Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

PC Dark Souls II Next Month

A post on Facebook reveals that recent indications that the PC edition of Dark Souls II is coming next month were correct, and the action/RPG sequel should be released via Steam on April 25th (thanks Kotaku). Word is: "PC & STEAM version will benefit from PC capabilities with increased texture resolution and an enhanced frame rate option. On top of that, FromSoftware have been working to perfectly adapt the game for a mouse & keyboard combo."

View
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

23. Re: PC Dark Souls II Next Month Mar 7, 2014, 08:56 netnerd85

PropheT wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 01:52:
Beamer wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 00:05:
Regional pricing is immoral?

For digital downloads, it is pretty messed up when it's $60 here but then sells for the equivalent of $80 or even more in the U.K. or Australia. VAT accounts for some of the difference in the U.K. and Europe, but not all of it, and Australia doesn't really have any set reason as to why it's so much more and have brought it up even in government to inquire as to why they're being charged as much as they are (although I have no idea what, if anything, came of that).

Government changed so I don't think anything was followed up.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. Re: PC Dark Souls II Next Month Mar 7, 2014, 08:53 BitWraith

Really looking forward to this game. Not sure I'm going to take advantage of the mouse and keyboard mode after having played 1 for so many hours with a gamepad.  

21. Re: PC Dark Souls II Next Month Mar 7, 2014, 08:43 Verno

I can't wait to dive into this one. I'm an absolute fiend for these games, they are some of the most interesting and challenging ones I've played.  

Playing: Gauntlet, Dark Souls 2, Wasteland 2
Watching: Intruders, 24 Live Another Day, The Signal

20. Re: PC Dark Souls II Next Month Mar 7, 2014, 07:09 Overon

Cutter wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 22:27:
Tom wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 21:14:
{PH}88fingers wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 20:09:
The savings and enjoyment I get out of a $39/year vpn service has paid itself over so many times it's baffling others complain and don't join in.

Yes, why people would ever want to avoid committing fraud is baffling indeed.

How is it fraud? The net is global. What it is is immoral...regional pricing that is.

I was going to ask further about medicine, but then I remembered that you think most sick people should die because that's how it works in the wild.
Naturalistic fallacy. Just because it is found in nature doesn't mean it's good. Just because it is not found in nature doesn't mean it's bad.

Also if one thing is wrong and you do another thing that is wrong, that doesn't make any of them right. Two wrongs add up somehow into a something right.

Having said that I don't think regional pricing is wrong. I think it's amoral, it has no moral status at all. The same thing with using vpn to get around regional pricing. And if one or both are immoral, then they are pretty small wrongs I can live with.

19. Re: PC Dark Souls II Next Month Mar 7, 2014, 01:59 jdreyer

PropheT wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 01:52:

For digital downloads, it is pretty messed up when it's $60 here but then sells for the equivalent of $80 or even more in the U.K. or Australia. VAT accounts for some of the difference in the U.K. and Europe, but not all of it, and Australia doesn't really have any set reason as to why it's so much more and have brought it up even in government to inquire as to why they're being charged as much as they are (although I have no idea what, if anything, came of that).

Kotaku has an interesting article on this.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

18. Re: PC Dark Souls II Next Month Mar 7, 2014, 01:52 PropheT

17. Re: PC Dark Souls II Next Month Mar 7, 2014, 01:08 jdreyer

The savings and enjoyment I get out of a $39/year vpn service has paid itself over so many times it's baffling others complain and don't join in.

How is it fraud? The net is global. What it is is immoral...regional pricing that is.
Of course it is Beam. You know what else is immoral? Sales. It's always immoral when people pay different prices for the same good.

16. Re: PC Dark Souls II Next Month Mar 7, 2014, 01:06 jdreyer

Slashman wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 23:18:
{PH}88fingers wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 22:46:
how is it fraud? When I go traveling for work all over the world, I want to be able to still buy my games and watch netflix or whatever else.

They still get my money, I never pirate and I pay for my services.

Regional locking out of services is what is a joke.

Quoted for truth.

I paid good money for my tablet and I get to have a gutted excuse for an app store. Why?

'Because if you live in the Caribbean, you must actually be from another planet where they like a shitty selection of apps. Let us oblige you by making sure you only get the tastiest turds
(You know...the ones with the little peanuts in them. You LOVE those right? mmmmmMMMM! Turds!!!)'

Well, there has to be some downside to living in a tropical paradise, even if it is an artificial one.

15. Re: PC Dark Souls II Next Month Mar 7, 2014, 00:05 Beamer

I was going to ask further about medicine, but then I remembered that you think most sick people should die because that's how it works in the wild.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

14. Re: PC Dark Souls II Next Month Mar 6, 2014, 23:18 Slashman

{PH}88fingers wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 22:46:
how is it fraud? When I go traveling for work all over the world, I want to be able to still buy my games and watch netflix or whatever else.

Quoted for truth.

I paid good money for my tablet and I get to have a gutted excuse for an app store. Why?

'Because if you live in the Caribbean, you must actually be from another planet where they like a shitty selection of apps. Let us oblige you by making sure you only get the tastiest turds
(You know...the ones with the little peanuts in them. You LOVE those right? mmmmmMMMM! Turds!!!)'

13. Re: PC Dark Souls II Next Month Mar 6, 2014, 22:46 {PH}88fingers

12. Re: PC Dark Souls II Next Month Mar 6, 2014, 22:27 Cutter

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

11. Re: PC Dark Souls II Next Month Mar 6, 2014, 21:28 Redmask

I don't approve of it either but it's not fraud.

10. Re: PC Dark Souls II Next Month Mar 6, 2014, 21:14 Tom

9. Re: PC Dark Souls II Next Month Mar 6, 2014, 20:31 PropheT

Cutter wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 18:18:
Just avoid the spoilers. I don't see how you'd see them unless you were going to specific sites looking for them. And it sounds like they're really trying to do right on this port so you'd be nuts, nuts I tell you, if you didn't go the PC route.

That's easier said than done, though, at least with a month and a half in between. There's an accepted grace period of a couple of weeks usually after a game comes out where spoilers are scarce, and then after that it's in thread titles and thumbnails and everywhere else so that the only way to avoid them is to avoid gaming sites altogether.

Not that it's a huge deal with Dark Souls, but still.

mag wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 18:33:
After spending 500 hours on Dark Souls 1... I'm just going to bite the bullet and buy it for both the PS3 and PC. I want to get in on the ground floor, man!

That's what I did last time, but I feel as nuts as I actually am when I do things like that.

8. Re: PC Dark Souls II Next Month Mar 6, 2014, 20:12 Rattlehead

preordered ! Also, the $40 deal is awesome, thanks for the heads up on that. I bought it through GMG and cancelled my Steam pre order.

This comment was edited on Mar 6, 2014, 20:18.

7. Re: PC Dark Souls II Next Month Mar 6, 2014, 20:09 {PH}88fingers

How is it 90$? I never understood the people who don't pay the $39 bucks a year for a solid VPN and then they can buy everything on Steam at USA prices and whatever else (Netflix, hulu etc etc.

6. Re: PC Dark Souls II Next Month Mar 6, 2014, 20:03 KilrathiAce

It says this game have coop? what exactly does that mean, can you play with friend online coop full game?  

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka

5. Re: PC Dark Souls II Next Month Mar 6, 2014, 19:40 netnerd85

At $90 USD for Australian customers they can jam it side ways.  

4. Re: PC Dark Souls II Next Month Mar 6, 2014, 18:33 mag

PropheT wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 18:12:
I'm kind of torn on which version to pick up. I want the PC version, but I don't want half the game spoiled for me by the time it comes out.

Time to decide if I keep my console preorder or just wait now :p

After spending 500 hours on Dark Souls 1... I'm just going to bite the bullet and buy it for both the PS3 and PC. I want to get in on the ground floor, man!

23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo