts from your old PC that are still usable.

Because I got a huge bonus from work and if I didn't spend it, the miss's would. I took nothing from the PC I was replacing, so now we have two and that way, when there's a kid gaming on one PC, and another on the TV, I'm not stuck gaming on my phone! I bought it last summer:

i7-4770K
NH-U12P SE2 CPU Cooler
GeForce GTX 780 SC
MAXIMUS VI HERO MB
16GB PC3-19200
Silent Pro M2 850W Modular Power Supply
Chaser MK-I Case
27in Widescreen LED LCD w/ HDMI
840 Pro Series Solid State Drive SATA III, 256GB
Vengeance K70 Fully Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, Black
G500s Laser Gaming Mouse
Two Win/X360 Gamepads

At the time, with the OS, and some warranty for a few of the parts, and taxes, it added up to just under $3000. And I'm in Canada so things be a bit more here than in the US.

i'd agree with all but one thing... that an optical mouse would be a lot better for gaming than a laser one!

29. Re: Dark Souls II PC Specs Mar 8, 2014, 02:05 Fantaz

Most of the comments I have seen say it is not as good as the first one. Think I will pass unless I see better reviews.

Yeah I am upgrading my PC now too, but why in the heck would anyone spend or even expect to spend $3000 on a PC? A really sweet rig should not cost you more than 1200 and you get by for less if you have parts from your old PC that are still usable.

Because I got a huge bonus from work and if I didn't spend it, the miss's would. I took nothing from the PC I was replacing, so now we have two and that way, when there's a kid gaming on one PC, and another on the TV, I'm not stuck gaming on my phone! I bought it last summer:

i7-4770K
NH-U12P SE2 CPU Cooler
GeForce GTX 780 SC
MAXIMUS VI HERO MB
16GB PC3-19200
Chaser MK-I Case
G500s Laser Gaming Mouse
Two Win/X360 Gamepads

At the time, with the OS, and some warranty for a few of the parts, and taxes, it added up to just under $3000. And I'm in Canada so things be a bit more here than in the US.

i'd agree with all but one thing... that an optical mouse would be a lot better for gaming than a laser one!

28. Re: Dark Souls II PC Specs Mar 7, 2014, 22:35 mag

Overon wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 20:25:
I'm looking at the graphics in this game and I don't see much of a difference between dark souls 1 and dark souls 2. Then I watch the playthroughs and it plays like dark souls 1. Is there anything new in this game besides a different location and different enemies?

New story, new enemies, new location, new weapons, tweaks to the combat mechanics, tweaks to the multiplayer mechanics, tweaks to the spell mechanics... what do you want from a sequel?

27. Re: Dark Souls II PC Specs Mar 7, 2014, 21:04 PHJF

Is there anything new in this game besides a different location and different enemies?

That's enough for most people. And this is a last-gen game.

26. Re: Dark Souls II PC Specs Mar 7, 2014, 20:25 Overon

25. Re: Dark Souls II PC Specs Mar 7, 2014, 17:01 Mordecai Walfish

LOL I have the minimum spec AMD processor on this list (AMD Phenom II- 555BE) unlocked to 4 cores and overclocked to a better performance point than the "recommended" AMD A8 processor. Been running this rig 24/7 for 3 years now and that little chip cost me $80 back when I got it.  

24. Re: Dark Souls II PC Specs Mar 7, 2014, 16:33 PHJF

I am going to spend my time basically doing nothing but invasions, best part of the souls games.

Think you confused "best" with "worst". Artorias added the little arena for people with interest in it. The few times I *had* to go human for red phantom NPCs I still managed to get fucking player invaded in the process.

23. Re: Dark Souls II PC Specs Mar 7, 2014, 16:26 Bundy

gsilver wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 16:21:
A gamer on XP is a gamer who has not played Just Cause 2.
...That's a sad world to live in.

Indeed. Also, I dont know if it's sad, or awesome, that when I see required specs for a game and spot this. "Windows 7/8 64 bit". And that I get a bit of a woody.

It is definitely sad that the list of iPhone games that require x64 will likely soon exceed PC. Love or hate Apple, at least they pulled the plug on 32 bit. Windows should have been 64 bit only back with Vista.

22. Re: Dark Souls II PC Specs Mar 7, 2014, 16:21 gsilver

A gamer on XP is a gamer who has not played Just Cause 2.
...That's a sad world to live in.

21. Re: Dark Souls II PC Specs Mar 7, 2014, 16:13 ViRGE

jacobvandy wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 11:48:
You're right about it not being much trouble to release for XP if you already support last-gen consoles, but XP being called a "huge install base" is laughable. It's 6% of PC gamers according to Steam.
More importantly, it means someone took the time to do the QA work to validate XP. That just seems like a huge waste of time, considering the OS dies next month.

20. Re: Dark Souls II PC Specs Mar 7, 2014, 14:59 Bundy

mag wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 14:54:

That is pretty sexy. Nice build.

Moar HD space, though!

God tell me about it. I'm looking at a Samsung EVO 750G. Costs about $480 CAD. I could save a lot by getting a 2TB magnetic drive. But I don't know if I feel right about putting that old tech in this box.

19. Re: Dark Souls II PC Specs Mar 7, 2014, 14:54 mag

i7-4770K
NH-U12P SE2 CPU Cooler
GeForce GTX 780 SC
MAXIMUS VI HERO MB
16GB PC3-19200
Chaser MK-I Case
G500s Laser Gaming Mouse
Two Win/X360 Gamepads

That is pretty sexy. Nice build.

Moar HD space, though!

18. Re: Dark Souls II PC Specs Mar 7, 2014, 14:26 Bundy

Yakubs wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 13:46:
Only 8 GB of available space... versus, what, 50 GB for Titanfall? An open world game versus a multiplayer shooter? Hmmmm...

I don't know how Titanfall got so big. I played the beta. It was a 13G download. For 2 maps, and 1 titan. There must be zero texture reuse in that game.

37 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo