Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Interviews

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Morning Interviews Mar 5, 2014, 21:51 Creston

That it Needs More Salt?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Morning Interviews Mar 5, 2014, 19:58 killer_roach

Cutter wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 15:33:
Spoken by someone who's never worked a restaurant in her life, much less a high end one. Most chefs are insane, abused and abusive assholes who are both drunks and/or drug addicts. They're fucking tyrants and they're incredibly myopic. Their experimenting is predicated on a foundation of absolutes. They don't just throw a bunch of shit in a pot and see what happens. It's very generally minor innovations on established norms. And its far easier controlling costs on creating a single dish or cocktail then an entire game. And while it has appeal to a tiny few, most won't splurge on said creations. There are plenty of weird games out there no one has ever heard of...guess why.

A lot of times they run their kitchen to the detriment of the restaurant meaning everyone else has to pick up the slack. Long hours, late nights, high costs, high stress. No, it's really no fun at all and the only reason people do it is A) the money is really good and B) it looks great on a resume and for networking. It's certainly not for family oriented people looking for 9-5 with full benes and weekends off. As someone who's worked in both industries, I can say unequivocally that restos are far more hellish and not something to strive for as a business model. There's are plenty of reasons that restos fail more than any other business by a damn sight.

Why does gaming media keep treating this broad like she's some master game designer when she's done exactly jack? Afraid to come off looking like misogynists?

Then again, you just described most game development studios as well. The parallel might be closer than you're willing to admit

10. Re: Morning Interviews Mar 5, 2014, 18:56 Suppa7

Cutter wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 15:33:
Why does gaming media keep treating this broad like she's some master game designer when she's done exactly jack? Afraid to come off looking like misogynists?

It's gamasutra, that is where the industry goes to circle jerk and the guy who runs that site is all about ad revenue and clickbait. They purposely post and highlight controversial articles to drive ad revenue. Just look at all the dicksucking of DRM/F2P by Nicholas lovell.

So they give platforms to retards and assholes. Tragically it works because people attack and pay attention to things they hate.

9. Re: Morning Interviews Mar 5, 2014, 15:33 Cutter

Spoken by someone who's never worked a restaurant in her life, much less a high end one. Most chefs are insane, abused and abusive assholes who are both drunks and/or drug addicts. They're fucking tyrants and they're incredibly myopic. Their experimenting is predicated on a foundation of absolutes. They don't just throw a bunch of shit in a pot and see what happens. It's very generally minor innovations on established norms. And its far easier controlling costs on creating a single dish or cocktail then an entire game. And while it has appeal to a tiny few, most won't splurge on said creations. There are plenty of weird games out there no one has ever heard of...guess why.

A lot of times they run their kitchen to the detriment of the restaurant meaning everyone else has to pick up the slack. Long hours, late nights, high costs, high stress. No, it's really no fun at all and the only reason people do it is A) the money is really good and B) it looks great on a resume and for networking. It's certainly not for family oriented people looking for 9-5 with full benes and weekends off. As someone who's worked in both industries, I can say unequivocally that restos are far more hellish and not something to strive for as a business model. There's are plenty of reasons that restos fail more than any other business by a damn sight.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

8. Re: Morning Interviews Mar 5, 2014, 15:01 ldonyo

The problem isn't that game designers are afraid to fail. The problem is that publishers are afraid to lose money. The more frequently game designers are allowed to come up with games that do not have some corporate bean counter approving or disapproving every aspect of their design, the more frequently we will see games that are not a rehash of something that has already been done to death.  

7. Re: Morning Interviews Mar 5, 2014, 14:54 Burrito of Peace

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 14:17:
...if you put something in front of me that leaves me hungry when I am supposed to pay then wtf was the point of that?

"Because art!" Or something equally null is the typical response. Personally, I eat because my body needs fuel. If I want to watch some otherwise unemployable bum make meaningless streaks and swirls, I'll go to an abstract art exhibit.

6. Re: Morning Interviews Mar 5, 2014, 14:17 eRe4s3r

Steele Johnson wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 13:13:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 10:24:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 10:06:
Because chefs make food their bitch?

Because after eating their products you are left hungry despite paying vastly too much for art-decor on the plate with miniscule portions that wouldn't even make a toddler full.

Typical American. "I don't care about taste or presentation, just give me a trough of food so I can waddle away happily full! In fact, just point me to the buffet!".

The joke is on you, I am not American nor is that what I mean I don't eat for pleasure, I eat because I am hungry and THEN with pleasure. But if you put something in front of me that leaves me hungry when I am supposed to pay then wtf was the point of that?

5. Re: Morning Interviews Mar 5, 2014, 13:13 Steele Johnson

Because after eating their products you are left hungry despite paying vastly too much for art-decor on the plate with miniscule portions that wouldn't even make a toddler full.

Typical American. "I don't care about taste or presentation, just give me a trough of food so I can waddle away happily full! In fact, just point me to the buffet!".

4. Re: Morning Interviews Mar 5, 2014, 12:56 eRe4s3r

harlock wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 12:51:

not always, but yeh too many of them are exactly like this

I actually had the best steak I ever ate in a completely unknown hotel It was filling my entire plate, and it tasted like you cut god in tiny meat pieces and made them appear like steak. Ah.. It was definitely unhealthy as fuck eating that, but I loved it ....

And funnily enough, the best meat I ever ate came from an catering service. Some specially prepared pig of some kind.... ah.. I am glad not to be vegan

3. Re: Morning Interviews Mar 5, 2014, 12:51 harlock

not always, but yeh too many of them are exactly like this

2. Re: Morning Interviews Mar 5, 2014, 10:24 eRe4s3r

1. Re: Morning Interviews Mar 5, 2014, 10:06 Burrito of Peace

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo