Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Tech Bits

View
3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

3. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 8, 2014, 06:02 Rigs

Ratty wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 10:58:
I know the average computer user is stupid but I can't believe anyone who knows enough to prefer Firefox over IE doesn't know enough to install it themselves.

Heh...you'd be very surprised to find out how many people out there don't know what the hell they're doing! Two people I've built systems for over the last few years have gone to school to learn about computers and still don't know a damn thing! They don't know the difference between RAM and a hard drive (memory vs storage), they don't know the terms 'desktop', 'start menu/bar', 'browser'...etc...and this is after explaining it to them multiple times! Some people just don't get it! I can kinda understand...in a way. I don't get math and I don't get programming, no matter how much I sit and try to figure it out, I just can't get my head around it. So if this is the same concept, I can see the problem, but still...the other part of me just sits back and says 'holy shit...'

=-Rigs-=

'Who am I?...I am the right hand of vengeance and the boot that is going to kick your sorry ass all the way back to Earth, sweetheart! I am death incarnate, and the last living thing that you are EVER going to see. GOD sent me.'
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 7, 2014, 10:58 Ratty

I know the average computer user is stupid but I can't believe anyone who knows enough to prefer Firefox over IE doesn't know enough to install it themselves. I wonder how much money MS paid Dell to make IE the preferred browser?  

1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 7, 2014, 10:13 Pigeon

In response Dell said that the money was being charged for the time and labour involved.

"In this particular situation, the customer would not be charged for the Mozilla Firefox software download, rather the fee would cover the time and labour involved for factory personnel to load a different image than is provided on the system's standard configuration."

Because so much labor is involved in what is essentially an automated process. I'd be surprised if it even takes 30 minutes to create an image that can be automatically installed on thousands of computers.

I hope they get nailed for being so greedy.

3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo