Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Qvadriga and Demo Released

Matrix Games announces the release of Qvadriga along with a playable demo of this celebration of the chariot racing that highlighted the clown-free circuses of the Roman empire. Word is: "This action-packed tactical game will also call upon your management skills to lead your team along the Grand campaign. 43 historically modelled circuses, seven Mediterranean regions to travel, 6 historic factions, and an extended customization system to upgrade your equipment and drivers ensures you experience an unforgettable sporting moment!" Here's more:

Qvadriga, the tactical game of chariot racing in ancient Roman circuses is now ready for you to buy! Take control of a four horse chariot team, choose your preferred upgrade combinations and acquire fame throughout the empire.

If gladiators entertained audiences in ancient times by their violent confrontations with other fighters and wild animals, some of the most thrilling and fascinating moments of the Roman Ludi were probably the chariot races. Only the strongest and most skilled drivers were able to successfully take the reins of the quadrigas, the four-horses chariots designed to reach very high speeds.

In Qvadriga, you will be able to relive the excitement and the passion of the Roman circuses. Alternating between driver and team manager roles, you will try to dominate your opponents in the arena, and set up a team of champions to win the most prestigious contests of the Ancient World. The advanced AI will not hesitate to throw a spanner in the works by whipping your drivers to death and breaking your chariots.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Qvadriga and Demo Released Mar 5, 2014, 21:11 eRe4s3r

What a strange game... turn based.. chariot racing.. heh not half bad actually..  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Qvadriga and Demo Released Mar 5, 2014, 18:17 Quboid

Going by this screenshot, I'd better wait for driver SLI support.
http://matrixgames.com/files/games/514/20140107025050.jpg

Good lane discipline, there's some things drivers around here could learn. Going by the rider at the inside of the corner with the black horses, it looks like Creston's spot on; it's a picture of a chariot team on a rectangle.

It could be fun but it's not a horse physics simulator. Goat Simulator should be more than enough for that anyway, it's brilliance more than makes up for the minor species error.

- Quboid

5. Re: Qvadriga and Demo Released Mar 5, 2014, 15:32 Dirwulf

Reminds me of Circus Maximus from Avalon Hill. Loved that game. I'll try the demo for sure.

4. Re: Qvadriga and Demo Released Mar 5, 2014, 15:06 Cutter

Sounds more like an off-road 4x4...The Quadriga! Anyway, too bad this wasn't full on 3D in the new Unreal engine. I'd love to get my Spartacus on.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

3. Re: Qvadriga and Demo Released Mar 5, 2014, 13:34 jdreyer

Is it just me, or does "Qvadriga" sound more like the name of a video card company, and less the name of Roman chariot racing.  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

2. Re: Qvadriga and Demo Released Mar 5, 2014, 12:45 TychoCelchuuu

Creston wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 12:18:
What are the odds that the chariots 'drive' the same way as 99% of all racing games do, ie, you control a square brick that pivots around a single point in the exact middle?
Pretty low...

1. Re: Qvadriga and Demo Released Mar 5, 2014, 12:18 Creston

What are the odds that the chariots 'drive' the same way as 99% of all racing games do, ie, you control a square brick that pivots around a single point in the exact middle?

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo