Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer

The BioWare Blog now offers a new trailer offering the opportunity to "Discover the Dragon Age" in Dragon Age: Inquisition, the upcoming continuation of the Dragon Age action/RPG series. "Our new 'Discover the Dragon Age' video highlights only some of the locations you can choose to visit during your adventure. Each area in the video has its own realistic ecosystem with predators, prey, factions, and opportunities to expand your Inquisition," explains producer Cameron Lee. "The world’s population is based on an emergent system that adjusts what you’ll encounter based on how your actions tip the balance in the area. You’ll see towns attacked by bandits, deer fleeing from wolves, giants feeding on bears, and countless other scenarios."

View
50 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

50. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Mar 7, 2014, 20:47 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 13:44:
Creston wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 12:35:
Speaking of awesome RPGs coming out this year, not sure how far they are from release, but Skywind may just beat all of them.

Okay, now that looks very cool. Remind us again when finished?

No idea. They're done with the entire world map, so now they're porting over quests. It may easily take another year.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

49. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Mar 7, 2014, 20:39 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 12:42:
I just don't want people to see "It's like Skyrim!" and get their hopes it,

Your response was on spot. But to that I say "Fuck the People!".

Always go in with low expectations, life is best that way.

48. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Mar 7, 2014, 14:40 eRe4s3r

Quinn wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 11:55:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 05:34:
Cabezone wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 18:04:
Cinematic trailer are completely useless.

Worse is that this is in-game graphics, and it looks horrible and really really barren and bland...

You're not being serious, though, right? If you are, I think your standards are too high.

Maybe they are too high I guess.... I just expect more from games coming out nowadays.

47. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Mar 7, 2014, 13:49 Quinn

jdreyer wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 13:30:
Whoa, cool! A pillar of light shooting into the sky! I have never. seen. that. before!

Is there a point, somewhere? Anything really new that's really cool is always hard to find or create. This pillar shooting into the sky looks ominous and cool. I like it.

A mage shooting fireballs has been done a thousand times before as well. You can of course be a hipster and go with a mage kicking magic toothbrushes into people's faces. It's definitely something new.

Ruined forts on mountains. Boooring!

Floating islands. YAWN!

Swords on fire! A'gahh?!

Dragons!! LMFAO!

*yawn*

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

46. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Mar 7, 2014, 13:44 jdreyer

Speaking of awesome RPGs coming out this year, not sure how far they are from release, but Skywind may just beat all of them.

Okay, now that looks very cool. Remind us again when finished?

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

45. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Mar 7, 2014, 13:30 jdreyer

Whoa, cool! A pillar of light shooting into the sky! I have never. seen. that. before!  

44. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Mar 7, 2014, 13:29 Drayth

Saw a recent post from someone working on it that a 2014 release is pretty much a slim maybe.

I am looking forward to that one too though. If Bethesda had a small team who ported everything from Morrowind up into the most recent engine they'd be able to bring in some nice cash on the side me thinks.

43. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Mar 7, 2014, 13:02 jdreyer

nin wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 09:00:
avianflu wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 08:38:
Willing to bet this game will be on a DLC overload. I'd wait for the gold edition.

They never did that with ME 2 or 3, so why would they now?

Can you imagine if they did that with novels?

1. Buy the Lord of the Rings.
2. The day after you buy it: "Now on sale! The Lost Chapter: The Trollshaws! While waiting for Frodo to recover from his run-in with the Nazgul, Merry and Pippin go hiking in the Trollshaws forest. There they run into Goblins hunting, and even a Troll! Elrond to the rescue!"
3. Three months later: "Now on Sale! The Prelude: Frodo and Sam lost in the Old Forest! When Sam and Frodo were children, they were much more adventurous. They went camping in the Old Forest. There they run into Goblins hunting, and even a Troll! Tom Bombadill to the rescue!"

42. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Mar 7, 2014, 12:55 Julio

Verno wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 08:43:
Waiting for reviews.

I can give you the PC Gamer one now... "98%"

41. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Mar 7, 2014, 12:42 Creston

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 12:21:
To me it depends on the size of the area's before it needs to load. I feel there have been several other games that have been considered "Open World" that still had load screens at some point. So I do agree it's not like Skyrim in there are no outside loads. But Skyrim vs Any other Bioware game, this seems to be much closer to Skyrim in this manner than their other works. If they do things right, this will be known as a big move forward for Bioware, they had imo the worst engine for many years.

Yeah, I'm not implying that it's going to be worse than Skyrim or anything; heck it might be better for all we know. I just don't want people to see "It's like Skyrim!" and get their hopes it, and then realize it's not actually like Skyrim.

Entering buildings and such with no loads is a very cool feature and shouldn't be dismissed. I feel I rather have that and a few large zone loads. We shall see.

I agree with that. It makes it feel more like a part of the world.

As anything this could suck, but I see several things that I like about it in design any way.

I honestly don't think it will suck. Bioware knows how to craft a good "Bioware RPG", so if you like those, I think this will be a very enjoyable game.

40. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Mar 7, 2014, 12:35 Creston

39. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Mar 7, 2014, 12:21 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 11:48:
HorrorScope wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 02:08:
Where Skyrim you can walk from one end to another without a load outside, DA3 is promising no loads for going into buildings or caves. It could be argued that there is then less loading in DA3 than Skyrim.

I don't think the amount of loading matters. I think it matters whether you can actively walk from one end of the playable map to the other without ever skipping a step. Realistically it's still loading in the background anyway, even if you don't see a "loading" screen.

In DA3 you will not be able to do this. There are zones, and the zones aren't side by side, so to speak. If you go from zone A to zone B, you're skipping over the stuff in between.

And while I'm not sure about it, Bioware has seemed to indicate that the zones "open up" as you go further into the game, so not all zones may be accessible right from the start. (just like it was in DA:O.)

That's just not an open world game.

Now, could it be bigger than Skyrim, land-mass wise? Undoubtedly. And I'm not saying it's a bad thing that DA3 chooses to go this route, it just can't be called an open world game like Skyrim.

To me it depends on the size of the area's before it needs to load. I feel there have been several other games that have been considered "Open World" that still had load screens at some point. So I do agree it's not like Skyrim in there are no outside loads. But Skyrim vs Any other Bioware game, this seems to be much closer to Skyrim in this manner than their other works. If they do things right, this will be known as a big move forward for Bioware, they had imo the worst engine for many years.

Entering buildings and such with no loads is a very cool feature and shouldn't be dismissed. I feel I rather have that and a few large zone loads. We shall see.

As anything this could suck, but I see several things that I like about it in design any way.

38. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Mar 7, 2014, 12:14 HorrorScope

Raptor wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 03:35:
Poor man's "The Witcher" eh.
They used to be trend setters not follow-up people...

I felt the action combat model in DA2 was better than Witcher.

I felt the voice acting/story telling was in DA2 was better than Witcher.

37. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Mar 7, 2014, 11:55 Quinn

Worse is that this is in-game graphics, and it looks horrible and really really barren and bland...

You're not being serious, though, right? If you are, I think your standards are too high.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

36. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Mar 7, 2014, 11:54 Creston

Yeah, no, it really doesn't. It looks pretty damn beautiful.

35. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Mar 7, 2014, 11:50 Creston

Raptor wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 03:35:
Poor man's "The Witcher" eh.
They used to be trend setters not follow-up people...

That was a looooong time ago, sadly. Though you can argue that really the only ones they are following up are themselves, as nobody makes the kind of RPGs they do.

I do think that if the Witcher 3 is as awesome as it looks (and I'm really kind of skeptical about it, since it all seems too good to be true), it's going to make a lot of RPGs look really shitty in comparison. (not just visually, gameplay wise as well.)

34. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Mar 7, 2014, 11:48 Creston

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 02:08:
Where Skyrim you can walk from one end to another without a load outside, DA3 is promising no loads for going into buildings or caves. It could be argued that there is then less loading in DA3 than Skyrim.

I don't think the amount of loading matters. I think it matters whether you can actively walk from one end of the playable map to the other without ever skipping a step. Realistically it's still loading in the background anyway, even if you don't see a "loading" screen.

In DA3 you will not be able to do this. There are zones, and the zones aren't side by side, so to speak. If you go from zone A to zone B, you're skipping over the stuff in between.

And while I'm not sure about it, Bioware has seemed to indicate that the zones "open up" as you go further into the game, so not all zones may be accessible right from the start. (just like it was in DA:O.)

That's just not an open world game.

Now, could it be bigger than Skyrim, land-mass wise? Undoubtedly. And I'm not saying it's a bad thing that DA3 chooses to go this route, it just can't be called an open world game like Skyrim.

33. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Mar 7, 2014, 10:40 NegaDeath

I'll probably give this a chance, barring bad reviews. They have the occasional stumble but in general bioware still makes good stuff. And they seem to take criticism more seriously than EA does so I think they'll make good on their word that this won't be as dumbed down as 2. And if not, well that's why I don't preorder anymore.  

32. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Mar 7, 2014, 09:04 avianflu

True that.

nin wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 09:00:
Willing to bet this game will be on a DLC overload. I'd wait for the gold edition.

31. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Mar 7, 2014, 09:00 nin

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

50 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo