Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III XP Bonus

Battle.net announces that for a limited time, playing Diablo III on Windows or OS X will net players a 50% experience point bonus in the action/RPG sequel to pave the way for the release of the Reaper of Souls expansion at the end of this month:

This hefty XP bonus gives your heroes a leg up on the new Paragon Leveling System, which just went live in patch 2.0.1. The new Paragon Leveling system not only allows ALL of your characters to share and contribute towards a single account-wide Paragon level, but it also grants bonus ability points with each Paragon level gained, which can be discretionally assigned to your characterís stats.

View
99 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

19. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 4, 2014, 10:46 InBlack

Xero wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 09:44:
If there is one thing I dislike it has to be the way they changed the difficulty where you can change it at any time and no more staged difficulty levels. Sort of feel like this way they've done can get boring eventually although I'll enjoy playing for a bit longer now with the changes. Not sure if I'm ready to pay for the expansion yet though.

How does this work exactly? Chaning the difficulty settings on the fly?? Huh? What about Normal, Nightmare, Hell, Inferno....??

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 4, 2014, 10:46 Yakubs

Dagnamit wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 10:14:
Everything you've just said were the things that I most disliked about D2. item combos still exist. cookie cutter builds are not fun. why would you want more than one character of each class? they've taken all the grind and put it towards the collection of phat lewts. all the best parts of D2 streamlined, imo.

This is why we can't have nice things.

17. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 4, 2014, 10:44 Panickd

Angrius Maximis wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 10:12:
http://www.ausgamers.com/features/read/3418426

All the changes...all for good. Path of Exile fanboys kindly fuck off

Yes, nearly two years later they finally fix all the standout problems with Diablo III to make it worth playing and that makes it OK to trash people who've been happily PoE since it's release, no fix needed! Good show!

16. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 4, 2014, 10:37 InBlack

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 10:31:
Now your characters and skills are modified by legendary secondary stats. Of which there are MANY. And they change how characters play, sometimes a little, sometimes a lot.

Well this is news to me, the legendaries that I saw while I was still playing were terrible with regards to how they affect skill damage and skill loudout. If they have corrected this, that is indeed a step in the right direction, as long as you can have reasonable access to this kind of gear.

15. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 4, 2014, 10:37 Dagnamit

I found stuff for my demon hunter now that completely changes how she plays. And it's optional, hard choices to make as well since you find a lot of cool stuff.

Exactly,

I found a neck for my newly rolled level 20 wizard that makes him an arcane dealing god. something like 21% passive arcane dmg buff with a 4 charge arcane shield that deals 317% weapon damage, in 5yd AOE. It scales with level and weapons so well I honestly don't think I'll ever replace it. I should probably bump the difficulty just because of it, tbh.

14. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 4, 2014, 10:34 Alamar

Angrius Maximis wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 10:12:

Thanks for this; was a good read.

Adventure mode sounds more interesting than it did, which previously, for me, held just about nothing... I like progressing through a story, which is why I don't play MP often. Most MP groups just want to grind a few 'high return' spots of the game over and over, and that bores the shit out of me.

And speaking of loot changing playstyle or build... I just got a Legendary Pants item that any time 3+ mobs are around me, it drops a cloud of poison for 10s that does like 260% damage per second... It's crazy OP (which is what shiny phatty lewts is all about : )

-Alamar

13. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 4, 2014, 10:31 eRe4s3r

InBlack wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 09:49:
nin wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 09:31:
Except when you realize that there they have fundamentally changed nothing, NOTHING with the expansion.

Did you read the patch notes?

They have tried to make the game more replayable, but they have failed to realise its not about the LOOT (or at least not SOLELY about the loot) but more about the characters and their specific builds.

Wildly disagree with that. To me, the game was always about loot. Like, totally.

Think back, think back to Diablo2:LOD please. Think of the builds you tried or attempted to make, think of the Javazon, the Burizon, the Hammerdin, the Zealot, the Warcrier Barbarian.....the myrad number of possible builds for every simple class.

A lot of those builds depended on specific loot items and combinations (Still missing in Diablo3)

A lot of those builds depended on specific skill tree progressions and synergies (Still missing in Diablo3)

ALL of those builds were playable on the hardest difficulty even without the best equipment (Unless you spent your points willy nilly, but Still missing in Diablo3)

Also, (mostly) completely random levels, mini bosses, monster placements. Nuff said.

Also replayability, why would you ever roll more than one character of each class in D3??

Still think it was ALL about the loot?

Yes, Diablo was also for me completely about the Loot, like TOTALLY.

Now your characters and skills are modified by legendary secondary stats. Of which there are MANY. And they change how characters play, sometimes a little, sometimes a lot. What you claim is a step back is a huge step forward, items modify character builds, not putting points in some skill.

I found stuff for my demon hunter now that completely changes how she plays. And it's optional, hard choices to make as well since you find a lot of cool stuff.

12. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 4, 2014, 10:28 InBlack

nin wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 09:57:

Yes, I do. That's why you keep playing, to get the next shiny thing.

Fair enough. Different strokes I guess. I guess this is why PoE appeals a lot more to me than D3 ever did. Apparently most people just want phat loot, I wanted to find cool ways of killing things more efficiently...Oh and hardcore PvP was always fun too...:D

11. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 4, 2014, 10:14 Dagnamit

Think back, think back to Diablo2:LOD please. Think of the builds you tried or attempted to make, think of the Javazon, the Burizon, the Hammerdin, the Zealot, the Warcrier Barbarian.....the myrad number of possible builds for every simple class.

A lot of those builds depended on specific loot items and combinations (Still missing in Diablo3)

A lot of those builds depended on specific skill tree progressions and synergies (Still missing in Diablo3)

ALL of those builds were playable on the hardest difficulty even without the best equipment (Unless you spent your points willy nilly, but Still missing in Diablo3)

Also, (mostly) completely random levels, mini bosses, monster placements. Nuff said.

Also replayability, why would you ever roll more than one character of each class in D3??

Everything you've just said were the things that I most disliked about D2. item combos still exist. cookie cutter builds are not fun. why would you want more than one character of each class? they've taken all the grind and put it towards the collection of phat lewts. all the best parts of D2 streamlined, imo.

10. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 4, 2014, 10:12 Angrius Maximis

9. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 4, 2014, 10:09 Reactor

I had a lot of fun playing the game with the latest patch- the monsters feel dangerous now, and everything just feels tighter. Plus, we actually found items that were useful, for the first time in about five play sessions! Definitely a thumbs up.  

8. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 4, 2014, 10:04 Wallshadows

They have offered ways to min/max certain builds now thanks to increased damage for x skill or element. It simply puts more focus on grinding for that perfect roll which fits the character you want. I've been stacking Seven Sided Strike and Hundred Fists on my new Monk through items that provide those stats and it's a nice touch to make niche builds. As far as rares are concerned, it's returned to a barter system to grind and trade rather than taking five minutes to go on the auction house.

That said, I got my Monk from 37 to 60 yesterday in about four hours on Master difficulty thanks to this buff and the new XP pools.

It says on your chart that you're fucked up. Ah, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded.

7. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 4, 2014, 09:57 nin

Yes, I do. That's why you keep playing, to get the next shiny thing.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

6. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 4, 2014, 09:49 InBlack

nin wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 09:31:
Except when you realize that there they have fundamentally changed nothing, NOTHING with the expansion.

They have tried to make the game more replayable, but they have failed to realise its not about the LOOT (or at least not SOLELY about the loot) but more about the characters and their specific builds.

Wildly disagree with that. To me, the game was always about loot. Like, totally.

This comment was edited on Mar 4, 2014, 09:56.

5. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 4, 2014, 09:44 Xero

I actually tried the new patch a couple days ago and have to say, the game plays a lot more, dare I say, Fun? The loots are a heck of a lot better that drop and I seem to already have ditched all my previous gears in favor of the new stats on all the new gear drops.
The new skills they added or changed seem appropriate and I feel my character is so much stronger than before. Which is good because they've added so many more monster spawns that your literally running into endless mobs that your smashing through with ease.
If there is one thing I dislike it has to be the way they changed the difficulty where you can change it at any time and no more staged difficulty levels. Sort of feel like this way they've done can get boring eventually although I'll enjoy playing for a bit longer now with the changes. Not sure if I'm ready to pay for the expansion yet though.

Currently playing: Skyrim

4. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 4, 2014, 09:42 Dagnamit

InBlack wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 09:27:
nin wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 09:12:
Watched a video on Adventure Mode last night (thanks pyide @ teh shack), and I have to say, it looks really fun.

Except when you realize that there they have fundamentally changed nothing, NOTHING with the expansion. The new loot system is exactly the same, except now loot will drop more in line with your character. The same three stat boring piece of shit +STR, +DEX, +VIT items continue to reign supreme. The skill system is unchanged. Your character opens up all of his skills at 60, and from then on its pretty much GRIND MODE. They have tried to make the game more replayable, but they have failed to realise its not about the LOOT (or at least not SOLELY about the loot) but more about the characters and their specific builds, something you cant have with boring stat based and dmg based loot, and especially something you cant have when every single player has exactly the same cookie cutter builds, forced on you by lazy game design...

Gotta go with nin on this one. This game has always been about the loot. I am loving the crap outta 2.0 because I know that the only way to tweak my character is to grind out those kills. My enjoyment of the loot treadmill was nothing before, because I knew in the back of my mind that the exact piece of equipment was sitting in the AH. I began to wonder why I was playing the game. So I didn't play.

3. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 4, 2014, 09:31 nin

2. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 4, 2014, 09:27 InBlack

nin wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 09:12:
Watched a video on Adventure Mode last night (thanks pyide @ teh shack), and I have to say, it looks really fun.

Except when you realize that there they have fundamentally changed nothing, NOTHING with the expansion. The new loot system is exactly the same, except now loot will drop more in line with your character. The same three stat boring piece of shit +STR, +DEX, +VIT items continue to reign supreme. The skill system is unchanged. Your character opens up all of his skills at 60, and from then on its pretty much GRIND MODE. They have tried to make the game more replayable, but they have failed to realise its not about the LOOT (or at least not SOLELY about the loot) but more about the characters and their specific builds, something you cant have with boring stat based and dmg based loot, and especially something you cant have when every single player has exactly the same cookie cutter builds, forced on you by lazy game design...

1. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 4, 2014, 09:12 nin

99 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo