Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - South Park: The Stick of Truth

Ubisoft announces the release of South Park: The Stick of Truth, saying this action/RPG from South Park Digital Studios and Obsidian Entertainment is now available for Windows, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3. The first reviews can be found listed among today's game reviews (the PC edition currently has a metascore of 84), here's a spiffy new launch trailer (NSFW), and here's word on the release of the game:

Written and voiced by South Park creators Matt Stone and Trey Parker, South Park: The Stick of Truth is the definitive South Park experience. Arm yourself with weapons of legend to defeat Underpants Gnomes, hippies and other forces of evil in the epic quest to become... cool. Discover the lost Stick of Truth and earn your place at the side of Stan, Kyle, Cartman and Kenny as their new friend. Succeed and you shall be South Park’s savior, cementing your social status at South Park Elementary. Fail and you will forever be known as… a douchebag.

View
56 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

56. Re: Ships Ahoy - South Park: The Stick of Truth Mar 11, 2014, 15:27 Quinn

Pr()ZaC wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 12:55:
if you do get this game you'll likely need a controller bcuz the keyboard+mouse just doesnt cut it. some button mashing, better to mash with thumbs.
LIES! You don't need any stinking controller.

Kinda epic nonsense, indeed.

I deleted the game from my PC. I think I heard it thank me.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

55. Re: Ships Ahoy - South Park: The Stick of Truth Mar 11, 2014, 12:55 Pr()ZaC

if you do get this game you'll likely need a controller bcuz the keyboard+mouse just doesnt cut it. some button mashing, better to mash with thumbs.
LIES! You don't need any stinking controller.

54. Re: Ships Ahoy - South Park: The Stick of Truth Mar 9, 2014, 20:28 Fantaz

Sepharo wrote on Mar 9, 2014, 11:21:
Quinn wrote on Mar 9, 2014, 05:18:
I enjoy the show but this game is absolute... absolute crap. The jokes are cheap as fuck, or farts.. I should say. Neither is there any motivation to continue in the story, because -- lol -- there's none to speak of. I understand it's fucking South Park but come on, it's an RPG and RPG's should have a goddamn story. Period. And mu god is the game just utterly fucking boring in general.

Loving the show, hating the game. People who think this is worth a buy are the people who laugh their ass off at every fart joke. Every time.

I'd say it depends on the kind of fart.

the farts in this game never get old... lol, maybe i'm just immature but i never tire of the silly jokes and farts in this game.

53. Re: Ships Ahoy - South Park: The Stick of Truth Mar 9, 2014, 11:21 Sepharo

Quinn wrote on Mar 9, 2014, 05:18:
I enjoy the show but this game is absolute... absolute crap. The jokes are cheap as fuck, or farts.. I should say. Neither is there any motivation to continue in the story, because -- lol -- there's none to speak of. I understand it's fucking South Park but come on, it's an RPG and RPG's should have a goddamn story. Period. And mu god is the game just utterly fucking boring in general.

Loving the show, hating the game. People who think this is worth a buy are the people who laugh their ass off at every fart joke. Every time.

I'd say it depends on the kind of fart.

52. Re: Ships Ahoy - South Park: The Stick of Truth Mar 9, 2014, 05:18 Quinn

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

51. Re: Ships Ahoy - South Park: The Stick of Truth Mar 8, 2014, 23:24 Fantaz

you can't fucking rebind the keys... that's so stupid! forced to use wasd for movement.  

50. Re: Ships Ahoy - South Park: The Stick of Truth Mar 6, 2014, 16:28 Flo

Since I live in germany where you can only get a heavily censored version, I ended up buying a key from gamekeysnow.com . Was pretty fast. Had to go through a VPN to activate it and initiate the download. From there on I could quit the VPN and just start the .exe from the install folder. I love it so far. I don't mind the easy difficulty - I just pretend it's an adventure  
Supporter of the "Chewbacca Defense"

49. Re: Ships Ahoy - South Park: The Stick of Truth Mar 5, 2014, 13:10 harlock

yeh i wouldnt pay 60 for it either

also - make sure you play on "hardcore" difficulty mode, which is actually more like easy to moderate.. otherwise it might as well be an interactive screensaver

48. Re: Ships Ahoy - South Park: The Stick of Truth Mar 5, 2014, 12:14 Creston

It looks cool enough that I'll get it, but I'm not a big enough fan of South Park to plunk 60 bucks down for it...

47. Re: Ships Ahoy - South Park: The Stick of Truth Mar 5, 2014, 11:25 harlock

played a little over 4 hours .. no bugs so far

also, havent seen anyone mention it yet - but the intro movie is in a ralph bakshi style, namely "lord of the rings" - and its fucking awesome... big bonus points from me there

46. Re: Ships Ahoy - South Park: The Stick of Truth Mar 5, 2014, 11:11 avianflu

Buy at 60 bucks though? Nope.

45. Re: Into the Black Mar 5, 2014, 09:30 Undocumented Alien

Couple hours in and no sign of any bugs or glitches yet, fingers crossed (PC version).

Really enjoying it. I like the timing based combat system. The humor and shoutouts to pretty much every episode really hits the spot. And it really is uncanny how exactly like the show it looks. Obviously it's an easier style to copy but still, in cutscenes you really can't tell it's realtime.

100% agree, the background music with Cartman's occasional singing cracks me up. Take a walk into the camera store and listen to the rap song playing, just wrong... (but funny).

44. Re: Ships Ahoy - South Park: The Stick of Truth Mar 5, 2014, 05:42 mellis

It's an excellent game and worth the purchase price. The developers and South Park guys have clearly put a lot of effort into it.  

43. Re: Ships Ahoy - South Park: The Stick of Truth Mar 5, 2014, 01:28 HorrorScope

CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 23:04:
HorrorScope wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 20:27:
Task wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 16:16:
Here is a buy guide:

A. Are you a fan of South Park? If Yes, Proceed to B.
B. Are you a fan of Obsidian games? If yes, Proceed to C.

C. Buy.

What if you aren't a fan of either, assuming you don't hate South Park or Obsidian.

Then the obvious question would be: "Why the fuck are you even here commenting on this game?"

No that doesn't make sense. What if I'm a fan of turn based games? Is it worth it then. Obisdian is hit and miss. I can laugh at South Park comedy, not that I go out of my way to watch it. So is it a good TB game?

42. No subject Mar 5, 2014, 01:14 belowzeros

if you love south park buy it now.

if you know Ubisoft like most on this site wait 3 weeks for them to firesale it.

41. Re: Into the Black Mar 5, 2014, 00:37 NegaDeath

Couple hours in and no sign of any bugs or glitches yet, fingers crossed (PC version).

Really enjoying it. I like the timing based combat system. The humor and shoutouts to pretty much every episode really hits the spot. And it really is uncanny how exactly like the show it looks. Obviously it's an easier style to copy but still, in cutscenes you really can't tell it's realtime.

40. Re: Ships Ahoy - South Park: The Stick of Truth Mar 4, 2014, 23:04 CJ_Parker

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 20:27:
Here is a buy guide:

C. Buy.

What if you aren't a fan of either, assuming you don't hate South Park or Obsidian.

Then the obvious question would be: "Why the fuck are you even here commenting on this game?"

39. Re: Ships Ahoy - South Park: The Stick of Truth Mar 4, 2014, 22:31 nin

Sepharo wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 22:28:
I've heard good things about its South Park-ness and not so good things about its RPGness but I'm okay with that.

Now I want to know about its stability. Anyone running into CTDs, bugged quests, bad clipping, graphical issues? If not I'm prepared to drop the $60 (which seems insanely high these days but used to be pretty standard).

Check the reviews - I've seen mentions of characters popping in and out of cutscenes, as well as some things (boss fights) not triggering correctly.

Nothing that can't be fixed, but still annoying.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

38. Re: Ships Ahoy - South Park: The Stick of Truth Mar 4, 2014, 22:28 Sepharo

I've heard good things about its South Park-ness and not so good things about its RPGness but I'm okay with that.

Now I want to know about its stability. Anyone running into CTDs, bugged quests, bad clipping, graphical issues? If not I'm prepared to drop the $60 (which seems insanely high these days but used to be pretty standard).

37. Re: Ships Ahoy - South Park: The Stick of Truth Mar 4, 2014, 20:27 HorrorScope

Here is a buy guide:

C. Buy.

56 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo