Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Consolidation

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Evening Consolidation Mar 6, 2014, 09:25 Verno

Cutter wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 22:41:
A single game on a single platform that most people don't know about or will ever experience? It may be great but she's still an unknown to most people.

Try googling her name next time. Legacy of Kain, Uncharted, Jak and Daxter, not to mention working on several other projects in an advisory capacity. She's been working in the industry since the NES days so people are just sending her some encouragement.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Evening Consolidation Mar 6, 2014, 01:52 .Drifter

Beamer wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 22:48:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 20:28:
Yeah, she is the creative force behind one of the greatest console franchises ever. I'd be surprised if there wasn't follow up.

I'm really curious as to why she was forced out. I'm sure she won't stay unemployed for long. Good luck to her.

A single game on a single platform that most people don't know about or will ever experience? It may be great but she's still an unknown to most people.

A single game?

Uncharted, Uncharted 2, Uncharted 3. 3 games all considered among the best of an entire console generation. 3 games that sold millions of copies apiece. 3 games that helped drive PS3 sales and were the most successful PS3 pack-in in North America.

She may be unknown to most people, but does that matter? The main creative force behind one of the biggest franchises of recent gaming history has parted ways with that franchise. That's news.

She also worked on two of my favorite series:
Jak and Daxter and Legacy of Kain.

Hardly a "single game on a single platform."

8. Re: Evening Consolidation Mar 5, 2014, 23:21 Redmask

Uncharted has sold 18 million units and probably incentivized many PS3 sales. People might not know her name but that's part of the reason why people are recognizing her contributions.

I'm really curious as to why she was forced out. I'm sure she won't stay unemployed for long. Good luck to her.

Supposedly in-fighting with the other two studio heads.

7. Re: Evening Consolidation Mar 5, 2014, 22:48 Beamer

Yeah, she is the creative force behind one of the greatest console franchises ever. I'd be surprised if there wasn't follow up.

A single game?

Uncharted, Uncharted 2, Uncharted 3. 3 games all considered among the best of an entire console generation. 3 games that sold millions of copies apiece. 3 games that helped drive PS3 sales and were the most successful PS3 pack-in in North America.

She may be unknown to most people, but does that matter? The main creative force behind one of the biggest franchises of recent gaming history has parted ways with that franchise. That's news.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

6. Re: Evening Consolidation Mar 5, 2014, 22:41 Cutter

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

5. Re: Evening Consolidation Mar 5, 2014, 22:03 nin

jacobvandy wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 21:35:
No. A follow-up would be she got hired someplace else, or announced she's writing a tell-all book, something.

That tweet, is literally nothing. The very definition of un-newsworthy.

I'd say Blue disagrees.

Yeah, it's rather odd. I'm sure it'll come out at some point.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

4. Re: Evening Consolidation Mar 5, 2014, 21:35 jacobvandy

No. A follow-up would be she got hired someplace else, or announced she's writing a tell-all book, something.

That tweet, is literally nothing. The very definition of un-newsworthy.

3. Re: Evening Consolidation Mar 5, 2014, 20:28 jdreyer

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

2. Re: Evening Consolidation Mar 5, 2014, 18:50 nin

Considering it was news this morning she got booted from Naughty Dog, it's a follow up...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

1. Re: Evening Consolidation Mar 5, 2014, 18:30 jacobvandy

I am baffled by what passes as "news" these days. A tweet confirming the pope successfully moved his bowels this morning would be more interesting.  

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo