Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Metaverse

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 7, 2014, 13:28 Beamer

NegaDeath wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 13:13:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 02:31:
Readers pillory Newsweek for ‘outing’ Bitcoin creator.

I'm glad we have a free press, but publishing the guys house and car with license plate number was a dick move given that bitcoin is used by a lot of criminals. The guy lives with his 93 year old mother.

As someone who greatly values his privacy that really pisses me off. I wouldn't be surprised if this had some sort of revenge motivation, clueless as I am to what the reason would be.

It's hysterical that Reddit, the kings of finding someone, making claims, digging into their past and making sweeping accusations is getting up in arms about this.

Which doesn't mean Reddit is wrong, hypocritical, or even that it's the same part of Reddit. It's just funny. Everyone can kind of learn from it.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 7, 2014, 13:13 NegaDeath

I'm glad we have a free press, but publishing the guys house and car with license plate number was a dick move given that bitcoin is used by a lot of criminals. The guy lives with his 93 year old mother.

As someone who greatly values his privacy that really pisses me off. I wouldn't be surprised if this had some sort of revenge motivation, clueless as I am to what the reason would be.

4. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 7, 2014, 08:29 avianflu

And when you consider the man's obsessive personality and concern with anonymity, the article could really send the guy into mental illness.

3. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 7, 2014, 05:46 Orogogus

jdreyer wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 02:30:
Why is American internet so slow?

Duh. Don't have to read the article to know, but here it is from the article:

Comcast, Time Warner, Verizon, and AT&T have "divided up markets and put themselves in a position where they're subject to no competition."

Is Google Fiber not making them any money? I would jump ship from the Time Warner in a heartbeat, but I think San Diego is going to be underwater before Google (or anyone else) gets around to installing a competing network, presumably somewhere around 2462 at the current rate of expansion.

2. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 7, 2014, 02:31 jdreyer

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

1. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 7, 2014, 02:30 jdreyer

Why is American internet so slow?

Duh. Don't have to read the article to know, but here it is from the article:

Comcast, Time Warner, Verizon, and AT&T have "divided up markets and put themselves in a position where they're subject to no competition."

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo