Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Watch Dogs in May; New Trailer

Ubisoft announces a May 27th release date for Watch Dogs for Windows, PS4, Xbox One, PS3, and Xbox 360, saying the Wii U edition of the hacking action/adventure game also seen written as Watch_Dogs/WATCH_DOGS is due "at a later date." They celebrate the news with a new story trailer, which they describe thusly: "Check out the all-new Story Trailer and get a deeper look into what drives Aiden Pearce. Remember, there are some things you canít walk away from."

View
45 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

45. Re: Watch Dogs in May; New Trailer Mar 8, 2014, 02:23 netnerd85

The game really is starting to look rather mediocore to say the least. It will probably be another game that's gameplay is let down by a restrictive story that is nothing special or new. Hopefully it is more open world and less story driven but, who knows. The story doesn't really appeal to me at the point in time - movies do the whole revenge thing way better than any game can.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

44. Re: Watch Dogs in May; New Trailer Mar 8, 2014, 02:08 Jerykk

Ouch. Quite the downgrade in graphics. Not entirely surprising, though. Ubisoft has a history of downgrading graphics in finished games (see Farcry 3). The debut footage was simply a tiny slice of an open-world so it was possible for them to put a lot of polish into it. However, trying to maintain that level of quality for the entire open world just wasn't going to happen. Then you throw in multiplatform development (including last gen) and the limitations keep piling up. People expecting the PC version to look like the debut footage are going to be sorely disappointed.  

43. Re: Watch Dogs in May; New Trailer Mar 7, 2014, 14:01 SpectralMeat

Yeah I have no idea, but the difference in details is huge.
There is a new PS4 footage on youtube that was just released yesterday I think, and it looks kind of in the middle in terms of quality, not as good as the PC and not as bad as the 360.

I think I will just wait and see how this game turns out ones it is released. I was and still am excited for this but I have zero reasons to preorder it at this point.

Steam: SpectralMeat

42. Re: Watch Dogs in May; New Trailer Mar 7, 2014, 13:52 Quinn

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 12:52:
To be fair though the very first gameplay footage they've showed off iirc they confirmed it was running on a high end PC.
The other gameplay footage they've compared it to in the very first gif that was posted in this thread was confirmed to be from the 360 version of the game.

Here are the 2 trailers I am talking about:
low detail xbox 360 footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIK8Mm1-Jdg

(possibly) pc footage:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgRynhNnGTE

Here is a comparison one between PC/PS4: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjUaA5lDeDY

Dubious, though. If the PC trailer looks that much more amazing, as is what you presume, then why on earth don't they release trailers with PC footage?! Don't tell me it's because that would be misrepresenting because 1. they never give a shit if it is and 2. it's not, if you plan to play the PC version.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

41. Re: Watch Dogs in May; New Trailer Mar 7, 2014, 12:52 SpectralMeat

To be fair though the very first gameplay footage they've showed off iirc they confirmed it was running on a high end PC.
The other gameplay footage they've compared it to in the very first gif that was posted in this thread was confirmed to be from the 360 version of the game.

Here are the 2 trailers I am talking about:
low detail xbox 360 footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIK8Mm1-Jdg

(possibly) pc footage:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgRynhNnGTE

Here is a comparison one between PC/PS4: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjUaA5lDeDY

40. Re: Watch Dogs in May; New Trailer Mar 7, 2014, 12:11 Quinn

NKD wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 07:24:
NamecaF wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 00:31:
I thought maybe the delay might have been to rewrite some of the story/missions and incorporate some of the NSA/PRISM stuff after the whole Snowden leak.

But now I'm a bit worried after seeing those GIFs. If they are accurate then... Fuck

Yeah I'm sure they delayed the game to revert the game to a 2004 graphics level for some inexplicable reason and that single out of context GIF going around is representative of the game on next gen and PC.

Yeah of course you can ignore the obvious scare in the comparisons. I'm not saying the game will suck or anything, but the comparisons are legit. And what "single out of context GIF" are you talking about? There's allot of stuff out there that compares the old and new Watch_Dogs. Did you even check any comparisons? Not seeing the difference?

The difference between the earlier footage and the later stuff is mindblowing to me. It's like their content and all the back-up died in a fire a few months ago and they started from scratch again a few months ago I applaud them for the result, I admit.

This comment was edited on Mar 7, 2014, 12:17.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

39. Re: Watch Dogs in May; New Trailer Mar 7, 2014, 11:42 Verno

NKD wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 07:24:
Yeah I'm sure they delayed the game to revert the game to a 2004 graphics level for some inexplicable reason and that single out of context GIF going around is representative of the game on next gen and PC.

Haha yeah. But to be honest it's a bit concerning because even the trailers look worse. I think I will just wait on some first week reviews on this game, I have nothing to gain with a preorder.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Destiny, Fire Emblem
Watching: Continuum, Star Trek TNG, Haunt

38. Re: Watch Dogs in May; New Trailer Mar 7, 2014, 08:25 SpectralMeat

gray wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 07:47:
ASeven wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 07:35:
And it seems dsogaming adds context to those gifs and it's as bad as it was feared it would be.

Good grief, I was really hoping that this would be a great game.

Sort of feels like A:CM where we saw an initial version with all the graphical bells and whistles before things were scaled back to meet console resource requirements.
Far Cry 3 was the same.
There are plenty of videos on youtube that compares the E3 footage to the finished game.

37. Re: Watch Dogs in May; New Trailer Mar 7, 2014, 07:47 gray

ASeven wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 07:35:
And it seems dsogaming adds context to those gifs and it's as bad as it was feared it would be.

Sort of feels like A:CM where we saw an initial version with all the graphical bells and whistles before things were scaled back to meet console resource requirements.

36. Re: Watch Dogs in May; New Trailer Mar 7, 2014, 07:35 ASeven

35. Re: Watch Dogs in May; New Trailer Mar 7, 2014, 07:24 NKD

NamecaF wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 00:31:
I thought maybe the delay might have been to rewrite some of the story/missions and incorporate some of the NSA/PRISM stuff after the whole Snowden leak.

But now I'm a bit worried after seeing those GIFs. If they are accurate then... Fuck

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

34. Re: Watch Dogs in May; New Trailer Mar 7, 2014, 00:31 NamecaF

33. Re: Watch Dogs in May; New Trailer Mar 6, 2014, 23:05 Agent.X7

Mmmm, still looks good to me.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

32. Re: Watch Dogs in May; New Trailer Mar 6, 2014, 21:48 Redmask

Someone posted some PS4 to PS4 screens that didn't look great either and they haven't been very good about releasing new media on this. Getting a bit worried.  

31. Re: Watch Dogs in May; New Trailer Mar 6, 2014, 21:24 MajorD

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 21:10:
I will be buying this when it goes on sale for $9.99 or less, rest assured.

Something tells me that in spite of the polish and digital Christie Mack, the story of a man and his magic phone that can hack everything in the entire city will get pretty old, pretty quick.

Still, I did enjoy Far Cry 3 when it finally dropped below my price threshold, in spite of the Uplay nonsense.

Yeah, I thought Origin was bad until I had to start dealing with UPlay. Uplay is annoying and it blows.

30. Re: Watch Dogs in May; New Trailer Mar 6, 2014, 21:10 MoreLuckThanSkill

I will be buying this when it goes on sale for $9.99 or less, rest assured.

Something tells me that in spite of the polish and digital Christie Mack, the story of a man and his magic phone that can hack everything in the entire city will get pretty old, pretty quick.

Still, I did enjoy Far Cry 3 when it finally dropped below my price threshold, in spite of the Uplay nonsense.

29. Re: Watch Dogs in May; New Trailer Mar 6, 2014, 19:11 Kosumo

NKD wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 16:56:
It doesn't seem likely to be anything representative of what we'll be playing, though, given the visual polish Ubisoft puts on their games.

WTF, the last one of their games I played looked like paper cutout's on a 2d paper cutout back ground.

28. Re: Watch Dogs in May; New Trailer Mar 6, 2014, 16:56 NKD

DangerDog wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 16:43:
Fantaz wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 16:34:
ASeven wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 16:01:
http://i.minus.com/imCQcWqntO6W0.gif

this is the one ppl are talking about...

http://tinyurl.com/m67v4j3

360 / PS3 version?

Still shouldn't look that bad you would think.

Yeah. Posting a picture without any context it's kind of hard to figure out what it might be from. It doesn't seem likely to be anything representative of what we'll be playing, though, given the visual polish Ubisoft puts on their games.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

27. Re: Watch Dogs in May; New Trailer Mar 6, 2014, 16:43 DangerDog

Fantaz wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 16:34:

360 / PS3 version?

Still shouldn't look that bad you would think.

26. Re: Watch Dogs in May; New Trailer Mar 6, 2014, 16:34 Fantaz

45 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo