Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Metaverse

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 12, 2014, 16:31 Beamer

LittleMe wrote on Mar 12, 2014, 15:46:
Beamer wrote on Mar 12, 2014, 02:32:
LittleMe wrote on Mar 12, 2014, 00:48:
Beamer wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 10:12:
And someone has some control over the ebb and flow of the dollar, which is actually a good thing.

They manipulate the dollar to benefit themselves (central banks) and benefit the political elite while robbing the populace through perpetual debt and inflation. Banks get bailouts despite their own failures and we get shafted to pay for it.

You realize your first sentence and your second sentence have nothing to do with each other, right? Even if we were solely on bitcoins, those banks could still have been bailed out.

The two sentences are related. I'll explain it for you. Controlling the ebb and flow of money supply (dollars) is done through interest rate manipulation by the Fed. The artificially low interest rates was the determining factor in the real estate housing bubble because it injected a massive amount of speculative money into the system. The eventual collapse of housing bubble is the biggest factor in their action to bailout these institutions.

And you are mistaken. If we were on bitcoins or another similar crypto currency, the bailouts could not have happened because BC's have a predetermined supply and new ones can't be manufactured on a whim. If you disagree then explain how. I know there is some loose governing body that administers BC's but I don't think they can do that, but I could be mistaken. It's a voluntary currency and the market would reject such an action as long as it's voluntary. That's why we are mandated to use Dollars because no one would want them otherwise.

Again, totally unrelated. You're saying that speculation and artificially low interest rates led to the bailout. That's fine. But your next leap does not work. It's like if I was riding a skateboard, fell, went to the hospital, and insurance paid my bill. I can't say "riding my skateboard was the reason insurance paid my bill." Riding my skateboard is the reason I got hurt. Having insurance is the reason they paid my bill. Controlling the ebb and flow is the reason the banks got into trouble. A government supporting them too much is the reason they were bailed out.
Very different things that aren't exclusive to each other.

And jesus, dude. You are so into "crypto-currency" that you fail to see how it would change nothing. The government would have a huge stock pile of it, regardless of what you think. Why? They'd fucking buy it. The government would still be rich. And it would be using that wealth that they'd bail the banks out. They didn't bail the banks out by printing money. They didn't bail them out by manipulating anything. They bailed them out by writing checks. If you replace "dollar" with "dogecoin" you still have a government with a large amount of currency with which to give loans.

Fuck. I hate swearing, but it's mindblowing that people think that this wouldn't occur.
Think harder, man. Think more critically. "Cryptocurrency" doesn't really solve most problems.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 12, 2014, 15:46 LittleMe

Beamer wrote on Mar 12, 2014, 02:32:
And someone has some control over the ebb and flow of the dollar, which is actually a good thing.

They manipulate the dollar to benefit themselves (central banks) and benefit the political elite while robbing the populace through perpetual debt and inflation. Banks get bailouts despite their own failures and we get shafted to pay for it.

You realize your first sentence and your second sentence have nothing to do with each other, right? Even if we were solely on bitcoins, those banks could still have been bailed out.

The two sentences are related. I'll explain it for you. Controlling the ebb and flow of money supply (dollars) is done through interest rate manipulation by the Fed. The artificially low interest rates was the determining factor in the real estate housing bubble because it injected a massive amount of speculative money into the system. The eventual collapse of housing bubble is the biggest factor in their action to bailout these institutions.

And you are mistaken. If we were on bitcoins or another similar crypto currency, the bailouts could not have happened because BC's have a predetermined supply and new ones can't be manufactured on a whim. If you disagree then explain how. I know there is some loose governing body that administers BC's but I don't think they can do that, but I could be mistaken. It's a voluntary currency and the market would reject such an action as long as it's voluntary. That's why we are mandated to use Dollars because no one would want them otherwise.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

9. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 12, 2014, 02:32 Beamer

-------------

8. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 12, 2014, 00:48 LittleMe

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

7. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 6, 2014, 10:12 Beamer

Slick wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 23:17:
hilarious indeed, but not for the reason you state.

Mtgox get robbed, and people think bitcoin is done for, HA! gee I've never heard of anyone robbing a bank before... remember that one time some crooks made off with some USD? boy, nobody ever tried using US dollars again after that you betcha. I wonder how many years ago it was when anyone tried robbing a crate of gold for the first time? that sure was the last nail in the coffin for that archaic "gold" stuff. i mean people only said that gold had value because it was rare, impossible to duplicate, and there was a finite supply of it... sound familiar?

people aren't seeing the face-slapping truth that if someone's willing to try and steal 750,000 bitcoins, then they're obviously worth taking. if anything it raises the entire profile of bitcoins.

and for the record, bitcoins are so two-thousand and late, there's a myriad of alternalt cryptocurrencies that are traded in the hundreds of billions every day on exchanges around the world.

it's never going to replace fiat currency, that's what penniless hippies and anarchists say when talking about bitcoin, people who have obviously never traded or mined a single satoshi worth (the smallest denomination of a bitcoin 0.00000001 BTC).

either get with it, or get left behind. not like ya didn't have fair warning.

your analogy is stupid. If a bank gets robbed, I still have my money. It doesn't just disappear. And robbing a bank is risky and difficult. And someone has some control over the ebb and flow of the dollar, which is actually a good thing.

-------------

6. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 6, 2014, 08:19 Mr. Tact

Someday, a digital currency will take over the world and national currencies will fade. Will that currency be Bitcoin? I doubt it. Will it be a currency that owes some part of it's legacy to Bitcoin? That wouldn't surprise me much....  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

5. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 6, 2014, 02:41 OldTimber

Call them stocks instead of coins. Last time I had a pool of stocks I sold them off in pieces depending on the market fluctuations oh hey sound familiar? Some dummy calls them a coin and everyone calls it that, much like the bs of gif or jif. Hell they are closer to WoW or insert your favorite MMO currency as they are generated the same way. Only difference is you actually have to play to generate it instead of just farming it on headless systems.  

4. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 6, 2014, 01:26 LittleMe

Ozmodan wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 19:18:
Hilarious. These people forgot that they needed something called financial security.

External forces at work on the currency, not the fundamentals of it. Governments outlawing it, security issues with Mt Gox, etc..

Governments want to outlaw it because that is their stranglehold for robbing their populace through mandated inflationary currencies that benefit the elite (and rich).

3. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 5, 2014, 23:24 Redmask

'dogecoin', yep this crypocurrency stuff is totally legitimate and should be taken seriously hahaha.  

2. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 5, 2014, 23:17 Slick

hilarious indeed, but not for the reason you state.

Mtgox get robbed, and people think bitcoin is done for, HA! gee I've never heard of anyone robbing a bank before... remember that one time some crooks made off with some USD? boy, nobody ever tried using US dollars again after that you betcha. I wonder how many years ago it was when anyone tried robbing a crate of gold for the first time? that sure was the last nail in the coffin for that archaic "gold" stuff. i mean people only said that gold had value because it was rare, impossible to duplicate, and there was a finite supply of it... sound familiar?

people aren't seeing the face-slapping truth that if someone's willing to try and steal 750,000 bitcoins, then they're obviously worth taking. if anything it raises the entire profile of bitcoins.

and for the record, bitcoins are so two-thousand and late, there's a myriad of alternalt cryptocurrencies that are traded in the hundreds of billions every day on exchanges around the world.

it's never going to replace fiat currency, that's what penniless hippies and anarchists say when talking about bitcoin, people who have obviously never traded or mined a single satoshi worth (the smallest denomination of a bitcoin 0.00000001 BTC).

either get with it, or get left behind. not like ya didn't have fair warning.

1. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 5, 2014, 19:18 Ozmodan

Hilarious. These people forgot that they needed something called financial security. That is what happens when you have a bunch of visionaries who think they know better than the big banks.  

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo