Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

DICE: No Damage from BF4 Launch; New Patch; Carrier Assault Details

Battlefield 4 PC Game Update Mar 6 Patch Notes are quite lengthy, describing fixes and tweaks to various aspects of DICE's military shooter sequel. Among all the changes is word that the game's maximum rank has been increased to 120. Also, GameSpot (thanks CVG) has a report from a financial conference where EA CFO Blake Jorgensen explained to investors that a buggy launch has not damaged the Battlefield brand, saying consumers have been "very responsive" to the patches and blaming the problems with the game's launch on complexities of working on the new console systems. Finally, there's an update on The Battlefield Blog with details on the Carrier Assault mode that's part of the Naval Strike expansion. Lead gameplay designer Gustav Halling explains this should be right in the comfort zone of Battlefield 2142 veterans:

"Carrier Assault is an homage to the Titan game mode of Battlefield 2142, but this time the all-out war rages in the South Chinese Sea, and your objective is to destroy the enemy teamís carrier before they infiltrate and destroy yours. Our goal has been to make Carrier Assault a really engaging game mode, and we truly believe the amount of variety present each round will assure this. You start out fighting a big-scale war with sea, land, and air vehicles controlling the map, and then everything evolves into an infantry-focused, close quarter fight inside both carriers at the same time!"

View
22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

22. Re: DICE: No Damage from BF4 Launch; New Patch; Carrier Assault Details Mar 7, 2014, 19:20 DangerDog

Task wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 16:09:
DangerDog wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 14:37:

Oh, and they're already working on Battlefield 5 - it'll be a police themed Battlefield made by Visceral Games, and of course there's the Star Wars Battlefront game too.

police...themed battlefield, lol?

operation metro almost feels like some sort of cops vs robbers scene already.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: DICE: No Damage from BF4 Launch; New Patch; Carrier Assault Details Mar 7, 2014, 16:18 MoreLuckThanSkill

Task wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 16:09:

Oh, and they're already working on Battlefield 5 - it'll be a police themed Battlefield made by Visceral Games, and of course there's the Star Wars Battlefront game too.

Police driving around in their tanks, blowing shit up? That's probably only a few years away from becoming a reality anyway, so good timing by DICE.

20. Re: DICE: No Damage from BF4 Launch; New Patch; Carrier Assault Details Mar 7, 2014, 16:09 Task

19. Re: DICE: No Damage from BF4 Launch; New Patch; Carrier Assault Details Mar 7, 2014, 15:19 Jackplug

I dont buy Dice games as they dont support the community with map editors, so we can create maps that are superior to their usual drival shit that they come out with!  

18. Re: DICE: No Damage from BF4 Launch; New Patch; Carrier Assault Details Mar 7, 2014, 14:44 MajorD

harlock wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 11:19:
i be buying it in a few months, probably around june

hopefully its fixed enough by then

They'll be announcing BF5 by then.

17. Re: DICE: No Damage from BF4 Launch; New Patch; Carrier Assault Details Mar 7, 2014, 14:37 DangerDog

Having several hundred hours of game time in BF4 I've gotten my money's worth even with the purchase of Premium. I just wish they would spend a little more time testing their patches, there's plenty of people from the community that would take the plunge into testing them before wide release. It's still my go to shooter, warts and all.

16. Re: DICE: No Damage from BF4 Launch; New Patch; Carrier Assault Details Mar 7, 2014, 13:35 Bard

BULLSHIT.

I've stopped buying EA products because of this shovelware attitude.

15. Re: DICE: No Damage from BF4 Launch; New Patch; Carrier Assault Details Mar 7, 2014, 12:04 Ozmodan

Some one at Dice is high on something to not grasp the fact that their BF4 game has taken some real hits because of inexcusable bugs.

I told the kids we are not buying it for now until I am sure they have fixed all the major bugs. They were over playing it at a friends on his new PS4 and the game was still having it's problems.

14. Re: DICE: No Damage from BF4 Launch; New Patch; Carrier Assault Details Mar 7, 2014, 11:54 gray

Blake Jorgensen explained to investors that a buggy launch has not damaged the Battlefield brand, saying consumers have been "very responsive"

Well, I've bought every main Battlefield game since the original 1942, except BF4. I'm sure I'm not the only one. So there's that.

13. Re: DICE: No Damage from BF4 Launch; New Patch; Carrier Assault Details Mar 7, 2014, 11:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

Excellent tweaks overall with this patch, BF4 is coming along nicely. It's too bad it has taken THIS long, but the game is very good right now.

I am glad DICE admitted and fixed the sniping scope issue, I thought I was just getting really old.

A bit leery of the anti-air "mines" they have coming up in the next DLC, but I guess I'll have to wait and see how they actually play out. The last thing that game needs is even more autonomous AA bullshit.

12. Re: DICE: No Damage from BF4 Launch; New Patch; Carrier Assault Details Mar 7, 2014, 11:35 Creston

In other words: Expect the same bullshit when BF5 launches.

11. Re: DICE: No Damage from BF4 Launch; New Patch; Carrier Assault Details Mar 7, 2014, 11:25 Tumbler

I loaded up BF3 a bit before BF4 arrived and was surprised how well it ran at that point. I assumed that BF4 would be very similar with a few more things happening on the maps.

That is why I bought into BF4 plus premium before launch. I got some discounts through GMG which was nice but I wish I'd waited until launch and played it a few days after release. Those first few days were a joke but I might have thought of that as opening day server load. A week later when the same shit was happening I just gave up to play something that didn't crash every 2 seconds. Like X-Rebirth! ....fuck.

Don't pre-order anything from these guys. Buy it at full retail on origin a bit after release so you can return within 24 hours if it sucks. This is assuming player feedback isn't giving you all the info you need before that.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

10. Re: DICE: No Damage from BF4 Launch; New Patch; Carrier Assault Details Mar 7, 2014, 11:19 harlock

i be buying it in a few months, probably around june

hopefully its fixed enough by then

9. Re: DICE: No Damage from BF4 Launch; New Patch; Carrier Assault Details Mar 7, 2014, 10:39 Numinar

PS4 version has not crashed on me in a few weeks, and it's just about all I play. It's a great game, and I'm sure it looks a lot better on a decent PC. As for other bugs, rare and minor. It's really rather polished on this platform at least.

This may be an indicator of where the support/resources have gone to fixing things though.

8. Re: DICE: No Damage from BF4 Launch; New Patch; Carrier Assault Details Mar 7, 2014, 10:35 Hellbinder

I play BF4 all the time and its fine. Occasional crashes don't kill the games fun when you play it for 2-3 hours at a time or more for some people.

people who are waiting for perfection before they buy are silly. The game is what the game is and it rocks bugs and all.

The Whales name is Bob.

7. Re: DICE: No Damage from BF4 Launch; New Patch; Carrier Assault Details Mar 7, 2014, 10:25 NegaDeath

Carrier Assault is right up my alley as I loved it's equivalent mode in 2142. But I'm not jumping into BF4 until I hear the major issues with the base game are ironed out (if they ever are). And by then it'll be cheap to pick up too.  

6. Re: DICE: No Damage from BF4 Launch; New Patch; Carrier Assault Details Mar 7, 2014, 10:21 MajorD

What a bunch of PR nonsense! I take pleasure in knowing I voted with my wallet on this train wreck.

5. Re: DICE: No Damage from BF4 Launch; New Patch; Carrier Assault Details Mar 7, 2014, 10:18 Verno

I'm playing other things for awhile so hopefully they get that fixed before the Naval DLC. BF4 is a strange game, in some ways its the best BF game yet and in other ways its extremely frustrating and poorly designed.  

Playing: Shadow of Mordor, Peggle 2, TIE Fighter
Watching: Capturing the Friedmans, The Jungle, Person of Interest

4. Re: DICE: No Damage from BF4 Launch; New Patch; Carrier Assault Details Mar 7, 2014, 09:40 SpectralMeat

I've heard with the server patch yesterday they've re introduced the sound bug ones again.
It looks like these guys doesn't do any testing at all.

Steam: SpectralMeat

3. Re: DICE: No Damage from BF4 Launch; New Patch; Carrier Assault Details Mar 7, 2014, 09:38 Rattlehead

The reason why Battlefield 4 suffered through some extreme challenges, Jorgensen said, was because of the "complexity" of the game (64-player online, tablet support), as well as the fact that DICE was working with new consoles like the Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
No, it's because you rushed the game out to please investors before the release of Ghosts.

22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo