Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

I mentioned those crazy KFC ads recently in my role as occasional amateur media critic, but the round of spots from the colonel has gotten weirder since we talked about the fake food bloggers and tweaker mom. They have now introduced stupefied by pot pie guy, who says "pot pie" nine times in 30 seconds if you count the time he mouths it. He does not come off as the sharpest of tacks, unless you compare him to insane chicken wings man, who asks his friends "what's the main problem in the world today," only to reply "no" to their suggestions, one of which is actually "war." He explains that the biggest problem in the world is "imposter chicken wings," noting that you wouldn't go to the car wash to get your teeth fixed. The thing about that is, the angle of the camera seems to intentionally show off that he apparently does have his teeth fixed at the car wash.

Imposter Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Rise of the Titans.
Physics Fall.
2014 World Cup.
Science: Meat and cheese may be as bad for you as smoking.
Media: Sam & Max: True Detectives. NSFW.
New Marijuana Study Says Everyone Knows You're High And You'll Likely Be Stoned Forever.
How Many American Flags Can You Spot in the New Transformers Trailer?
Neil deGrasse Tyson & Brian Greene Reenact a Scene from "Gravity" at StarTalk Live.
Follow-up: Why Revive 'Cosmos?' Neil DeGrasse Tyson Says Just About Everything We Know Has Changed.

View
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

7. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 5, 2014, 14:12 jacobvandy

"A high-protein diet during middle age makes you nearly twice as likely to die"

Great opening line there, "highly-lauded science journal." I stopped reading immediately. Rolleyes

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 5, 2014, 12:26 Creston

1) People still watch commercials? Like, ferreals?
2) You really think about this waaaaaaaaaaay too intensely.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 5, 2014, 12:04 NegaDeath

nin wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 08:47:
I was actually cheering when the line "the age of the transformers is ending" (or the like) came up...

I have to admit I had some nostalgia tingles when I saw the original mack truck from the series. After that it was standard Bay.

InBlack wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 09:32:
Pot Pie == Marijuana Pie??

'Cos that would be like, amazing...

That would simultaneously create and relieve food cravings leading to a paradox that would make one go insane. Or something.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 5, 2014, 09:32 InBlack

Pot Pie == Marijuana Pie??

'Cos that would be like, amazing...

I have a nifty blue line!

3. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 5, 2014, 09:23 Capella

noting that you wouldn't go to the car wash to get your teeth fixed

That's why I never buy chicken at a pizza place or a fish sandwich at a roast beef place.

"Yeah everyone's gotta have the sickness
Cause everyone seems to need the cure"

2. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 5, 2014, 09:21 1badmf

if i were a conspiracy theorist, i would conclude that Blue is now a shill for KFC. let me cite my evidence: that's twice now he's made an extensive post about KFC, including multiple links to their ads, all in the guise of stupefied dismissiveness. yet if you subscribe to the theory that there's no such thing as bad press, the inescapable conclusion is thusly that he's just trying to get eyes and minds on some mediocre deep fried battered poultry.

...if i were a conspiracy theorist ;-D

1. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 5, 2014, 08:47 nin

How Many American Flags Can You Spot in the New Transformers Trailer?

I was actually cheering when the line "the age of the transformers is ending" (or the like) came up...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo