Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Planetsł Kickstarter

A Kickstarter is underway for Planetsł, a voxel-based first-person RPG in the works at Cubical Drift. They say the game is about 10% complete, and the $250,000 goal for the campaign is what it will take to complete and release it in the fall of next year. Here's the pitch:

Imagined by video game lovers, Planetsł (pronounced «planetscube») combines the excitement of role playing with the pleasure of construction and the boundless freedom to roam about in a 3D universe. Its intricate plot and outstanding voxel based design offers opportunities for intense action and unlimited creativity. Planetsł has been designed to promote multi-player gameplay, to share the fun with friends.

Today, in the early development stage, all the elements are in place to develop a first PC release. What we need now is your help to make it happen!

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Planetsł Kickstarter Mar 7, 2014, 12:26 HorrorScope

Interested in final product, good luck!  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Planetsł Kickstarter Mar 7, 2014, 08:38 John

Ludomancer wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 20:48:
I've never been kosher with Kickstarter. Paying for a product that doesn't exist doesn't sit right with me.
It's paying for a product you would like to have which may not exist otherwise. That's the whole point of 'kickstarting' it. I'm not interested in this game but when something good comes along like Wasteland 2, Project Eternity, Torment, etc., then I'm all in!

This space is available for rent

5. Re: Planetsł Kickstarter Mar 7, 2014, 02:23 jdreyer

It does look pretty cool. I don't mind blocky, as long as the textures aren't 8 bit. I like what they've done here, a lot fewer right angles than something like MC. I haven't KS'd something in a year, but I may back this. It is extremely annoying as Ludo said, that they won't reveal their real names.  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

4. Re: Planetsł Kickstarter Mar 6, 2014, 22:30 Cutter

Minecraft is a sandbox, this is a CRPG.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

3. Re: Planetsł Kickstarter Mar 6, 2014, 20:57 MoreLuckThanSkill

This Kickstarter looks unlikely to succeed. One of many it seems.

I was surprised to see the actual Kickstarter stats though:

35.16% success rate for Games, which admittedly, some are not video games.

One in three isn't anywhere near as bad as I thought it was going to be though.

2. Re: Planetsł Kickstarter Mar 6, 2014, 20:48 Ludomancer

I've never been kosher with Kickstarter. Paying for a product that doesn't exist doesn't sit right with me.
This one in particular seems extremely poor. Their initial concept is something already done by many, many Minecraft mods. They estimate they have only 10% of the game done. None of their ideas are groundbreaking, and what bothers me more is that NONE of their staff declare their real names; all handles.
Fuck this noise.

1. Re: Planetsł Kickstarter Mar 6, 2014, 18:29 Cutter

This sounds and looks really cool. I'm just not "down" with the whole blocky/voxel thing as an aesthetic. Hope they make their funding because I'd still like to see the end product. In fact I suspect they'll probably make it easily and most of their stretch goals too.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo