Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Mobilization

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 5, 2014, 17:12 PHJF

My Kindle 3K finally had enough of me dropping it and this time the screen suffered minor e-ink damage  

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 5, 2014, 13:05 Creston

NegaDeath wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 12:14:
Beyond the privacy and security concerns (which being Comcast can never be taken at their word) how strong a signal are those things pumping out to actually be useful to someone not on your property?

Standard wireless N reaches pretty dang far. I pick up signals from two of my neighbors, and the closest of the two is about 250ish feet away from me.

6. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 5, 2014, 13:04 Creston

Verno wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 09:22:
Hahaha oh Comcast, never change. Just when I think I've seen all of the bullshit.

And just think, when you go over your cap because you're freely sharing your internet with other comcast users, you'll get hit with the $10/GB overage fee.

Which is Comcast's wet fucking dream.

5. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 5, 2014, 12:14 NegaDeath

Beyond the privacy and security concerns (which being Comcast can never be taken at their word) how strong a signal are those things pumping out to actually be useful to someone not on your property?  

4. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 5, 2014, 11:12 Verno

avianflu wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 11:09:
I like Amazon but considering how much many they make on ebooks they really should be selling the paperwhite kindles for 50 bucks max. 120 is a ripoff.

I don't know, Amazon tends to sell their hardware at a loss most of the time. As a company they're remarkably consumer driven, eschewing many usual avenues of profit seeking that other corporations engage in.

Playing: Dark Souls 2
Watching: Korengal, Legends, Intruders

3. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 5, 2014, 11:09 avianflu

I like Amazon but considering how much many they make on ebooks they really should be selling the paperwhite kindles for 50 bucks max. 120 is a ripoff.  

2. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 5, 2014, 09:22 Verno

Hahaha oh Comcast, never change. Just when I think I've seen all of the bullshit.  

Playing: Dark Souls 2
Watching: Korengal, Legends, Intruders

1. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 5, 2014, 09:15 Pigeon

Because the Comcast subscriber's signal will be kept separate from the second, publicly available signal, the subscriber's speed and privacy shouldn't be affected, Comcast officials said, acknowledging that such concerns have been raised in test markets.

And Comcast should be trusted because reliability, fairness and top-notch customer service are hallmarks of their business.

Nonsubscribers will get two free hours a month; beyond that, they can access Xfinity Wi-Fi on a per-use basis. Rates run from $2.95 per hour to $19.95 per week, according to Comcast.

So not only are they getting their current customers to pay for the installation fees so they can make it look like they have a massive hot-spot network, but they also get to profit off these residential hot-spots by selling access to them... I didn't realize that south park episode was actually a documentary >_<

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo