Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

OnLive Undead: Announces New Services

Cloud gaming service OnLive has apparently survived its near death experience a little under a year ago, announcing CloudLift and OnLive Go, kicking off a new business model:

OnLive's new CloudLift subscription works by linking the player's game library with his or her OnLive account and syncing cloud saves automatically. Players can play games locally on their gaming PC when they're at home, or sign into OnLive on any device when on the go, and continue the same game right where they left off, no matter where they are. This gives gamers instant access to the full game experience on multiple platforms, even those on which the game is not normally supported, such as tablets, lightweight laptops, Macs, TVs with the OnLive Game System or the VIZIOŽ Co-Star, or on the LG Google TV. The CloudLift subscription works with supported games purchased from any digital download retailer and fully supports multiplayer gaming, so even titles without cloud saves benefit. To complement the CloudLift service, OnLive will also sell download codes. Purchase of a download code from OnLive will include a 7-day free trial of CloudLift, which makes OnLive the only digital download retailer that offers cloud play as an added benefit to game purchase.

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Into the Black Mar 9, 2014, 03:06 shul

InBlack wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 03:31:
NKD wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 21:12:
Haha I remember all the viral shill dickweeds all over the internet claiming this was going to be the best thing evarrrr.

Yeah, I got flamed repeatedly by certain 'people' on this board for claiming that this smelled like a fucking scam. Where are they now?

Living at NYC at the time I must say it was a great service. Don't know how it is now, but calling the ones saying it was a good idea "viral shill dickweeds" is a bit much.. don't you think?

Anyway, I was pretty sad it all went bad, apparently its not a good business model yet, but it will happen.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Into the Black Mar 6, 2014, 12:00 Beamer

Haha I remember all the viral shill dickweeds all over the internet claiming this was going to be the best thing evarrrr.

Yeah, I got flamed repeatedly by certain 'people' on this board for claiming that this smelled like a fucking scam. Where are they now?

Tumbler is still here. I think he was the only one here using it. He defended it, to an extent.

But it wasn't a scam. A scam is something designed to rip people off. Nigerian princes are a scam. Half of what you see on infomercials are scams. Gizmondo was probably a scam.

This was just a poorly timed idea backed by bad technology. It may still end up being where we go in the future, with Sony testing the waters now with a fairly cool idea. This came too soon, and no one was really clamoring for it, anyway. But I don't think the people working on this were trying to rip anyone off. They were trying to make a legitimate, good product. It's as much a scam as the Arch Deluxe was.
Bad ideas aren't scams, they're just bad ideas.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

9. Re: Into the Black Mar 6, 2014, 11:54 Creston

EA and Onlive have fired them for doing a pisspoor job at starting hype.

8. Re: OnLive Undead: Announces New Services Mar 6, 2014, 11:54 Creston

which makes OnLive the only digital download retailer that offers cloud play as an added benefit to game purchase.

How interesting. I guess all the years that I've been continuing save games between home and work computers through Steam were just in my imagination or something?

Fuck you, OnLive. Fuck your worthless-ass business model, fuck your piece of shit cloud servers and fuck your endless attempts to dictate to me how and when I play the games I fucking paid for. Oh, and fuck your shitty connection requirements.

tl;dr: FUCK YOU.

7. Re: Into the Black Mar 6, 2014, 09:07 nin

gray wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 07:27:
Cloud saves are the devils work, Oh, I see you've almost completed the game! That means it's time to overwrite your save file!

They're like the 21st century version of checkpoints.

"Shall I save your game here?"

"NO. I have no ammo and I'm surrounded!"

"I'll save your game here."

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

6. Re: Into the Black Mar 6, 2014, 07:27 gray

Cloud saves are the devils work, Oh, I see you've almost completed the game! That means it's time to overwrite your save file!  

5. Re: Into the Black Mar 6, 2014, 03:31 InBlack

This comment was edited on Mar 6, 2014, 04:23.

I have a nifty blue line!

4. Re: Into the Black Mar 5, 2014, 22:00 nin

NegaDeath wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 19:48:
Boy the zombie genre really is getting saturated.

Now you can play any game as a zombie simulator, on account of the lag...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

3. Re: Into the Black Mar 5, 2014, 21:12 NKD

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

2. Re: Into the Black Mar 5, 2014, 19:48 NegaDeath

Boy the zombie genre really is getting saturated.  

1. Re: OnLive Undead: Announces New Services Mar 5, 2014, 19:13 Cutter

This is awesome news! Said no one.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo